Teen Forums




Go Back   Teen Forums » Teen Forum Community » Debate Forum

Reply
Old 06-12-2012, 12:47 AM   #61
Super Senior Member



 
Name: Rachel
Gender: Unsure
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 1,058
Money: 10,231
Last Online: 08-19-2012 05:20 AM


My Mood:


run101 has much to be proud ofrun101 has much to be proud ofrun101 has much to be proud ofrun101 has much to be proud ofrun101 has much to be proud ofrun101 has much to be proud ofrun101 has much to be proud ofrun101 has much to be proud of




Re: Does God Exist?

icy.... what you just said is an incorrect way of thinking known as Argument Ad Ignorantium, in that you stated since there is no proof of God's existence he simply does not exist....
There is also no proof of God's nonexistence so he therefore must exist
see it's flawed and makes you sound ignorant

__________________________
run101 is offline  
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 12:49 AM   #62
Senior Member



 
Dark Universe's Avatar
 
Name: Brittany
Gender: Female
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: ghetto and hood
Posts: 677
Money: 8,897
Last Online: 10-17-2012 04:34 PM




Dark Universe is on a distinguished road




Re: Does God Exist?

Yes God exist. If there wasn't God there wouldn't be us. (You)
God made the first people. Adam (I think i spell his name right) and Eve. And he made all living things. God also made light. If there wasn't light, how could we see? If God didn't exist nothing would be here. Cause living things make movies, video games, teen hut, and more non-living things. I hope this helps.
__________________
Who said white people can't rap? Nigga.
Dark Universe is offline  
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
Advertisement
 
Advertisement
Friends & Partners



Old 06-12-2012, 01:58 AM   #63
Junior Member



 
Nickb426's Avatar
 
Name: Nick
Gender: Male
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 136
Money: 1,464
Last Online: 09-19-2012 05:55 AM


My Mood:


Nickb426 is infamous around these parts




Re: Does God Exist?

I believe that God could theoretically exist. However, there is no way for us to know for sure now, based on our technology and knowledge. The entire world as we know it can be explained almost completely; only two very puzzling things remain, being how chemical reactions in a collection of molecules can create thought, and how the universe began/was created. These could be answered by using God, but the answers could be without God. Basically, it makes more sense most of the time to use science, but it may not always be right.
__________________
Offer help, and others will offer it to you.
You get what you deserve.
Remember...
Nickb426 is offline  
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 03:46 AM   #64
Never Forget


 
Dark Sojourn's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 1,809
Money: 198,442


My Mood:


Dark Sojourn has a reputation beyond reputeDark Sojourn has a reputation beyond reputeDark Sojourn has a reputation beyond reputeDark Sojourn has a reputation beyond reputeDark Sojourn has a reputation beyond reputeDark Sojourn has a reputation beyond reputeDark Sojourn has a reputation beyond reputeDark Sojourn has a reputation beyond reputeDark Sojourn has a reputation beyond reputeDark Sojourn has a reputation beyond reputeDark Sojourn has a reputation beyond reputeDark Sojourn has a reputation beyond reputeDark Sojourn has a reputation beyond reputeDark Sojourn has a reputation beyond repute




Re: Does God Exist?

Quote:
Originally Posted by icy View Post
There's no PROOF that God exists. Therefore, he doesn't exist.

Just because YOU believe he exists doesn't mean it's true. You could also believe in unicorns, but that doesn't mean they actually exist.
There is no proof that he doesn't exist either... So what is your point?

---------- Post added at 05:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:14 PM ----------

I think it is obvious that no one here can prove that does or doesn't exist, if you disagree I would love to hear your argument...
Dark Sojourn is offline  
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 04:28 AM   #65
Super Senior Member



 
Name: Rachel
Gender: Unsure
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 1,058
Money: 10,231
Last Online: 08-19-2012 05:20 AM


My Mood:


run101 has much to be proud ofrun101 has much to be proud ofrun101 has much to be proud ofrun101 has much to be proud ofrun101 has much to be proud ofrun101 has much to be proud ofrun101 has much to be proud ofrun101 has much to be proud of




Re: Does God Exist?

exactly... that's what i was saying

________________________
run101 is offline  
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 04:36 AM   #66
Never Forget


 
Dark Sojourn's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 1,809
Money: 198,442


My Mood:


Dark Sojourn has a reputation beyond reputeDark Sojourn has a reputation beyond reputeDark Sojourn has a reputation beyond reputeDark Sojourn has a reputation beyond reputeDark Sojourn has a reputation beyond reputeDark Sojourn has a reputation beyond reputeDark Sojourn has a reputation beyond reputeDark Sojourn has a reputation beyond reputeDark Sojourn has a reputation beyond reputeDark Sojourn has a reputation beyond reputeDark Sojourn has a reputation beyond reputeDark Sojourn has a reputation beyond reputeDark Sojourn has a reputation beyond reputeDark Sojourn has a reputation beyond repute




Re: Does God Exist?

Yeah honestly even though I'm not sure god exists I would prefer if he did. The thought of no god just leaves a big void with a big question mark in it.
Dark Sojourn is offline  
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 04:42 AM   #67
Super Senior Member



 
Name: Rachel
Gender: Unsure
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 1,058
Money: 10,231
Last Online: 08-19-2012 05:20 AM


My Mood:


run101 has much to be proud ofrun101 has much to be proud ofrun101 has much to be proud ofrun101 has much to be proud ofrun101 has much to be proud ofrun101 has much to be proud ofrun101 has much to be proud ofrun101 has much to be proud of




Re: Does God Exist?

i know...it's pretty scary to think about isn't it

______________________
run101 is offline  
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 05:19 AM   #68
BANNED
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 10,184
Money: 3,453,880
Last Online: 09-02-2013 04:32 PM




plax77 has a reputation beyond reputeplax77 has a reputation beyond repute
plax77 has a reputation beyond reputeplax77 has a reputation beyond reputeplax77 has a reputation beyond reputeplax77 has a reputation beyond reputeplax77 has a reputation beyond reputeplax77 has a reputation beyond reputeplax77 has a reputation beyond reputeplax77 has a reputation beyond reputeplax77 has a reputation beyond reputeplax77 has a reputation beyond reputeplax77 has a reputation beyond reputeplax77 has a reputation beyond reputeplax77 has a reputation beyond reputeplax77 has a reputation beyond repute




Send a message via AIM to plax77 Send a message via MSN to plax77 Send a message via Skype™ to plax77
Re: Does God Exist?

Quote:
Originally Posted by KIA&SS View Post


The third on the list is named a 'theory'. A theory by definition cannot be fact, and therefore can't be evidence.

Above is the first sentence on the link to Wikipedia. Again... a theory cannot be fact, and therefore can't be evidence.

Second paragraph of the 'Big Bang Evidence' link... Again... a theory cannot be fact, and therefore can't be evidence.

Definition of:the∑o∑ry

A proposed explanation whose status is still conjectural and subject to experimentation, in contrast to well-established propositions that are regarded as reporting matters of actual fact.


Definition of:
con∑jec∑ture
Guess; speculation.


You have given no evidence with these links. You have only established that your Big Bang is indeed nothing but a theory cooked up by people who have nothing better to do.
Okay... First off, you've got your terminology wrong, we're using the scientific definition of theory here hun. You can't just start going around with a dictionary going I DON'T THINK THAT MEANS WHAT YOU THINK IT MEANS! unless you actually do your homework. The scientific definition of theory is: ďa well-substantiated explanation of some aspect of the natural world, based on a body of facts that have been repeatedly confirmed through observation and experiment." This means that your whole argument is invalid. So please before you make a giant rant on the internet, please please please just do a little homework first.

I may just be late to the party, but I wanted to throw that out there that I support this opinion
plax77 is offline  
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 05:21 AM   #69
***** VIP Member


 
LuklaAdvocate's Avatar
 
Gender: Male
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 2,341
Money: 7,062,804




LuklaAdvocate has a reputation beyond reputeLuklaAdvocate has a reputation beyond reputeLuklaAdvocate has a reputation beyond reputeLuklaAdvocate has a reputation beyond reputeLuklaAdvocate has a reputation beyond reputeLuklaAdvocate has a reputation beyond reputeLuklaAdvocate has a reputation beyond reputeLuklaAdvocate has a reputation beyond reputeLuklaAdvocate has a reputation beyond reputeLuklaAdvocate has a reputation beyond reputeLuklaAdvocate has a reputation beyond reputeLuklaAdvocate has a reputation beyond reputeLuklaAdvocate has a reputation beyond reputeLuklaAdvocate has a reputation beyond reputeLuklaAdvocate has a reputation beyond reputeLuklaAdvocate has a reputation beyond reputeLuklaAdvocate has a reputation beyond reputeLuklaAdvocate has a reputation beyond reputeLuklaAdvocate has a reputation beyond repute




Re: Does God Exist?

Quote:
Originally Posted by KIA&SS View Post
It can incorporate facts and laws. But It can also incorporate inferences and Hypothesis.

You're so determined to disbelieve in the big bang that you're hopelessly arguing semantics and trying to find anything that could paint science in a negative light.

How about I show you the rest of the article?

Quote:
In science, theories do not turn into facts through the accumulation of evidence. Rather, theories are the end points of science. They are understandings that develop from extensive observation, experimentation, and creative reflection. They incorporate a large body of scientific facts, laws, tested hypotheses, and logical inferences.
Science and Creationism: A View from the National Academy of Sciences, Second Edition

Judging by your disinclination to believe in scientific theories, you should probably avoid ever going to the hospital. Whenever you go into surgery or are diagnosed, it's based upon scientific theories.
Quote:
Originally Posted by KIA&SS View Post
In other words just because its a scientific theory does not mean it is evidence or fact.
Why do you keep saying a scientific theory isn't evidence or fact?
A scientific theory is MADE UP of evidence and facts; that's how scientists arrive at a theory.

You make it sound as though a scientific theory is something thought up by a bunch of intoxicated middle schoolers.
According to the AAAS, "A scientific theory is a well-substantiated explanation of some aspect of the natural world, based on a body of facts that have been repeatedly confirmed through observation and experiment."

A scientific theory is something that has merit and authenticity.
Quote:
Originally Posted by KIA&SS View Post
Both have scientific base and assumption base. Both creation and the Big Bang can also be considered religious by nature.

www .irc. org/article/177/
www .creationism.org/heinze/SciEvidGodLife. htm
Creationism is not a scientific theory.
__________________
LuklaAdvocate is offline  
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 05:46 AM   #70
Member



 
Name: Jacob
Gender: Male
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: United States
Posts: 312
Money: 5,544
Last Online: 07-31-2014 01:39 AM


My Mood:


dazed.confused is a splendid one to beholddazed.confused is a splendid one to beholddazed.confused is a splendid one to beholddazed.confused is a splendid one to beholddazed.confused is a splendid one to beholddazed.confused is a splendid one to behold




Re: Does God Exist?

I think this topic can be left up to personal interpretation, it can't be debated. The idea of faith in a bigger spirit is basically hope. You hope and trust that there is a god, but you can't prove it. No matter how hard you try it simply cannot be done. Proving there is no god is a lot easier. Everyone can believe what they want, but there is no proving it one way or another, that's just the way religion is.
dazed.confused is offline  
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 06:08 AM   #71
Super Senior Member



 
Laddergoat.'s Avatar
 
Name: Dylan
Gender: Male
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: QLD, Australia
Posts: 1,202
Money: 3,308
Last Online: 10-29-2012 08:36 PM


My Mood:


Laddergoat. has a brilliant futureLaddergoat. has a brilliant futureLaddergoat. has a brilliant futureLaddergoat. has a brilliant futureLaddergoat. has a brilliant futureLaddergoat. has a brilliant futureLaddergoat. has a brilliant futureLaddergoat. has a brilliant futureLaddergoat. has a brilliant future




Re: Does God Exist?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Universe View Post
Yes God exist. If there wasn't God there wouldn't be us. (You)
God made the first people. Adam (I think i spell his name right) and Eve. And he made all living things. God also made light. If there wasn't light, how could we see? If God didn't exist nothing would be here. Cause living things make movies, video games, teen hut, and more non-living things. I hope this helps.
Blind faith, this is what this is.

Did God create the universe as well and ever solar system, planet, star etc etc in it?

The Bible has been altered by the hand of man far too much for it to have happened as its told.
__________________

I Love You Cassie<3
OOOOH THESE KNIVES MAN
Laddergoat. is offline  
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 07:23 AM   #72
***** VIP Member


 
LuklaAdvocate's Avatar
 
Gender: Male
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 2,341
Money: 7,062,804




LuklaAdvocate has a reputation beyond reputeLuklaAdvocate has a reputation beyond reputeLuklaAdvocate has a reputation beyond reputeLuklaAdvocate has a reputation beyond reputeLuklaAdvocate has a reputation beyond reputeLuklaAdvocate has a reputation beyond reputeLuklaAdvocate has a reputation beyond reputeLuklaAdvocate has a reputation beyond reputeLuklaAdvocate has a reputation beyond reputeLuklaAdvocate has a reputation beyond reputeLuklaAdvocate has a reputation beyond reputeLuklaAdvocate has a reputation beyond reputeLuklaAdvocate has a reputation beyond reputeLuklaAdvocate has a reputation beyond reputeLuklaAdvocate has a reputation beyond reputeLuklaAdvocate has a reputation beyond reputeLuklaAdvocate has a reputation beyond reputeLuklaAdvocate has a reputation beyond reputeLuklaAdvocate has a reputation beyond repute




Re: Does God Exist?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laddergoat. View Post
Did God create the universe as well and ever solar system, planet, star etc etc in it?
Does it really matter?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laddergoat. View Post
The Bible has been altered by the hand of man far too much for it to have happened as its told.
Individual passages, perhaps. However, the cardinal messages and principles of the Bible haven't been altered much from its original Hebrew/Aramaic/Greek form.
__________________
LuklaAdvocate is offline  
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 10:57 AM   #73
Member



 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 310
Money: 1,884
Last Online: 07-30-2012 12:05 PM


My Mood:


joyflower is on a distinguished road




Re: Does God Exist?

I always felt my belief in G-d was not dependent on believing that the bible was in the inerrant word of G-d
joyflower is offline  
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 11:12 AM   #74
Member



 
Name: Jacob
Gender: Male
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: United States
Posts: 312
Money: 5,544
Last Online: 07-31-2014 01:39 AM


My Mood:


dazed.confused is a splendid one to beholddazed.confused is a splendid one to beholddazed.confused is a splendid one to beholddazed.confused is a splendid one to beholddazed.confused is a splendid one to beholddazed.confused is a splendid one to behold




Re: Does God Exist?

I am absolutely dumbfounded about how arrogant and phenomenally narrow minded people can be on this site. Mother of god
dazed.confused is offline  
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 11:51 AM   #75
Super Senior Member



 
Laddergoat.'s Avatar
 
Name: Dylan
Gender: Male
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: QLD, Australia
Posts: 1,202
Money: 3,308
Last Online: 10-29-2012 08:36 PM


My Mood:


Laddergoat. has a brilliant futureLaddergoat. has a brilliant futureLaddergoat. has a brilliant futureLaddergoat. has a brilliant futureLaddergoat. has a brilliant futureLaddergoat. has a brilliant futureLaddergoat. has a brilliant futureLaddergoat. has a brilliant futureLaddergoat. has a brilliant future




Re: Does God Exist?

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuklaAdvocate View Post
Individual passages, perhaps. However, the cardinal messages and principles of the Bible haven't been altered much from its original Hebrew/Aramaic/Greek form.
I doubt that, as we are prone to massive exaggeration in our every day lives.

---------- Post added at 03:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:20 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by dazed.confused View Post
I am absolutely dumbfounded about how arrogant and phenomenally narrow minded people can be on this site. Mother of god
But are you calling the atheists narrow minded and arrogant or the religious folk? Because both sides can be both in the others eyes.
__________________

I Love You Cassie<3
OOOOH THESE KNIVES MAN
Laddergoat. is offline  
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
atheism, god, theism


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes


 
Friends and Partners



All times are GMT +6.5. The time now is 09:24 PM. Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2
vBCredits v1.4 Copyright ©2007 - 2008, PixelFX Studios
Ad Management by RedTyger