Teen Forums




Go Back   Teen Forums » Teen Forums Life » Depression, Self Harm and Suicide

Reply
Old 02-06-2013, 03:43 PM   #1
Member



 
Zantos's Avatar
 
Name: Cooper
Gender: Male
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Tracy California
Posts: 251
Money: 9,215
Last Online: 02-08-2013 11:42 PM


My Mood:


Zantos is a glorious beacon of lightZantos is a glorious beacon of lightZantos is a glorious beacon of lightZantos is a glorious beacon of light




Need help with my depression. i think im crazy.

I got horrible depression for some time now..

I try to express myself to people close to me. but they still dont understand :/..

When i explain people just think its normal.. but i know how teens can get "depressed" over little things. but im in deep.

I have crazy thoughts of it too.. i think of hurting people in great detail at times. think about hurting myself.. (haven't done that in ages.. imma try not to stoop down to that level, and ive been good so far) and sometimes thoughts of suicide. i know i can do it. and at times im just itching to do something that im thinking about.

people just comfort me like im just some teen who THINKS they have problems.
I know i do. and people dont get that.

The way i think worries about me too sometime.. i think differently than most. sometimes i feel like im the only person with a brain and everyone else is not seeing the world for what it really is.. its hard to get into detail.

Anywho.. what should i do.. i want help. i know i need it. i dont live with my parents. im 17. and have no insurance from them. so i dont know what to do..

going to my parents is not an option. people tell me to just go back. but i cant. theres no way im ever going to. thats not an option. and its something i dont really want to discuss.
Zantos is offline  
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 05:12 PM   #2
New Member



 
Name: Drew
Gender: Male
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Under your bed...
Posts: 24
Money: 397
Last Online: 02-08-2013 05:49 AM




Monkeyboy309 is on a distinguished road




Re: Need help with my depression. i think im crazy.

I'm not sure if it can really get better unless you talk to someone. Sometimes seeking help from others is tough, but necessary. If you really don't want to, maybe start going out and doing more, or hanging out with friends, or working on a project, or doing hard work in general. A lot of time activity will help, especially if it's very enjoyable to you.
__________________
Signature removed by staff. You must have 50 posts in order to provide a link in your signature.
Monkeyboy309 is offline  
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
Advertisement
 
Advertisement
Friends & Partners



Old 02-06-2013, 05:21 PM   #3
Super VIP Member


 
Mrs. Butterworth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 12,814
Money: 2,162,209,505




Mrs. Butterworth has a reputation beyond reputeMrs. Butterworth has a reputation beyond reputeMrs. Butterworth has a reputation beyond reputeMrs. Butterworth has a reputation beyond repute
Mrs. Butterworth has a reputation beyond reputeMrs. Butterworth has a reputation beyond reputeMrs. Butterworth has a reputation beyond reputeMrs. Butterworth has a reputation beyond reputeMrs. Butterworth has a reputation beyond reputeMrs. Butterworth has a reputation beyond reputeMrs. Butterworth has a reputation beyond reputeMrs. Butterworth has a reputation beyond reputeMrs. Butterworth has a reputation beyond reputeMrs. Butterworth has a reputation beyond reputeMrs. Butterworth has a reputation beyond reputeMrs. Butterworth has a reputation beyond reputeMrs. Butterworth has a reputation beyond reputeMrs. Butterworth has a reputation beyond reputeMrs. Butterworth has a reputation beyond reputeMrs. Butterworth has a reputation beyond reputeMrs. Butterworth has a reputation beyond reputeMrs. Butterworth has a reputation beyond reputeMrs. Butterworth has a reputation beyond reputeMrs. Butterworth has a reputation beyond reputeMrs. Butterworth has a reputation beyond reputeMrs. Butterworth has a reputation beyond repute




Re: Need help with my depression. i think im crazy.

Are you emancipated? Who are you staying with?
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob
[10:15 PM] rob: cookie i'll make you crumble if you keep bothering me
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanner
[20:30] chubbychaser: "you jelly?" no i'm toast bitch gtfo
Quote:
Originally Posted by ANTI CONDOM View Post
Do you kids smelllllllalalalalalalalala what MRS. BUTTERSWORTH is cooking? Hee Hee!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blordan on Tinychat
[14:21] theheroicone: no worry kiddies, as long as you have a good heart you're fine
[14:21] theheroicone: unless you're person 144,001
Mrs. Butterworth is offline  
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 08:24 PM   #4
New Member



 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 14
Money: 466
Last Online: 07-15-2013 05:09 PM


My Mood:


notordinaryteen.com is on a distinguished road




Re: Need help with my depression. i think im crazy.

Dear friend,

Depression is not easy at all...We know what you mean as many of us have been there...
Let us first congratulate you for your courage to share your fears and problems with us and ask for help. This is a very important step in your healing, as it shows that you are aware of your problem and not afraid to look for a solution. You're a brave young man! Great!
On the other side, let us tell you that, apart from death, every problem has a solution in this life...and you deserve a wonderful life, trust us! All you have to do is make some few little adjustments in the way you're living now and you'll see a real improvement soon.
First, we dare to suggest you to stop living alone...I know, parents may be annoying sometimes, but they love you and can support you whenever you ask for their help. Your depression is their pain, as well, and we're sure that they'll do their best to help you. Just try to be more patient with them, listen to their opinions and talk openly with them. Communication doesn't mean yelling at each other, but exchanging ideas, words, calmly and patiently...Strong and inspirational people do that frequently and this is the way they have changed the world!
Secondly, try to find something good to do in your spare time...People of your age have so many passions and this is the best time to follow them. What do you like to do the most? Are you a good athlete? A painter? Do you like writing? Dancing?Craftsmanship? Follow your passion and BE THE BEST, as that will be the way in which you can talk to the rest of the world. Don't be shy, don't think about people's reactions...just follow your dreams and become that incredible person you can be!
At the same time, don't neglect your friends...you have many things in common. Go for a walk, to a movie or an art exhibition...Just be among them, as their presence will help you a lot. Even if you feel moody or depressed, try to be with them...soon, you'll feel much better and more confident!
Let us know about how you feel...We're here and we care about you! Don't let pain control your life! You're young, strong and you deserve a wonderful life!
Looking for hearing from you!
notordinaryteen.com is offline  
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 09:06 PM   #5
New Member



 
Name: Joanna
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 13
Money: 306
Last Online: 02-13-2013 05:54 PM


My Mood:


Joannek has a spectacular aura aboutJoannek has a spectacular aura about




Re: Need help with my depression. i think im crazy.

You are young and strong man so you shoudn't thing about suicide. I know, sometimes it seem to be only solution, but never it is.
I think you should look for help from a proffesional, psychologist.
Joannek is offline  
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 04:33 AM   #6
Member



 
Zantos's Avatar
 
Name: Cooper
Gender: Male
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Tracy California
Posts: 251
Money: 9,215
Last Online: 02-08-2013 11:42 PM


My Mood:


Zantos is a glorious beacon of lightZantos is a glorious beacon of lightZantos is a glorious beacon of lightZantos is a glorious beacon of light




Re: Need help with my depression. i think im crazy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by notordinaryteen.com View Post
Dear friend,

Depression is not easy at all...We know what you mean as many of us have been there...
Let us first congratulate you for your courage to share your fears and problems with us and ask for help. This is a very important step in your healing, as it shows that you are aware of your problem and not afraid to look for a solution. You're a brave young man! Great!
On the other side, let us tell you that, apart from death, every problem has a solution in this life...and you deserve a wonderful life, trust us! All you have to do is make some few little adjustments in the way you're living now and you'll see a real improvement soon.
First, we dare to suggest you to stop living alone...I know, parents may be annoying sometimes, but they love you and can support you whenever you ask for their help. Your depression is their pain, as well, and we're sure that they'll do their best to help you. Just try to be more patient with them, listen to their opinions and talk openly with them. Communication doesn't mean yelling at each other, but exchanging ideas, words, calmly and patiently...Strong and inspirational people do that frequently and this is the way they have changed the world!
Seco,...
Yada yada yada. you gave me the most stupid advice ive ever gotten from TH...
Jfs.

Ive been on my own for about a year now. As i said. my parents are not an option. Im also not emancipated. (need to have a job, and my own place)


ill reply more. i gtg.
Zantos is offline  
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 04:41 AM   #7
Super Senior Member



 
Eminemaniac's Avatar
 
Name: Lola
Gender: Female
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Where you least expect
Posts: 1,106
Money: 29,297
Last Online: 03-10-2013 03:16 PM


My Mood:


Eminemaniac has a reputation beyond reputeEminemaniac has a reputation beyond reputeEminemaniac has a reputation beyond reputeEminemaniac has a reputation beyond reputeEminemaniac has a reputation beyond reputeEminemaniac has a reputation beyond reputeEminemaniac has a reputation beyond reputeEminemaniac has a reputation beyond reputeEminemaniac has a reputation beyond reputeEminemaniac has a reputation beyond reputeEminemaniac has a reputation beyond reputeEminemaniac has a reputation beyond reputeEminemaniac has a reputation beyond repute




Re: Need help with my depression. i think im crazy.

I feel like you're aware of the symptoms of your depression, but not the cause (at least, that's going on the information you've given us). I think that learning to understand why you feel the way you do will be a milestone in figuring out how to move forward. Whether you want to try and discuss this with one of us on here or with a counsellor is totally up to you, but either way I think it could help. I'm certainly here to advise as best I can.

Might I suggest also that you do get a job? I think the responsibility will give you a sense of purpose and it will fill your time, as I know a lot of depressed people feel a great sense of boredom.

Last edited by Eminemaniac; 02-08-2013 at 04:42 AM..
Eminemaniac is offline  
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 10:42 AM   #8
Super VIP Member


 
Mrs. Butterworth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 12,814
Money: 2,162,209,505




Mrs. Butterworth has a reputation beyond reputeMrs. Butterworth has a reputation beyond reputeMrs. Butterworth has a reputation beyond reputeMrs. Butterworth has a reputation beyond repute
Mrs. Butterworth has a reputation beyond reputeMrs. Butterworth has a reputation beyond reputeMrs. Butterworth has a reputation beyond reputeMrs. Butterworth has a reputation beyond reputeMrs. Butterworth has a reputation beyond reputeMrs. Butterworth has a reputation beyond reputeMrs. Butterworth has a reputation beyond reputeMrs. Butterworth has a reputation beyond reputeMrs. Butterworth has a reputation beyond reputeMrs. Butterworth has a reputation beyond reputeMrs. Butterworth has a reputation beyond reputeMrs. Butterworth has a reputation beyond reputeMrs. Butterworth has a reputation beyond reputeMrs. Butterworth has a reputation beyond reputeMrs. Butterworth has a reputation beyond reputeMrs. Butterworth has a reputation beyond reputeMrs. Butterworth has a reputation beyond reputeMrs. Butterworth has a reputation beyond reputeMrs. Butterworth has a reputation beyond reputeMrs. Butterworth has a reputation beyond reputeMrs. Butterworth has a reputation beyond reputeMrs. Butterworth has a reputation beyond repute




Re: Need help with my depression. i think im crazy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
Yada yada yada. you gave me the most stupid advice ive ever gotten from TH...
Jfs.

Ive been on my own for about a year now. As i said. my parents are not an option. Im also not emancipated. (need to have a job, and my own place)


ill reply more. i gtg.
It's just a stupid spambot trying to advertise its lame website. They need to just give it up.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob
[10:15 PM] rob: cookie i'll make you crumble if you keep bothering me
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanner
[20:30] chubbychaser: "you jelly?" no i'm toast bitch gtfo
Quote:
Originally Posted by ANTI CONDOM View Post
Do you kids smelllllllalalalalalalalala what MRS. BUTTERSWORTH is cooking? Hee Hee!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blordan on Tinychat
[14:21] theheroicone: no worry kiddies, as long as you have a good heart you're fine
[14:21] theheroicone: unless you're person 144,001
Mrs. Butterworth is offline  
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 07:44 AM   #9
Member



 
laney's Avatar
 
Name: Laney
Gender: Female
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 309
Money: 5,440
Last Online: 06-09-2014 04:42 AM




laney is a glorious beacon of lightlaney is a glorious beacon of lightlaney is a glorious beacon of lightlaney is a glorious beacon of light




Re: Need help with my depression. i think im crazy.

I know where you are at I was 16 working from 3pm-12pm everyday while going to school. My dad bitched when I cut my hours so I could get my grades up and when I went and uncut my hours he bitched that my grades were sufforing. He told me multiple times that I would be better off just becoming a hooker bc I was to stupid to get good grades. I got to the point where I started cutting and planning on how to kill myself it happened daily. I almost did commit suicide but my brother walked in right as I was about to do it we didn't have locks on the doors. About 5 months into me cutting myself I finally showed my dad what I was doing to myself I begged him to let me get help that I needed help because I was 16 and wanted to die more than anything else. He said it was a phase and brushed it off... I went to friends their parents etc... Nobody listened they just thought I was doing it for attention. Honestly when I started smoking weed is when I started to feel better about things. It took me 3 years to quit cutting and what helped was I pretty much said fuck you to everybody that I cared about and decided that if they didn't give a fuck about me that I wouldn't give a fuck about them and I did what I wanted to do and etc... It's taken a lot of time to get where I am today but if your family and friends aren't listening Fuck them and find people who will actually give a shit. that is what honestly helped me.
laney is offline  
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 10:07 AM   #10
Junior Member



 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 141
Money: 514
Last Online: 04-19-2013 06:50 PM




nightlife138 is infamous around these partsnightlife138 is infamous around these parts




Re: Need help with my depression. i think im crazy.

Dale Carnegie has a great book called
'How to Stop Worrying and Start Living'
You'll probably defeat your depression after reading it. You could probably find the PDF of it online if you look just a little bit.
nightlife138 is offline  
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 08:46 PM   #11
Super VIP Member


 
Mrs. Butterworth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 12,814
Money: 2,162,209,505




Mrs. Butterworth has a reputation beyond reputeMrs. Butterworth has a reputation beyond reputeMrs. Butterworth has a reputation beyond reputeMrs. Butterworth has a reputation beyond repute
Mrs. Butterworth has a reputation beyond reputeMrs. Butterworth has a reputation beyond reputeMrs. Butterworth has a reputation beyond reputeMrs. Butterworth has a reputation beyond reputeMrs. Butterworth has a reputation beyond reputeMrs. Butterworth has a reputation beyond reputeMrs. Butterworth has a reputation beyond reputeMrs. Butterworth has a reputation beyond reputeMrs. Butterworth has a reputation beyond reputeMrs. Butterworth has a reputation beyond reputeMrs. Butterworth has a reputation beyond reputeMrs. Butterworth has a reputation beyond reputeMrs. Butterworth has a reputation beyond reputeMrs. Butterworth has a reputation beyond reputeMrs. Butterworth has a reputation beyond reputeMrs. Butterworth has a reputation beyond reputeMrs. Butterworth has a reputation beyond reputeMrs. Butterworth has a reputation beyond reputeMrs. Butterworth has a reputation beyond reputeMrs. Butterworth has a reputation beyond reputeMrs. Butterworth has a reputation beyond reputeMrs. Butterworth has a reputation beyond repute




Re: Need help with my depression. i think im crazy.

Hope everything's all right. He hasn't been on in a week.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob
[10:15 PM] rob: cookie i'll make you crumble if you keep bothering me
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanner
[20:30] chubbychaser: "you jelly?" no i'm toast bitch gtfo
Quote:
Originally Posted by ANTI CONDOM View Post
Do you kids smelllllllalalalalalalalala what MRS. BUTTERSWORTH is cooking? Hee Hee!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blordan on Tinychat
[14:21] theheroicone: no worry kiddies, as long as you have a good heart you're fine
[14:21] theheroicone: unless you're person 144,001
Mrs. Butterworth is offline  
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 02:53 AM   #12
New Member



 
sara17's Avatar
 
Name: Murdoc
Gender: Male
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 14
Money: 317
Last Online: 02-17-2013 11:37 PM




sara17 is on a distinguished road




Re: Need help with my depression. i think im crazy.

yeah friend depression kills every happy moment in your life, i've felt this before. sad for you.
__________________
Link(s) removed by staff member
A minimum of 50 posts is required before links (excluding TeenHut.net) may be posted in signatures. Please read the Forum Rules and Guidelines to prevent further action(s).
sara17 is offline  
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 08:54 PM   #13
New Member



 
Name: Becca
Gender: Female
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: US
Posts: 10
Money: 318
Last Online: 02-18-2013 02:25 PM


My Mood:


Miss Defiant is on a distinguished road




Exclamation Re: Need help with my depression. i think im crazy.

What you need to do is take a few deep breaths. You are not alone! We all have our issues, some worse than others. But keep smiling <3 I am here for you if you want to talk about anything

---------- Post added at 09:24 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:22 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by laney View Post
I know where you are at I was 16 working from 3pm-12pm everyday while going to school. My dad bitched when I cut my hours so I could get my grades up and when I went and uncut my hours he bitched that my grades were sufforing. He told me multiple times that I would be better off just becoming a hooker bc I was to stupid to get good grades. I got to the point where I started cutting and planning on how to kill myself it happened daily. I almost did commit suicide but my brother walked in right as I was about to do it we didn't have locks on the doors. About 5 months into me cutting myself I finally showed my dad what I was doing to myself I begged him to let me get help that I needed help because I was 16 and wanted to die more than anything else. He said it was a phase and brushed it off... I went to friends their parents etc... Nobody listened they just thought I was doing it for attention. Honestly when I started smoking weed is when I started to feel better about things. It took me 3 years to quit cutting and what helped was I pretty much said fuck you to everybody that I cared about and decided that if they didn't give a fuck about me that I wouldn't give a fuck about them and I did what I wanted to do and etc... It's taken a lot of time to get where I am today but if your family and friends aren't listening Fuck them and find people who will actually give a shit. that is what honestly helped me.
Laney, don't kill yourself. You are far more important to the people in your family. Who do you think it would effect if you were to go through this suicide? Everyone will be devastated. They might not act like they care now, but if you did this, think of how many people would be terribly upset at your funeral. please don't think so negatively of yourself. You are a beautiful bright young girl who deserves a second chance at happiness and self worth
Miss Defiant is offline  
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 12:53 PM   #14
Member



 
laney's Avatar
 
Name: Laney
Gender: Female
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 309
Money: 5,440
Last Online: 06-09-2014 04:42 AM




laney is a glorious beacon of lightlaney is a glorious beacon of lightlaney is a glorious beacon of lightlaney is a glorious beacon of light




Re: Need help with my depression. i think im crazy.

Don't worry I'm over it I'm 21 now and I have deff gotten better since than. It just takes time and motivation (: I hope the main post guy is okay. It sucks to be where he is at in life.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Defiant View Post
What you need to do is take a few deep breaths. You are not alone! We all have our issues, some worse than others. But keep smiling <3 I am here for you if you want to talk about anything

---------- Post added at 09:24 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:22 AM ----------


Laney, don't kill yourself. You are far more important to the people in your family. Who do you think it would effect if you were to go through this suicide? Everyone will be devastated. They might not act like they care now, but if you did this, think of how many people would be terribly upset at your funeral. please don't think so negatively of yourself. You are a beautiful bright young girl who deserves a second chance at happiness and self worth
laney is offline  
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 09:40 AM   #15
New Member



 
GaberFlasted's Avatar
 
Gender: Male
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Maryland
Posts: 10
Money: 273
Last Online: 10-05-2013 09:41 AM




GaberFlasted has a spectacular aura aboutGaberFlasted has a spectacular aura about




Re: Need help with my depression. i think im crazy.

Get a therapist friends are not always the right people to talk to.
GaberFlasted is offline  
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes


 
Friends and Partners



All times are GMT +6.5. The time now is 03:53 PM. Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2
vBCredits v1.4 Copyright ©2007 - 2008, PixelFX Studios
Ad Management by RedTyger