Hey! I'm a college student, and my assignment for this week involves teen reading habits. If you wouldn't mind, and you actually fall between the ages of 13 and 19, could you please answer the following questions in a reply to the thread? Thanks, and have fun!
1. Do you read outside of school? If yes, is it just reading for information, or do you read for fun? I read for fun
2. What kind of material do you read? What format? (Fiction, non-fiction, romance, graphic novels, magazines, e-books...) Magazines, fiction
3. What was the last book you read for fun? What was it about? Did you like it? How did you choose it? Little Brother. It's the story about the government going insane after a terrorist attack on a bridge. very interesting.
4. What was the last book you read for school? What was it about? Did you like it? Who assigned it? "the Bean Trees" by Barbara Kingsolver. my english teacher assigned it. i liked how there was plot action, it kept me entertained.
5. What kind of stories interest you? (Genre, or specific scenarios) fiction, Little brother type of thing
6. How do you classify yourself? (I was a loner/goth/indie teenager, for example.) idk
7. What's your favorite series? hunger games
8. What series is popular in your school right now? twilight, hunger games
9. Do you have your own collection of books or other reading material? What sort of stuff is in it? Do you buy your materials, or does someone else? Do you read print, or digitally?
10. Do you use the library? no
11. Do you do e-reading at all? What do you think of reading in that format, versus paper? i like the old fashioned version
12. What influences your reading? (Recommendations, reviews.) What sort of book covers do you like? friends, family, reviews. i like book covers that catch my attention