I Feel So Poor...

• I Feel So Poor...

So, I'm not exactly rich, and a lot of my friends are. My house is falling apart, I don't have internet [we borrow our church's laptop and use neighbors Wireless internet], or TV, and I have this one friend who is so spoiled.

In their house, they have 2 computers, {she had one and it was "slow" so she never used it, so her parents bought her an expensive laptop to make up for it} 3 really nice laptops, BIG screen tv and blue ray stuff, a Wii, Nintendo DS lite, XBOX 360, almost all the rockband games, 2 electric guitars, and an acoustic, a nice keyboard, and 16GB ipod, and a 20 some GB[or w/e it is] Ipod touch, and TONS of movies. And she gets all of this for *free*. She is so lazy and has never worked before. She basically tells them what she wants and she gets it

I work for grandparents catering business a lot, and the most expensive thing my mother has bought me is a PS2 back in like 2002, and I had to save up and buy my own DS and my own bass guitar, which are the most expensive stuff I own.

It's not fair cause all my friends have really really nice stuff, and I don't and they make me feel so poor. My mom works really hard to try and get money, and my dad doesn't even offer to help pay bills even though him and his new wife together make 4 times the amount of money my mom does. I FEEL SO POOR! :(
      *sigh* I just need to rant. Thanks for reading this :)
      [INDENT][CENTER][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC][/CENTER]
      [/INDENT]

Post was edited 1 time, last by Alixandroid ().

• Re: I Feel So Poor...

I grew up in a house like this and trust me it's better to do so in a few ways. When you get something, you treasure it and appreciate it more, even more so if you bought it yourself. When you get money you appreciate the value of money more so when you grow up you'll always be better with your money than some prissy rich kid who got everything handed to them. Your friends are in for a shock when they are 25 and wondering how the fuck people make money
      [CENTER]
      We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology.
      [/CENTER]

Yeah I know that, and I do feel happy that I have a semi functional house

But, it's still depressing when you're surrounded by richer people constantly :/

---------- Post added at 01:43 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:41 AM ----------

leviathan wrote:

I grew up in a house like this and trust me it's better to do so in a few ways. When you get something, you treasure it and appreciate it more, even more so if you bought it yourself. When you get money you appreciate the value of money more so when you grow up you'll always be better with your money than some prissy rich kid who got everything handed to them. Your friends are in for a shock when they are 25 and wondering how the fuck people make money

That's what my mother always tells me, and it is good to know for the future
      [/INDENT]

Post was edited 1 time, last by Alixandroid ().

Fondly pets your hair.

Don't worry, I agree with you. I don't much care for material items, my non-rent bill including food, internet, cable and all other expenses rarely tops $400 a month, however I dislike the inequality that is caused through the acquisition of capital. Most of the truly wealthy aren't even wealthy because they were good business or did something to contribute to society, merely because they made money off of other people's money. We really have no plausible reason why every person in the nation can't have a TV/Computer and a few things they can enjoy and cherish.

Anyways, that's all some other discussion. Just remember, if any bitch gives you lip about being less affluent than they are cunt punch them.
      Without sensibility no object would be given to us, without understanding no object would be thought. Thoughts without content are empty, intuitions without concepts are blind. ~Immanuel Kant, Critique of Pure Reason
      [CENTER]The greatest thing you'll ever learn
      Is just to Love
      And be Loved in return
      [/CENTER]

You're definitely not alone. It's not like I ever go without and I guess I do have some expensive items.. but I get how it's like "wow these people have so much STUFF". My house looks so insignificant and bad compared to some that I see. It's like...damn. My house is TINY it's so messed up how many people live here compared to the available space. My dad is too damn UGH to do anything about it. I'll stop now though because if I don't I'll just carry on about my Dad and his general "ugh"ness

Erika Jay wrote:

You're definitely not alone. It's not like I ever go without and I guess I do have some expensive items.. but I get how it's like "wow these people have so much STUFF". My house looks so insignificant and bad compared to some that I see. It's like...damn. My house is TINY it's so messed up how many people live here compared to the available space. My dad is too damn UGH to do anything about it. I'll stop now though because if I don't I'll just carry on about my Dad and his general "ugh"ness

Go ahead and rant if you want, I know I could about my dad. I don't even feel like he's a father to me anymore :/
      [/INDENT]

Oh and in case anyone cares to tell me that I don't understand my dad's finances or how hard he works I do. And what does he do with the money? He just paid 400$ for the phone bill because he constantly gets drunk/smokes (also a waste of money) and talks to his family from Guatemala. His family back there are such money grubbers (and yes I realize they are very poor over there), they spend his money or crap. His STEP sisters SON got money from my Dad for a motorcycle. What.The.Hell

---------- Post added at 01:50 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:49 AM ----------

Is that now messed up to you? Especially considering the state of this house. It's like a God damn crack house

I've been to Guatemala a couple of times for our church's mission trip, so when I get depressed, I try to think of them and think how lucky I am.
      And with your dad, I just don't understand how some people's minds work sometimes.

Our house is just falling apart. When my dad first left 5 years ago, our water tank broke, and it was too expensive to buy a new one. So, we went w/o running water in our house for *3 frikin years* [it works now]. We used to have electrical problems where our electric would just stop working [but it works now]. We need a new roof, and it leaks and our ceilings are all brown and stuff. We need a new floor in the living room, cause there dent thingies in it and when people come down they always make fun of it which is annoying.
      My dad did offer to pay some last year, and said he did, but when my mom when to do that taxy thingy where you get money back or w/e, we found out he didn't pay any of it and lied to us, so we didn't get money from the tax thing and we were gonna fix our roof this year, and now we can't
      ARGH!
      [/INDENT]

Your mother and leviathan are right, it's nice to know how to save and appreciate money instead of being in for a shock when you're older. I never had any fancy gadgets either when I was growing up, but I didn't really want them - there's more to life than nintendo and playstation and xbox (for me), anyway.

It amazes me how easily some of my friends spend money. They're not really spoiled but they buy so much stuff, or go out so often, I don't know how they do it without worrying about how they're going to get through school, etc. I guess it'd be handy if you can ask mommy and daddy for money whenever you run out, but unfortunately that's not the case for all of us!

I hope things get better for you. Just keep working hard! Maybe someday you'll have a job that allows you a little more luxury, but appreciate what you've got. :)

Scaredycrow wrote:

Your mother and leviathan are right, it's nice to know how to save and appreciate money instead of being in for a shock when you're older. I never had any fancy gadgets either when I was growing up, but I didn't really want them - there's more to life than nintendo and playstation and xbox (for me), anyway.

It amazes me how easily some of my friends spend money. They're not really spoiled but they buy so much stuff, or go out so often, I don't know how they do it without worrying about how they're going to get through school, etc. I guess it'd be handy if you can ask mommy and daddy for money whenever you run out, but unfortunately that's not the case for all of us!

I hope things get better for you. Just keep working hard! Maybe someday you'll have a job that allows you a little more luxury, but appreciate what you've got. :)

There's only a few material things that I would like to have, but the thing that bugs me is how some people are in their own fantasy world getting spoiled, while the others are in real life getting fucked
      [/INDENT]

It's just so frustrating to see him blow thousands of dollars on his "cows and plants" back in Guatemala. How does he even know what these people are doing with his money? He's delusional and whenever I question him about it he says it'll "be valuable to us when he dies". So will a nice house and actual money!
      And just to show how messed up my family is, my sister just got a new laptop that she and my dad split the cost 50/50. MEANWHILE our kitchen faucet has been broken for around a year now. It's insane trying to do dishes everyday, one wrong move and water is spraying you and the floor.

Erika Jay wrote:

It's just so frustrating to see him blow thousands of dollars on his "cows and plants" back in Guatemala. How does he even know what these people are doing with his money? He's delusional and whenever I question him about it he says it'll "be valuable to us when he dies". So will a nice house and actual money!
      And just to show how messed up my family is, my sister just got a new laptop that she and my dad split the cost 50/50. MEANWHILE our kitchen faucet has been broken for around a year now. It's insane trying to do dishes everyday, one wrong move and water is spraying you and the floor.

People just need to get their priorities in order. :mad:
      [/INDENT]

What exactly is your dream? And yeah same situation, my mom has way less money than my Dad and she spends way more on us then he does. Taking us out when we see her, buying the occasional thing or two..
      All my Dad buys are what he ABSOLUTELY has too, like school supplies, groceries, aaaand...that's it, he doesn't even give us money for clothes, and guess who does? My mom

zani95 wrote:

I wanna quit school and move away from here, peruse my dream, so I can forget everything and start over. And also so that my mom would have enough money, but I know I wouldn't make it, and I would end up coming home

This is a bit blunt and people tend to dislike hearing things along this line, however if you earnestly want a "free ride" away to pursue something you have a reasonable path on than you always have an option as a female. There are plenty of males in this world who would have absolutely no problem taking a female in and paying for her allowing her to seek the future she wants so long as she gave him what he wanted. The body is a powerful tool and should be used to its advantage by those of both genders, some shy away from using it sexually to their advantage but all they're doing is closing a door on their possibilities.
      Without sensibility no object would be given to us, without understanding no object would be thought. Thoughts without content are empty, intuitions without concepts are blind. ~Immanuel Kant, Critique of Pure Reason
      Is just to Love
      And be Loved in return
      [/CENTER]

Erika Jay wrote:

I find what you just said extremely amusing for some reason, and no I'm not making fun of you

It was the free ride pun wasn't it? I amused myself when I reread it and noticed it.
      Is just to Love
      And be Loved in return
      [/CENTER]