I can't load a webpage on Firefox

• Re: I can't load a webpage on Firefox

Are you sure it wasn't your internet at that current time? I know my internet messes up for like a second and then it takes a while to become fully functional again. If that wasn't the case, then it could be one of two things: Firefox or your computer. Sometimes if you've have your computer on too long and it gets too hot its functions slow down and it won't load stuff. If all else fails, try another browser like DamnImGood said.
    • Re: I can't load a webpage on Firefox

DamnImGood wrote:

This only occurs with Firefox? Have you tried an alternative browser?
      This. =]

Dreamer23 wrote:

Are you sure it wasn't your internet at that current time? I know my internet messes up for like a second and then it takes a while to become fully functional again. If that wasn't the case, then it could be one of two things: Firefox or your computer. Sometimes if you've have your computer on too long and it gets too hot its functions slow down and it won't load stuff.
      That's bad dude, that just proves you punish your computer. ='[ Very poor condition computer = failure permanently!

Magikarp wrote:

Check firefox's current proxy settings in tools->options -> advanced -> Connection - settings.
      This.

If using another browser does allow internet connectivity, and the proxy settings are empty (or set to the correct proxies - I serious don't know a home user using them) then Firefox is most likely acting like a baby. I'd firstly download their latest version if you haven't done so already: Firefox web browser | Faster, more secure, & customizable | Mozilla Europe

If you already have it, or it still does not fix the problem this one will (should any way.) If you have any bookmarks, saved passwords, etc you want to save I recommend doing it now because I'm positive this method will remove them. If you don't know how, then I'll just mention it now.

Saving bookmarks:

• Bookmarks > Organise bookmarks > Import and Backup > Backup

Then just chose a save point to save the JSON file, restoring them is pretty much the same, instead of Backup it is restore and its easier to browse for the JSON file rather than use a predefined date that it shows.

As for saving passwords, if you save them you need to get this add-on: addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/2848/

Very handy tool, and I only found out a few months ago it can actually restore passwords too; when I first found it the owner said it shows the restore feature but it never worked.. Does now though. Anyway, to save the passwords from Firefox (Once you have installed the add-on):

• Tools > Options > Security > Import/Export Passwords > Export Passwords > I accept > Find a save location

Okay, once you've done all that uninstall Firefox through the Add/Remove programs. (Start > Control panel > Add/Remove)

(Make sure you show hidden folders before proceeding, just open a Windows Explorer window, like "My Computer" press 'Alt', so the menu at the top appears)

• Tools > Folder Options > View > (Check) "Show hidden files, folders and drives"

Once Firefox is removed you will need to find this file locations and deleted any "Mozilla" files. Mozilla files only. (Based from Windows 7)
      • My Computer > Local Disk (C:) > Program Files > (Delete Mozilla Folder)
      • My Computer > Local Disk (C:) > Users > YourProfile > AppData > Local > (Delete Mozilla Folder)
      • My Computer > Local Disk (C:) > Users > YourProfile > AppData > Roaming > (Delete Mozilla Folder)

Reinstall Firefox, that should fix any errors it had preventing you from connecting.