Help me out here.

• Help me out here.

I have an interview for an internship for a designer here in Chicago. I don't even know how I got called for the interview because my cousin's mother applied on a whim and I don't really have credentials when it comes to anything in fashion. But since this summer is ridiculously boring and this would be nice experience I'm going to give it a shot.

(The internship will probably just be me running around doing errands, I'm assuming, haha - which, though depressing, wouldn't be so bad, I hope)

What I need help with is what to wear for the interview/make a good impression because I pretty much suck at these things (casual vs. formal). My friend and I put together some stuff but I'm confused with which of these 3. Should I wear:

?

Or something completely different?
    • Re: Help me out here.

Number 2 is like the most adorable outfit ever. I want it! ha :P
      It sounds good though :D maybe if you make a good impression with the internship they will offer you a job in the future... I'd kill for an internship, well after university anyway.
      Good luck with the interview :).
      [CENTER][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC][/CENTER]

[CENTER][SIZE="4"]<3[/SIZE][/CENTER]

I absolutely love the first one! :p

The second one might be the best for an interview though, but they're all really nice :)

What kind of designer is it?
      [CENTER][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Aannddyy on msn wrote:

hye, i jstu red ur post in the dibates and diskushon bord lol
      [CENTER]
      [/CENTER]

DamnImGood;1062835947 wrote:

I'm definitely an idiot.

[/CENTER]

The second is certainly the best business attire.

Though I'm not too sure how an internship interview differs from a job interview I'd suggest you practice answering certain questions. "Why should we hire you?", "What is your greatest weakness? _(make it sound something positive like your obsessive compulsive to finishing tasks)_", "What are your hobbies?", "Why do you want this job?", you'll find that these are very common questions in workplace environment and they're to judge your work ethic and your sociability. Remember, the interview starts the moment they lay eyes on you and a good first impression is a must. I have a friend who works with a professional interviewing company and they say that often times the interview is decided in the first 5 seconds.
      Without sensibility no object would be given to us, without understanding no object would be thought. Thoughts without content are empty, intuitions without concepts are blind. ~Immanuel Kant, Critique of Pure Reason
      [CENTER]The greatest thing you'll ever learn
      Is just to Love
      And be Loved in return
      [/CENTER]

DeaExMachina wrote:

The second is certainly the best business attire.

Though I'm not too sure how an internship interview differs from a job interview I'd suggest you practice answering certain questions. "Why should we hire you?", "What is your greatest weakness? _(make it sound something positive like your obsessive compulsive to finishing tasks)_", "What are your hobbies?", "Why do you want this job?", you'll find that these are very common questions in workplace environment and they're to judge your work ethic and your sociability. Remember, the interview starts the moment they lay eyes on you and a good first impression is a must. I have a friend who works with a professional interviewing company and they say that often times the interview is decided in the first 5 seconds.

Thank you so much - you have no idea how much this helps! I'm kind of socially incapable sometimes and altogether awkward - I need to figure out a more decent way to present myself, I think. More confident, etc.

Thank you, again. :)

Admiral Ackbar wrote:

I absolutely love the first one! :p

The second one might be the best for an interview though, but they're all really nice :)

What kind of designer is it?

Aw, thanks, that's really sweet! I'm glad you like the first one, it's kind of ridiculous though haha.

She's a wedding dress designer, I'm pretty sure. From what I've figured out from various friends of employees through my aunt/previous interns, the internship consists of a whole lot of office work.

:)

Dystroxia wrote:

Aw, thanks, that's really sweet! I'm glad you like the first one, it's kind of ridiculous though haha.

She's a wedding dress designer, I'm pretty sure. From what I've figured out from various friends of employees through my aunt/previous interns, the internship consists of a whole lot of office work.

:)

Ah right, then stick with the second one :p You can get a lot of eccentric arty designers too, and they might like the first one :p Wedding dress designer would probably be more impressed with the more formal outfit.

And hopefully the office work wont be too bad :p I'd say it'll still be a fun place to work.
      [CENTER][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Aannddyy on msn wrote:

hye, i jstu red ur post in the dibates and diskushon bord lol
      [CENTER]
      [/CENTER]

DamnImGood;1062835947 wrote:

I'm definitely an idiot.

[/CENTER]

Admiral Ackbar wrote:

Ah right, then stick with the second one :p You can get a lot of eccentric arty designers too, and they might like the first one :p Wedding dress designer would probably be more impressed with the more formal outfit.

And hopefully the office work wont be too bad :p I'd say it'll still be a fun place to work.

That would be pretty cool but I don't know if fashion is something I want to pursue in the future. An eccentric designer would probably scoff at my idea of comfortable with that picture number one, haha.

Yeah, this summer is a huge bore, I'm looking forward to like stressed out brides throwing huge tantrums at their fittings and all that fun stuff, haha. Even though I'll probably just being doing paperwork and taking calls, something amusing has to come out of it, I hope!

Lol, yeah the second is definately the cutest, but why is the first one out of the question?, I think its quite good, but then again I'm a complete idior when it comes to fashion :p
      "And This'll be the first time in a week,
      That I talk to you and I can't speak,
      It's been three whole days since I had sleep,
      'Cos I dream of his lips on your cheek"