When should i start?!

• When should i start?!

I wasn't sure if this fit in this category or not..

Anyways, I started my period a couple of months ago, and I have been using just pads. How old should i be before i use a tampon or does it matter? I am going into grade 8 right now. Thanks so much! :) :confused:
      [SIZE=3]Impossible is nothing, so reach for the stars...and never stop.[/SIZE]
    • Re: When should i start?!

Now or never are both appropriate. Tampons and pads are just two different ways of doing the same thing, most females I know prefer tampons to pads but there are those who prefer pads. It is really just an opinion thing, like how coke is way better than pepsi.
      Without sensibility no object would be given to us, without understanding no object would be thought. Thoughts without content are empty, intuitions without concepts are blind. ~Immanuel Kant, Critique of Pure Reason
      [CENTER]The greatest thing you'll ever learn
      Is just to Love
      And be Loved in return
      [/CENTER]

DeaExMachina wrote:

Now or never are both appropriate. Tampons and pads are just two different ways of doing the same thing, most females I know prefer tampons to pads but there are those who prefer pads. It is really just an opinion thing, like how coke is way better than pepsi.

Thanks :D Pads are like walking with cardboard between your legs and most girls i know would also prefer tampons. I just wasn't sure if i was to young or not. Annd, thought I'd let you know, pepsi's better;)

Epitomy of Stupid wrote:

Tampons also come in handy if the bleeding is heavy. But ultimately it's your choice, and theres no right or wrong age to start using them.

I was planning on going to the beach and I should be having it when I am at the beach, so I was just making sure it wasn't a bad thing to start when i am this young. :) Thanks soo mnuch!

It doesn't really matter what age you are :rolleyes:

I started when I was in 7th grade, and my mom made me use pads and I hate them! I asked my mom over and over if I could use tampons, but she kept saying "No, I think the whole concept of them is weird, so you can't use them." {My mother is a very controlive and weird person} And just last month, I finally convinced her to let me use them, and I'm going into the 10th. lol
      [INDENT][CENTER][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC][/CENTER]
      [/INDENT]

zani95 wrote:

It doesn't really matter what age you are :rolleyes:

I started when I was in 7th grade, and my mom made me use pads and I hate them! I asked my mom over and over if I could use tampons, but she kept saying "No, I think the whole concept of them is weird, so you can't use them." {My mother is a very controlive and weird person} And just last month, I finally convinced her to let me use them, and I'm going into the 10th. lol

Yeah, pads are horrid. =P

My friend started in 6th grade and she is a competitive swimmer. She needed to wear tampons for big competitions..but she was afraid of Toxic Shock Syndrome, her mom was telling her to use them, and saying they were great to use and very safe and so on.

And my other friend, her mom was the complete opposite, but she went behind her mom's back and bought some anyways. She bought the most expensive brand, and her mom found out. She talked about it with her mom, and her mom taught her to shop for better prices :p

I don't want to have to sit out from having fun in the river with my friends and stuff, so i'll try one. Thanks! :D

I love pads, actually. Bad memories with tampons. My mom would buy a crappy brand, and I wouldn't know how to remove a piece of cardboard around the tampon. So I just left it in there :s not good.

But there's no age limit. I know a bunch more girls perfer tampons. All I have to say is make sure the size fits, or else you'll be bleeding and leaking everywhere. (Once again, bad memories...)

Krasseevaya wrote:

I love pads, actually. Bad memories with tampons. My mom would buy a crappy brand, and I wouldn't know how to remove a piece of cardboard around the tampon. So I just left it in there :s not good.

But there's no age limit. I know a bunch more girls perfer tampons. All I have to say is make sure the size fits, or else you'll be bleeding and leaking everywhere. (Once again, bad memories...)

My sisters use plastic ones that are 'playtex sport'. I think that cardboard ones would hurt.. But thanks anyways :D

Well, whenever you're ready to use tampons is when the best time for you is. Pads are more cleaner to use and it's easier to remember, while the risk for using tampons is that if you leave it in there for a certain amount of time - you will get an infection, but that just means that you have to keep track of how long you have kept the tampon in.
      [CENTER]You bitches are beautiful. :hugs:[/CENTER]

You question has been answered, but I thought I should add that you might consider wearing a liner until you get used to knowing when you have to change the tampon, etc. I agree they're way better than pads. D:

There's also menstrual cups, I've never used them but I know some people like them. They're said to be more reliable, and you can leave them in for longer.

Scaredycrow wrote:

You question has been answered, but I thought I should add that you might consider wearing a liner until you get used to knowing when you have to change the tampon, etc. I agree they're way better than pads. D:

There's also menstrual cups, I've never used them but I know some people like them. They're said to be more reliable, and you can leave them in for longer.

Most people I have asked prefer tampons more also. :P How do you keep track when you have to change the tampon and such?

It depends. Do you usually have heavy periods or light? If it's heavy, you'd want to change it every two to three hours. If it's light, no more than four or five hours.

And yeah, the benefit of using a tampon is that you can do much more activity which is why many females prefer a tampon. I use pads, because of my personal preference, though :)
      [CENTER]You bitches are beautiful. :hugs:[/CENTER]

I use to wear pads, but after the first time I wore a tampon, I NEVER wanted to wear a pad a again! I agree with armyforthebroken, about wearing a liner when you first start using tampons until you get use to it...

I use cardboard applicators, because the plastic ones are uncomfortable to insert, for me.
      xO, Whitney

03.29.10 :D