"OMG! You look like your brother/sister!!"

• "OMG! You look like your brother/sister!!"

I know that my brother isnt an attractive guy.
      But I keep getting compared in looks to him and it just really f**ks me off.
      Like I build up self-confidence thinking that I dont look so bad after all, then someone says that i look like my brother and I just lose all that self confidence...
    • Re: "OMG! You look like your brother/sister!!"

People say I look like my sister. Umm, no. I don't. You may just have a quality that he has, like his chin or his nose. It doesn't necessarily mean you look EXACTLY like him. People might look at you and see some part of you that resembles your brother, and then picture the rest of you as him, when you really don't look all that like him except for one thing.
      The question is, do you think you look like him?
      Don't listen to other people. Their minds see things different from what they really are. And if one person hears someone else say it, they are even more likely to agree, because their minds are already convinced you look like your brother.

I learned a lot about this kind of stuff in a police class, so no I'm not BSing you with this. Things like this happen quite often. So don't let it bring you down.
      [LEFT][SIZE=2]"Adapt and Overcome"[/SIZE][/LEFT]
      [RIGHT]"Funny how the truth sounds so cliche"[/RIGHT]
      [RIGHT]~Jack Ingram[/RIGHT]
      [CENTER]
      [SIZE=1][/SIZE][/CENTER]

People tell me all the time I look like certain members of my family, but I always call bullshit and inform them of how my brother and I are both adopted from different families.

Don't sweat it.
      [CENTER][SIZE=2] [/SIZE][SIZE=2]Shonna[/SIZE][SIZE=2]| 21 years old | Ontario, Canada | Private Investigator
      Kraft Photography[/SIZE]
      [/CENTER]

me and my brother look so much alike, his friends call me Matt b, and they him Whit B. ha I thought it was annoying at first but we are both attractive, and it doesnt bother me. I am 19 and he is 17. ha

But try to just brush it off, you and your brother probably have similar qualities!
      xO, Whitney

03.29.10 :D

The post was edited 1 time, last by bauer1213 ().

SomethingTerminal wrote:

I know that my brother isnt an attractive guy.
      But I keep getting compared in looks to him and it just really f**ks me off.
      Like I build up self-confidence thinking that I dont look so bad after all, then someone says that i look like my brother and I just lose all that self confidence...

You're related, you're going to look like your brother somewhat. People arn't saying: You're as attractive as your brother!, they're saying, you two look related! Looking related doesn't mean you look as unattractive as you deem him to be.
      [CENTER][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] [/CENTER]

Fortunately I don't look like my brother. However my friend once said our voices are alike. Thankfully he's still a kid and his voice sounds a little bit girly. :) People tell me I look like my aunt an that's kinda true. Our faces are quite similiar.

Being told you look like a close relative. Most of the time, when someone says that, they do not mean that you literally look like them. They usually mean that you have features such as a bigger bottom lip or similar-looking noses, maybe the same high cheek bones.

I look nothing like my sister body-wise, I am a chubby little thing and she hasn't weighed more or less than 110 pounds since she reached it in the first placed. However, just looking at our faces, it is easy to tell that we are related. We have the same eye shape and bone structure.

Just remember that it is not a bad thing!
      [SIZE=4]~Jen[/SIZE] :hugs:

Naweh it don't mean you actually look like them. Peoples' brains detect and compare similarities, so you might have one or two slight features that you share with your brother, liiiike, I dunno, a similar nose, eyes, ears - usually something on the face. Seriously dude, it don't mean you look alike. Don't worry about it :) It's just human nature to spot the little similarities. They wouldn't concentrate on attractiveness or neatness. Don't worry! :)

Huggles from Anna :)
      [FONT="Book Antiqua"][COLOR="Purple"][CENTER][I]
      Heaven hath no rage like love to hatred turned,
      Nor Hell a fury like a woman scorned.
      [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
      [/CENTER][/COLOR][/FONT][/I]