Is Being Possessive In Relationship Good?

• Is Being Possessive In Relationship Good?

Possessive nature in Relationship 12
        Yes (2) 17%
        No (10) 83%
      I totally disagree.

I believe that being possessive is the worst thing in a relationship. It appears to me as there is no trust in relationship and anyway, being possessive towards your partner is not good because, it can lead to a lot of problems later on.

I have seen a lot of couples having problems with such kind of situations.

And worse, I have experianced with someone when I had no intentions of such kind.

I used to talk to a girl a lot, treated her like my very good friend, she was 2 years older. And her bf asked her to stop talking to me thinking I am after her (oh fuck, give me a break) and i lost a friend.

Please give away your views.

Sometimes people can mistake there partners being possessive as being protective. Its good when your partners protective of you to a point for then you feel kind of this safety zone but when they start getting possessive that safety starts to fade. It becomes a un-healthy relationship when there possessive, but most do not realize it until its to late & then are to sacred to leave.

[!--sizeo:1--][span style=\"font-size:8pt;line-height:100%\"][!--/sizeo--][!--coloro:#000000--][span style=\"color:#000000\"][!--/coloro--][div align=\"center\"]"I'm as Simple as They Come And More Complex Then You Think"[/div][!--colorc--][/span][!--/colorc--][!--sizec--][/span][!--/sizec--]

I wish "maybe" would have been an option. My experience has been that being possessive is generally bad and should be avoided. But on the flip side some people will think that you don't really like them unless you show some level of possesiveness. So I guess in the end it's about striking that healthy balance with who ever you're with.
    • Re: Is Being Possessive In Relationship Good?

Buttons wrote:

I like having freedom in a relationship. I know some girls who have to ask 'permission' to do things. You shouldn't be owned by your partner, you should be able to do what you wish.

Absolutely. But sometimes it might be the case when your partner is saying something really you should listen just for the relationship.
      Be free in relationship and also in limits ;)

AWhisperOnTheWingsOfNight wrote:

Sometimes people can mistake there partners being possessive as being protective. Its good when your partners protective of you to a point for then you feel kind of this safety zone but when they start getting possessive that safety starts to fade. It becomes a un-healthy relationship when there possessive, but most do not realize it until its to late & then are to sacred to leave.

Agreed - no other way to truly explain it.
      [FONT="Palatino Linotype"][SIZE="1"][COLOR="Red"]Jahmie Leigh [/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

I think things should be talked about but one person should never run the relationship. It should be a two person thing. I see a lot of relationships go bad because of jealous and someone is always thinking they have to be dominant, so it messes up the relationship. I would post abotu experences, but I've never really been controlled in my relationship. That shit don't work with me. :]
      [CENTER] [/CENTER]

I was in a really bad relationship where he was abusive and possessive. He would tell me I looked like a slut if I wore skirts to school and would ask who I was trying to impress. It was bad. I couldnt do anything with out telling him first. He didnt even like me hanging out with me friends. There were certain friends he didnt even want me talking to because he didnt like them.

I hated it. I cried myself to sleep every night because I wanted out. But I couldnt because he threatened to kill himself if we ever broke up.

Finally the police broke us up.

I'm kinda' in charge of my relationship, (I'm 13, GF's 15) because that's the way she wants it. She and I love eachother soooo much, we won't even let eachother buy anything for the other one. If one of my friends ask me to comeover, the first thing I do is ask my GF, and she says it's okay all the time, but I tell her it's not because she really doesn't want me to go, and I know it, but she makes me go because she wants me to enjoy things other than our relationship.

Aen wrote:

I'm kinda' in charge of my relationship, (I'm 13, GF's 15) because that's the way she wants it. She and I love eachother soooo much, we won't even let eachother buy anything for the other one. If one of my friends ask me to comeover, the first thing I do is ask my GF, and she says it's okay all the time, but I tell her it's not because she really doesn't want me to go, and I know it, but she makes me go because she wants me to enjoy things other than our relationship.

You both dont know how to be a boyfriend or a girlfriend, in my opinion.
      You should not have to ask to go do something with your friends, she isnt your mom.
      But if your happy, then so be it.

Being possessive in a relationship is definetely not a good thing. I know this because some of the guys my mom has dated were VERY possessive, and none of those relationships worked out, she was constantly unhappy. I think posessiveness is a lack of trust, and there is no relationship if there is no trust. Trust is a key thing in a relationship.

My friend keeps asking me about everyone I talk to and for screenshots of my buddy list. It's creepy. :[

If a boyfriend/girlfriend did that, I would murder them. ^^
      She kept lookin' at her watch (Doesn't matter; had sex)
      But I cried the whole time (Doesn't matter; had sex)
      I think she might've been a racist (Doesn't matter; had sex)
      She put a bag on my head (Still counts)