How To Get To Heaven When You Die

• Re: How To Get To Heaven When You Die

xfrodobagginsx wrote:

Please take the time to read this first post and pray that prayer to God at the bottom of it if you haven't yet.

---------- Post added at 01:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:27 PM ----------

The bible says that you can only get their by placing your trust in Jesus Christ as your Lord and Savior.

Cool story bro, I personally think jesus was a pretty cool dude, and your misrepresenting him
    [CENTER][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

[/CENTER]

It is crazy that this garbage still plagues the minds of this world and is passed down almost 2000 years after Constantine and the corrupt council of Nicaea made that "prayer" into a dogma. Just seems to me like a way to avoid the present and rely on hope for the future, which doesn't make any sense, because the present is all we are ever conscious of.

xfrodobagginsx wrote:

Please take the time to read this first post and pray that prayer to God at the bottom of it if you haven't yet.

---------- Post added at 01:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:27 PM ----------

The bible says that you can only get their by placing your trust in Jesus Christ as your Lord and Savior.

How many religions are there? Please calculate from there the probability that your religion is the only right one.

Don't waste time trying to convert people over the internet, It does not work and probably never will. The truth is that the Christian faith can't be proven, for that would destroy the need for faith. If faith is gone nobody can go to heaven, as only through faith are we saved. To bring people to Jesus Christ is a very emotional business, and the internet is emotionless in most circumstances. This makes the task nearly impossible.

Take it easy everyone.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Agassi ().

dusk wrote:

Cool story bro, I personally think jesus was a pretty cool dude, and your misrepresenting him

You say that I'm misrepresenting Him so I'm going to give you what He actually said and I want you to interpret it for me. What does He mean when He says these things?

Jesus said:

Joh 14:6 Jesus said to him, "I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me.

Jesus said:

Joh 3:36 "He who believes in the Son has everlasting life; and he who does not believe the Son shall not see life, but the wrath of God abides on him."

John Writes:

1Jo 5:12 He who has the Son has life; he who does not have the Son of God does not have life. These things I have written to you who believe in the name of the Son of God, that you may know that you have eternal life, and that you may continue to believe in the name of the Son of God.

What does he mean by this?

xfrodobagginsx wrote:

You say that I'm misrepresenting Him so I'm going to give you what He actually said and I want you to interpret it for me. What does He mean when He says these things?

Jesus said:

Joh 14:6 Jesus said to him, "I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me.

Jesus said:

Joh 3:36 "He who believes in the Son has everlasting life; and he who does not believe the Son shall not see life, but the wrath of God abides on him."

John Writes:

1Jo 5:12 He who has the Son has life; he who does not have the Son of God does not have life. These things I have written to you who believe in the name of the Son of God, that you may know that you have eternal life, and that you may continue to believe in the name of the Son of God.

What does he mean by this?

Just a note, that is a translation of what he said, it has already been interpreted. Why don't you copy from an original transcript of what he said?
    [CENTER][COLOR="Green"]If you have nothing to say, say nothing.
    [/COLOR][/CENTER]

If you belong to a religion you should never try and convert anybody. You should respect other religions and see that they all have the ability to help people in their lives and to be loving and kind.
    If you look at the people who do fight and argue their belief you may find this.
    Close minded christians are not ignorant, this is not the cause of their behavior, it is in fact fear. The atheists who bash religions all day long, (which happens to be most of them) are not empathic at all. Whatever empathy they do have quickly dissolves in the face of anothe's ignorance. Where close minded god fearing people cling to notions of biblical precedence, the atheists seem to cling to truth that cannot be questioned. It can be said that those who cling to notions of a 'god' resemble those who cling to a notion of 'not-god'.

In buddhism we respect EVERYONE's beliefs and that is how it should be, there would be a lot more peace in this world if that was the case. Why does it matter if you are right or wrong? Why does it matter if somebody believes in a god or not... it doesn't, what matters is the intention and outcome of the religion

ThailandTom wrote:

If you belong to a religion you should never try and convert anybody.

Jesus Said:

Mr 16:15 And He said to them, "Go into all the world and preach the gospel to every creature.

Was Jesus wrong?

You should respect other religions and see that they all have the ability to help people in their lives and to be loving and kind.

While those people have a right to practice their religion, Christians have a responsibility to warn people about false religions.

Jesus said:

Mt 7:14 "Because narrow is the gate and difficult is the way which leads to life, and there are few who find it. Beware of false prophets, who come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly they are ravenous wolves.

If you look at the people who do fight and argue their belief you may find this.
    Close minded christians are not ignorant, this is not the cause of their behavior, it is in fact fear.

Actually, those who get upset when a Christian explains God's word are the fearful ones.

The atheists who bash religions all day long, (which happens to be most of them) are not empathic at all. Whatever empathy they do have quickly dissolves in the face of anothe's ignorance. Where close minded god fearing people cling to notions of biblical precedence, the atheists seem to cling to truth that cannot be questioned.

The atheists are just as closed minded. The bible is the truth and is in fact backed by the scientific evidence. Atheists and Creation scientists look at the same evidence, yet draw differing conclusions.

It can be said that those who cling to notions of a 'god' resemble those who cling to a notion of 'not-god'.

The evidence supports God so it's not a blind clinging.

In buddhism we respect EVERYONE's beliefs and that is how it should be, there would be a lot more peace in this world if that was the case. Why does it matter if you are right or wrong?

Because people are spending eternity in hell. It's the most horrible existance imaginable. We are actually in a war for men's souls. False religion is a path to hell. Jesus Christ is the ONLY way to heaven.

Why does it matter if somebody believes in a god or not... it doesn't, what matters is the intention and outcome of the religion

Good intended beliefs land people in hell. I don't want that and I know that the people in hell would do anything to get out.

If you really want to know what hell is really like, I urge you to watch this video. Copy and paste into browser:

metacafe.com/watch/852697/23_minutes_in_hell_reference_edition/

My responses are in bold above.

aTc wrote:

I am a firm believer of pastafarianism, and pray daily to the Flying Spaghetti Monster.
    rAmen.

UH MR. GARRISON

or whatever you are today

---------- Post added at 03:35 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:34 AM ----------

ThailandTom wrote:

If you belong to a religion you should never try and convert anybody. You should respect other religions and see that they all have the ability to help people in their lives and to be loving and kind.
    Close minded christians are not ignorant, this is not the cause of their behavior, it is in fact fear. The atheists who bash religions all day long, (which happens to be most of them) are not empathic at all. Whatever empathy they do have quickly dissolves in the face of anothe's ignorance. Where close minded god fearing people cling to notions of biblical precedence, the atheists seem to cling to truth that cannot be questioned. It can be said that those who cling to notions of a 'god' resemble those who cling to a notion of 'not-god'.

In buddhism we respect EVERYONE's beliefs and that is how it should be, there would be a lot more peace in this world if that was the case. Why does it matter if you are right or wrong? Why does it matter if somebody believes in a god or not... it doesn't, what matters is the intention and outcome of the religion

i agree i am christian and i hate that about other christians
    paybacks a bitch aint it?

fucking bible thumpers.

i don't have anything against christians or christianity. i have a problem with the preachy morons who are too freaking ignorant to acknowledge another thought process might be GOOD, or that christianity might NOT be true. hell, i've gotten my friend (a pastors daughter) to say "God might NOT be real, sure. It's a possibility, I suppose. But I firmly believe he is, and I always will."

So, if a girl who's been raised in Christianity from the moment she was born can say it might be wrong, why can't other people acknowledge it?
    [COLOR="Green"][FONT="Comic Sans MS"]To make my dreams come true. To protect the ones I love. And to keep fighting.
    The star inside my heart... please keep on shining strong and bring me power![/FONT][/COLOR]

Dr.Carter;2785725 wrote:

The only thing worse than a smart-ass is a dumb smart-ass.

Jesus Said:

Mr 16:15 And He said to them, "Go into all the world and preach the gospel to every creature.

Was Jesus wrong?

Jesus said:

Joh 8:24 "Therefore I said to you that you will die in your sins; for if you do not believe that I am He, you will die in your sins."

Was Jesus lying? Was He wrong? I believe Him. Do you?

xfrodobagginsx wrote:

I'm sorry, I didn't realize that the Lord only cared about how big his fan base is. If all I have to do is utter a prayer and get instant access to heaven, but all the good deeds I have done don't count for shit then I will gladly accept my place in hell.
    [CENTER][FONT="Garamond"][COLOR="DarkRed"][SIZE="3"]Seduce&Destroy[/SIZE]
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    You're sure you still wanna play this evil lil game?
    [/COLOR][/FONT][/CENTER]

Carry on doing what you are doing frodo, if it makes you happy and content then sure, go ahead! But realise that not everybody has a religion ad not everybody wants the word of jesus to be jammed down their throat. I think jesus was wrong and right. What he preached did help people and it did bring peace and happiness to people's lives, you should try to bring this to people for sure. But those who do not believe in god aren't going to start if you start reciting sections of the bible at them. If anything, it will steer them further from what you intend. A religion should not be about who can get the biggest following, or who is right or who is wrong, it should be about peace, about spirituality and loving kindness. A quick story to reiterate what I am referring to.
    A couple were enjoying an evening stroll along a lakeside and there was a noise from the bushes. 'quaaack!' They both heard it and the woman said to her partner, 'did you hear that chicken..' The man replied saying, 'yes I heard the DUCK, but I didn't hear a chicken.' The noise sounded again, 'quaaaaaack'. The woman repeated that it was a chicken. The man started to raise his voice and get a little frustrated, 'no, it is a duck!' They were both starting to get a little heated and were no longer holding hands. The noise sonded a 3rd time and they both looked at each other and the man realised something. He smiled and said to his partner, 'yes, I think you are right, it is a chicken.' They both held hands once more and continued their walk. The point here is that he knew he was right, but that doesn't actually matter, the who is right or wrong. What matters is the fact they are both content and at peace. When you start to argue who is right or who is wrong, you are letting your ego get in the way of love and peace. It really doesn't matter who is right or wrong so just let it be..

Clinging to the notion of god as is portrayed in the bible is blind because it cannot be proven for a fact. Most physicists will tell you that there is a higher power in this universe most likely, but they do not consider it to be an all knowing all powerful god. You are entitled to your belief for sure, but it is not a fact and cannot be proven, so it is blind. If it was a fact, then it would not be a belief would it...

Just try and think about what you do and say before you actually do it next time. You may offend somebody or hurt their feelings, not everyne has the same opinion as you frodo...

I will worship God when a few things happen.

1. When the Religion industry stops making "money for god"
    2. When all religion is gone.
    3. When people like you don't try to force their shit down other people's throats.
    4. When all war and starvation in the world is gone.
    5. When Catholics stop hating on homosexuals.

Religion is an awful and evil thing. Religious wars have been going on for thousands of years and have killed millions of people. For example the crusades, does your god say that it's ok to go around and decapitate and burn people for not following him?
    [CENTER]
    [/CENTER]

I would not say religion is an evil thing at all sirius. For a start, to put all religions and all the people who follow all the religions into one box is very narrow minded. Buddhism for example does not have anything against homesexuals or lesbians. Other religions also do not have a problem with it.
    Secondly, all religions differ from each type, but they all try to do the same thing which is to create peace and love. If you study their teachings and practice them properly, there would be no war, there would be no hate or murder or discrimination. It is people that do the evil acts, people who discriminate, not the religion itself. There are fantastic people in all religions, but there are also those who bend the religion to fit their views and act in certain ways.

You should not feel you have to worship god or follow any religion, just do what you wish and be at peace with that. But respect other people also as it will only come back to you.

The post was edited 1 time, last by ThailandTom ().