How do/did your parents discipline you?

• Re: How do/did your parents discipline you?

I didn't really give them reasons to discipline me.. my dad just let my mom deal with the whole "education thing".. I usually was a good kid and my mom trusted me..
      I remember one time I really wanted to go hang out with my neighbors' daughter and my mom told me to be home in like 2 hours cause I had to help her with something.. but I forgot and came home later so she got mad and grounded me.. I supposedly wasn't allowed to go out for like a week.. but after two days she said "ok.. I think you learned your lesson"..
      other then that.. I don't really remember.. probably some minor grounding or "I'm really disappointed with what you did" .. anyways I have some really open minded parents.. thanks god..
      [CENTER]
      [/CENTER]

Batgirl wrote:

LOL^ My mum used to put soap in my mouth if I backchatted. I actually developed a liking for the taste of soap and ended up eating it. |:

Lol'd. :)
      My parents know my weak points and they'll attack them. It's sorta bullying taken to the next level even for the most marginal things. Of course, if I dare to defend myself they'll just carry on and probably hit me.

I have no freedom when I'm around my parents. :) Constantly interrogated and looked as if I'm a piece of dirt on their shoe, really. You get used to it I suppose.
      [CENTER]I shall stay with you, not until the end, but always.
      [/CENTER]

Erm... My mum would always be shouting at me at a young age and even to this day. But now my dad rarely has a go at me, mainly when he is drunk though. And it is really really easy to wind him up.

Just mention something about smoking while he is drunk then BAM! Here comes the insults!
      The World is heading for mutiny, when all we want is unity.
      We may rise and fall, but in the end, we'll meet our fate together!
      One. Oh One. The only way is[SIZE=4] ONE.[/SIZE]

When I was younger my mom used to spank.
      She once spanked me when I was younger so hard that I bruised all over my butt and back of my legs.
      She used to take things away.
      Ground me from doing things.
      She once took everything out of my room except the bare minimum, I was like 9.
      Once I got a cell phone she used to take it away if I had an attitude.
      Her favorite was to hit and slap me in the face.

Now if she hits me she knows she'll end up in jail.

Yelled at and the occasional slap by my mum, but she's never realised that it never had any effect. where as my dad has just always acted like a really good mate to me, we never really fall out, straight to the point though if I'd do something stupid.
      [CENTER]Some people think I'm crazy, others think that duck's better than chicken (:

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
      [/CENTER]

Umm..Beat that shit out of me, grounded, yelled at everyday. One day I came home late by 1 hour and they grounded me for 2 weeks and beat the shit out of me.

Yeah needless to say things are changing now but it was a pretty rough childhood for me.
      [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
      Crush a bit, little bit, roll it up, take a hit

Usually just getting yelled at. I don't ever really do anything "bad", I just have a habit of always talking back/getting the last word in. Yeah I'm stubborn. (: My dad is like against hitting kids unless they're really freaking out, which I don't do. My mom spanked me once or twice as a kid but then he made her stop, haha.
      [CENTER][SIZE=1]novembertwentyfirsttwothousand&eight ;[/SIZE] [ i love you ]
      [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
      -I'm on virtualteenforums more as Jenxox-
      [/CENTER]

Bektas wrote:

I find it interesting how location and ethnic backround may affect this.

My parents main tactic was to shout at me, and the occasional slap if I was really naughty. But other than that there was not really any radical things that they did.

How about you guys?

this but it wasn't my parents ;)

i'm jk. i just remember being sent to my room and not being allowed to play with my toys. so i read. haha

Um when I was little I was shouted at a lot or slapped by my dad. Sometimes my mum slapped me actually but she said she always felt guilty so stopped doing it.
      I don't really get punished like I've never been grounded or anything but now if I do something that my mum doesn't like she'll sit me down and have a "conversation" with me.
      [CENTER][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC][/CENTER]

[CENTER][SIZE="4"]<3[/SIZE][/CENTER]

Megatron wrote:

I'm never disciplined. I, Megatron, take orders from NO ONE. NO ONE!!!(Except for the Fallen, but he's dead now). Instead, I give them to my Decepticon minions.

It makes me happy when i read your "Transformer crazed posts" hehe.
      The World is heading for mutiny, when all we want is unity.
      We may rise and fall, but in the end, we'll meet our fate together!
      One. Oh One. The only way is[SIZE=4] ONE.[/SIZE]

My parents have never hit me, never even attempted to hit me or anything of the like. They don't believe in corporal punishment for children, and to be honest, neither do I.

I got yelled at some of the time, other times my parents would just sit down with me and explain what I was doing wrong. That stopped about 3 years ago, once I entered my middle teenage years, and now they don't really discipline me at all. They know that I have a good idea of what "right" and "wrong" is, and even though I don't adhere to that all the time, I'm a fairly good kid as far as they know. I don't tell them about my drug use, the fact that I've had sex, etc. I think they might know, but we just don't talk about it.

And since you said you were interested in how location and ethnic background influences the reply, I live in America, and my parents are both Caucasian.
      [CENTER]"Young King, pay me in gold."
      [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC][/CENTER]