How do/did your parents discipline you?

• Re: How do/did your parents discipline you?

confused_for_life wrote:

I was slapped, hit on the butt with a long stick, and/or forced to stand on my knees with my arms out for a half hour to an hour. The worst was the belt, which was only used when I was REALLY bad. And the yelling. I remember one time my dad dragged me out of our apartment by my hands and yelling at me that if I was going to act rude, I should leave and live somewhere else. Then he closed the door and left me outside for a few minutes as I sobbed hysterically, then let me back inside. I think I woke the whole neighborhood up. As for race, I'm Asian. It's considered the norm to discipline your kids by hitting them.

Yea i got the belt too my dad is an aussie and i think there harder than in the uk. the worst was on your hands like you hand to stand there with your hands out it really hurt. but then i belt my horses when i race so maybe i cant complain.
      :cool:

I understand why my parents hit me but it always confused me alot when they didn't show that they cared. I remember being hit then sent to my room, and when I waited for an explaination they simply never told me (since I didn't know what I did wrong, I simply repeated the mistake).
      One other problem I came across was being blamed for someone else's mistakes. My brothers would lie/over-exaggerate things and blame me for doing the shit they did. I was too young to really understand how to deal with that situation. I would say that it wasn't me but my mom and dad would just get more angry because they think I'm talking back to them.

Overall I think physical punishment does work for most kids it just won't work for everyone. Allow you're kids to explain themselves before you jump the gun if use this type of discipline. All it did was fill me with anger issues, and that caused even more problems later as a teenager.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Nightfall ().

They discipline me by telling me the do's and don'ts
      They don't really yell like what most of the people said in here, they're just telling me that I should do that if I don't want to be a failure to myself, or I should study if I want to have a good job.. I agree with them always even though I sometimes feel that they're too much. Since I know that they know what's the best for me..
      [FONT="Arial Black"][COLOR="DarkOrchid"]EmCeePurpleMee[/COLOR][/FONT]:love1: