my girlfriend might be pregnant...

• my girlfriend might be pregnant...

I don't know what to do, i'm scared to death. She's so far about 3 days late for her period. About a month ago, she got scared because she thought that some of my cum went in her (im not all too strategic when i aim) and so she got the morning after pill. She told me it did what it was supposed to because certain symptoms went right (i dont remember what all she said).

We haven't had sex since then. if she turns out to be pregnant, i know for a fact she will keep it. both my parents and hers are catholic, and she is against abortion. I wouldn't expect her to get an abortion, and if she considered i would talk her out of it. that will make her a mom and me a dad.

So, assuming im not just blowing the situation out of proportion, what do I have to "look forward to" in being an unwed teenage father? I am 17 and she is 16, for what its worth.

basically, if im hard to understand, i want to know what i potentially got my self into.
      [CENTER][SIZE="2"]"I have heard there are troubles of more than one kind. Some come from ahead and some come from behind. But I've bought a big bat, I'm all ready you see. Now my troubles are going to have troubles with me." - Dr. Seuss[/SIZE][/CENTER]

The post was edited 1 time, last by Æxitosus ().

• Re: my girlfriend might be pregnant...

The morning after pill can sometimes change your period, it can make it either late or early, it depends on her cycle to begin with. How long after you guys had the incident did you get the morning after pill? They're very effective within the first 24-36 hours. I highly doubt she's pregnant. If you're worried about it, get her a pregnancy test so she can take it.

As for if she actually wanted an abortion, the best thing you could do in that situation is be there for her, not talk her out of anything. You have to remember that she would have the decision ultimately, she'll need all the love and support she could get. Imagine being in that situation at that age, I doubt you'd want a baby.

“We've all got both light and dark inside us. What matters is the part we choose to act on. That's who we really are.”
      -J.K. Rowling

If it turns out that she is indeed pregnant and is keeping the baby, then I think the right thing to do is help financially support her and try to be in this kid's life as much as possible. Having the child growing up without a father figure profoundly affects the child. And don't be afraid to ask her parents and your parents for help; you will need as much help as you can to help raise your kid.

For right now, take a breather. If you haven't had sex since she took the morning after pill, then it's most likely working. Do you know if she's taking birth control pills or is she on the shot or any of the birth control methods? Some birth control has hormones that changes the period cycle, which might be the case here depending.

Oh and have her take a pregnancy test! Either go to a doctor, clinic, or get one from the drug store. Sometimes, she might have to take the tests several times to get accurate results.
      [CENTER]You bitches are beautiful. :hugs:[/CENTER]

The post was edited 1 time, last by armyforthebroken ().

Linda wrote:

The morning after pill can sometimes change your period, it can make it either late or early, it depends on her cycle to begin with. How long after you guys had the incident did you get the morning after pill? They're very effective within the first 24-36 hours. I highly doubt she's pregnant. If you're worried about it, get her a pregnancy test so she can take it.

As for if she actually wanted an abortion, the best thing you could do in that situation is be there for her, not talk her out of anything. You have to remember that she would have the decision ultimately, she'll need all the love and support she could get. Imagine being in that situation at that age, I doubt you'd want a baby.

i think she took it 2 days or so afterward, im not entirely sure. i thought it was kind of late to be taking it though, it wasnt the day after.

if she turned out to be pregnant i would spend every second of every day making sure shes ok. sometimes we have disagreements but in the end we are there for eachother. if she really wanted an abortion i wouldn't stop her, though i dont really think thats the big problem at the moment...its not whats scaring me at least
      [CENTER][SIZE="2"]"I have heard there are troubles of more than one kind. Some come from ahead and some come from behind. But I've bought a big bat, I'm all ready you see. Now my troubles are going to have troubles with me." - Dr. Seuss[/SIZE][/CENTER]

Æxitosus wrote:

i think she took it 2 days or so afterward, im not entirely sure. i thought it was kind of late to be taking it though, it wasnt the day after.

You can take them from 1-3 days after, but obviously within the first 24 hours is the most effective. If she had all the symptoms she was supposed to have, then what most likely happened is the pill messed up her cycle, which is a side effect from taking it. I wouldn't be too worried, but just to be safe, make sure she takes a pregnancy tests ASAP to rule that out. Do you guys usually use condoms, or was this a 1 time thing without any form of birth control?

“We've all got both light and dark inside us. What matters is the part we choose to act on. That's who we really are.”
      -J.K. Rowling

armyforthebroken wrote:

If it turns out that she is indeed pregnant and is keeping the baby, then I think the right thing to do is help financially support her and try to be in this kid's life as much as possible. Having the child growing up without a father figure profoundly affects the child. And don't be afraid to ask her parents and your parents for help; you will need as much help as you can to help raise your kid.

For right now, take a breather. If you haven't had sex since she took the morning after pill, then it's most likely working. Do you know if she's taking birth control pills or is she on the shot or any of the birth control methods? Some birth control has hormones that changes the period cycle, which might be the case here depending.

Oh and have her take a pregnancy test! Either go to a doctor, clinic, or get one from the drug store. Sometimes, she might have to take the tests several times to get accurate results.

helping out financially and being involved is all i can do? i always hear that no one ever has a social life, and that they have to quit school to take care of the baby and all kinds of stuff like that.

she isn't on any other form of birth control. the only thing medically that would affect her period is the plan b.

Linda wrote:

You can take them from 1-3 days after, but obviously within the first 24 hours is the most effective. If she had all the symptoms she was supposed to have, then what most likely happened is the pill messed up her cycle, which is a side effect from taking it. I wouldn't be too worried, but just to be safe, make sure she takes a pregnancy tests ASAP to rule that out. Do you guys usually use condoms, or was this a 1 time thing without any form of birth control?

well would you know what the symptoms of it are, when its successful? im guessing its different for everyone but generally speaking...

we used condoms at first. i couldnt feel anything and she felt like she was having sex with a pickle so we kinda threw that out the window. (this was back in february) since then we havent really used any kind of protection.

Æxitosus wrote:

well would you know what the symptoms of it are, when its successful? im guessing its different for everyone but generally speaking...

we used condoms at first. i couldnt feel anything and she felt like she was having sex with a pickle so we kinda threw that out the window. (this was back in february) since then we havent really used any kind of protection.

This is quoted from the Plan B website:

"When used as directed, Plan B® One-Step is safe and effective. Side effects may include changes in your period, nausea, lower abdominal pain, fatigue, headache, dizziness and breast tenderness. Some women may have changes in their period, a heavier or lighter next period, or a period that is early or late. If your period is more than a week late, you may be pregnant. If you have severe abdominal pain, you may have an ectopic pregnancy, and should get immediate medical attention."

The only way to know if its actually successful is when she gets her next period, or she takes a pregnancy test. I highly suggest she goes on birth control if you guys aren't going to use a condom, because episodes like this will continually happen, and to much Plan B isn't good for someone.

-J.K. Rowling

If she is in fact pregnant, all you can do is be there for her, and support her. As scary as it seems, imagine how hard it would be for her to have to face that all alone.
      [CENTER][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

[CENTER] "Say those little things that don't make anyone feel better"
      [/CENTER]
      [/CENTER]

A-Trav wrote:

If she is in fact pregnant, all you can do is be there for her, and support her. As scary as it seems, imagine how hard it would be for her to have to face that all alone.

I know, i mean im scared about it and im not even the one having the baby. i cant imagine what she would be like

I was a week late once. I wasn't really freaked out, but my boyfriend was flippin shit lol

Anyways, if she is pregnant, just be there for her and support her. It'll be easier for her to get through this situation if you're there by her side
      [INDENT][CENTER][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC][/CENTER]
      [/INDENT]

for what its worth, my girlfriend isn't pregnant. She just somehow ended up being 2 1/2 weeks late on her period, which is scary as it is. for now we are blaming the plan b pills but if shes late next month she is gonna talk to her doctor.

Æxitosus wrote:

for what its worth, my girlfriend isn't pregnant. She just somehow ended up being 2 1/2 weeks late on her period, which is scary as it is. for now we are blaming the plan b pills but if shes late next month she is gonna talk to her doctor.

Which is what I said! Congrats on her not being pregnant though.

-J.K. Rowling

This has happened so many times to my girlfriend when she's late. For some reasons, the late periods seem to conveniently time up with around the general times we have sex. I don't know why. It's just paranoia but it's really terrifying.
      Golden Enterprises, Inc. - CEO
      Iconiplex, LLC - Managing Member
      Emerald Summit Capital Group, LLC - President

You said 'if she's late again next month'
      Maybe instead of playing russian roulette with this, you should get yourselfs some kind of birth control (wether it be the pill, or condoms, ect..), so this doesn't happen again.

People will always talk about you
      Might as well give them something to talk about