Marijuana

• Re: Marijuana

name one person thats died from smokeing to much weed and if u can find one true fact that someones died from smokeing weed ill stop smokeing weed rite now

I can't,but I am sure there are hundreds of thousands, maybe millions who have died from smoking joints/blunts/bongs due to cancer or lung cancer. THAT IS SOMETHING OBVIOUS IS IT NOT!? I am not some person who has lead a clean strict life, I have probably smoked weed before you were 12 years old and the rest. It is not as safe as people say. I also stated, 'eating weed is totally different to smoking weed'
      ''there is no way to peace, peace is the way''

Tar... It is known that resin and oils found within cannabis cause tar build up in the lungs which is the biggest cause of lung cancer. If you hav e a roach on your joint or blunt, you must see the tar build up on that after one joint.. so over a period of time that will add up and you can disregard all of the toxic chemicals that go into cigarette manufacturing for a moment. I myself have seen the damage smoking JUST weed can do. From the age of 11-14 I was a cross country runner and then I got into smoking weed. It was okay for 2 or so years but then I started to see the affect it had on my running. My lung capacity was getting worse and my motivation was weakening, I wonder why :/ And I have never smoked cigarettes as a habit or lived in an industrial or city environment, or have asthma

By the way, I have just done literally 3 minutes of research and found this on the 'cancer research UK' site.

The substances in cannabis smoke

Cannabis smoke contains many of the same cancer causing substances (carcinogens) as tobacco - at least 50 of them. In addition, cannabis is often mixed with tobacco when smoked.
      One of these carcinogens is benzyprene. Benzyprene is in the tar of both tobacco and cannabis cigarettes. We know that benzyprene causes cancer. It alters a gene called p53, which is a tumour suppressor gene. We know that 3 out of 4 lung cancers (75%) occur in people who have faulty p53 genes. The p53 gene is also linked to many other cancers.
      Cannabis also contains a substance called THC (tetrahydrocannabinol). It is the THC in the cannabis that changes your mood and behaviour. The amount of THC in a cannabis cigarette varies considerably. Researchers have shown that THC causes benzpyrene to promote the p53 gene to change. But other researchers have looked at the effects of pure THC on brain tumour cells and found that it killed them in laboratory tests. This is a long way from using it as a treatment.

The post was edited 1 time, last by ThailandTom ().

ThailandTom wrote:

I can't,but I am sure there are hundreds of thousands, maybe millions who have died from smoking joints/blunts/bongs due to cancer or lung cancer. THAT IS SOMETHING OBVIOUS IS IT NOT!? I am not some person who has lead a clean strict life, I have probably smoked weed before you were 12 years old and the rest. It is not as safe as people say. I also stated, 'eating weed is totally different to smoking weed'

I would have to question your backing of LSD in that train of thought, I've seen someone nearly kill themselves multiple times, and do themselves a great deal of bodily harm, multiple times, on LSD... it really isn't safe, although, like every other drug it affects different people in different ways.

artizhay wrote:

Effects of Marijuana - The Health Effects of Marijuana

Although, eating it is much worse than smoking it, though I don't condone either.

Why would eating it be worse? It won't give you cancer that way, also about.com is a terrible resource, and a fair amount of that is bullshit.
      [CENTER][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

[/CENTER]

Yes, carbon monoxide attaches itself to your hemoglobin and once it is there it takes a long time for it to detach if at all. If your hemoglobin become swamped with carbon monoxide, you will find it harder and harder to breath, eventually getting respiratory diseases or worse. That is ONE draw back to smoking weed, another is the what is on the paper or rizla. This is for those who smoke joints and some blunt papers, there is a considerable amount of chlorine on these types of papers which is not to good for your lungs either. God knows what else is on there but I know there is chlorine for sure.

Like I said, I am not somebody here who has never smoked or taken a drug preaching how bad they are, I have had my fair share of substance abuse so I know where I am coming from. If you are going to take substances, you need to be knowledgable about what you are taking. There is this major misconception that weed is totally safe and won't have any negative affects on your life, and it is merely a misconception

ThailandTom wrote:

If we say that weed is safer if eaten then yes, for sure. But smoking weed is probably worse for your health and more dangerous than taking LSD. People dying whilst on a trip is probably a highly rare occurrence. LSD doesn't tend to induce such a trip where you have no clue what you are doing or what is happening around you unless you take a very high dose. You could also suggest that people who are high on cannabis can cause accidental harm or even death due to being lazy/slow.

I would also suggest that weed is something that demotivates people on the whole and strips the mind of positive and productive thinking. LSD can induce profound realisation and epiphanies that may cause you to change your life in a positive way.

AS it has already been said, drugs are not the answer to any problem, they are a cover up and that even goes for script drugs for anxiety and depression in my opinion. Just because the doctor says you are allowed, the principal is still the same, you are covering up a problem with a substance and ignoring the root cause of it. BUT, drugs can be used for fun purposes and curiosity. Expect repercussions though as you cannot expect to have such a good time without any downsides, that is coming from an per longed experience

Well only cannabis indica will make you slow and lazy. Cannabis sativa gives you an energetic high and causes you to want to do things. I use cannabis indica sor my tics since it relaxes me which is what I need and when I got migraines frequent I would use cannabis sativa since it has more THC.

Red` wrote:

marijuana will help you be more social, and live a funner/better l8ife. personally i dont see how i could live life without weed, weed is going to make you have a new view of life.

just be careful, if u smoke too much you will turn to meth and other shit.

the price of headies, i dont know,ive never heard of that.
      stick to reggie at first, then you can move up to highgrade, highgrade usually ranges in range of 15$-30$ per gram.

I lol'd.
      [CENTER]i found jesus
      [SIZE=1]...
      in a gay bar.
      [/SIZE]
      [/CENTER]

I've smoked it for a few years now .. started early. Weird thing is I won't touch ordinary cigarettes but yeah. I see it as a social thing, I don't enjoy smoking it on my own, and its usually maybe once a month .. but it's fun to light up with some friends and get the giggles over stupid things. Using it as something that "may help you" I think is the wrong way to look about it. I couldn't imagine thinking of it as anything other than fun with friends.

good wise view rosenrot, really that is a great approach to weed :)

Like I said, I used it for over 7 years, some time every day for every week for a long time, other periods where I smoked it now and then. But yea, it is better to not become attached to such a thing and to not make it a staple of life.

I was stonned in about 30% of my final exams in school. I did okay, Bs and Cs, but I was predicted a little better over all. My friend and I had this huge spliff that had maybe 1.5 grams in and we kiled it off before he had a french oral exam. I had no exams that day so had the day off, he went to his french oral exam totally caned and just laughed at his teacher throughout the majority of it, and failed! Got a straight F haha