Marijuana

• Re: Marijuana

dusk wrote:

Bud, I don't even care, as if your life is going to be anything special at 40.
      I'll be laughing, because your life isn't going to be any better than mine, and I'll be able to say I did something interesting with my life while I could.
      This post makes you cool. :)

Btw, it's come out that lots of successful people have smoked pot. Just in my first Google search: Successful Pot Smokers: Let’s Make a List | The Agitator It just came out that Michael Phelps used pot, right?

~Maggot
      [size=3]Oh! why is phrensy called a curse?
      I deem the sense of misery worse:
      Come, Madness, come!
      [/size]

Drugs are bad, mmkay?

But fer realz, i was a true pothead for about 2 years straight up everyday my mom does it so I never had to like hide it or be paranoid because she let me do it. But after just a few months of just pot I wanted a stronger high. Sure pot is fun for a little while but I got to where I had to smoke I guess about 2 joints worth to get any sensational high. I had no worries life was good. I started getting into prescription pills and alcohol because once again they were easy to get. (my parents have a lot of prescriptions and my mom drinks like crazy.) after about 4 months of that I still wanted more. I'm very extreme in what I do I have to go sly out. Well it started with some e then I got into shrooms and I was really into oxycontin. What stopped this (partially) was getting expelled from school. Not going into details on that but it was a semi wake up call. After that all I did was smoke weed and cigs and I tripped a few times as well. But what really got me to stop was the way my little brother looked at me, he just looked terrified when I almost ODed I wanted to stop for him and my family and my close friends. I didn't want to be the crazy addict in the family which I am now branded with. I needed a change. So the summer after my sophomore year I started playing soccer for the high school again. It was great I had no need to do any drugs until I went to bonnaroo.(famous music festival about 100,000 people go it's awesome) I smoked a lot and tripped acid one night) but then after that summer I was super busy with school and soccer. I still smoked some until I met M he is my boyfriend now and I don't want to do anything to lose him right now. So I'm completely sober and it feels GOOD! I've never been more happy then right now. And I never thought i could be like that unless I was under the influence of well anything.

But I don't mean to ramble. All I wanted to say is don't do it. I mean once or twice you think is okay but then you'll meet people who can get it for you and then you'll say o no big deal, well that's How I thought but it didn't turn out so well. So just don't do it, you'll be much happier trust me.

Sounds like you had a good time at the festival baja :p I had my worse ever experience at a dance music festival that I have been to 3 times before. I took a few drops of acid and that was okay until I did the smallest line of K. Then everything got really messy and people began to converse in other languages. Noise itself became a mess as it all blurred and distorted into one giant bleeehh! I in fact saw sound for a few moments which was quite cool, but after that I but an end to my acid days. I had taken acid and k on many occasions before that festival, but not after lol. Those 2 drugs are insane when mixed together.

But yes, weed is a gateway drug for sure, I even commented on it in this thread. I smoked weed for 7 years and I haven't done so for quite a while. Now living in thailand I do not really get the chance to anyway. People make weed out to be many things and a lot of these things are not what it is. People make it out to be amazing when it really isn't, it is quite simple and subtle in my opinion. People also make it out to be totally safe and okay, when again that is not the case and people also make it out to be incredibly bad, which it also isn't.
      ''there is no way to peace, peace is the way''

ThailandTom wrote:

I disagree, plenty of people drink alcohol and never desire to try another substance.

That doesn't constitute a gateway drug. You'd have to look at how many "hard drug" users started with marijuana to call it a gateway drug, and the same is true for alcohol. Most people I know drank many years before they even smoked marijuana, much less moved on to harder drugs.
      [CENTER]"Young King, pay me in gold."
      [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC][/CENTER]

A drug that most people experience and are inclined to try harder drugs because of it.

That doesn't mean that you will see a high percentage of alcohol drinkers moving on to harder drugs though, because alcohol is one of the most widely consumed substances on the planet. Instead, look at hard drug users and see how many of them tried alcohol first.

Not that I believe in any gateway drug theory, but you asked how I would define it.
      [CENTER]"Young King, pay me in gold."
      [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC][/CENTER]