Where the heck are dinosaurs in the bible?!

• Re: Where the heck are dinosaurs in the bible?!

Treebark2268 wrote:

kopite wrote:

im pretty sure it takes 365 days for the earth to orbit the sun!!

Ahhaaa i ment like... rotation, not orbit.. but same difff:shifty:

"I'm sorry you ended up in that black hole. I meant 9.8 lightyears, not 9.9. They're almost the same thing."
      Golden Enterprises, Inc. - CEO
      Iconiplex, LLC - Managing Member
      Emerald Summit Capital Group, LLC - President

OllieRambles wrote:

So they were just unimportant X( kinda weird . . . i cant see people ignoring giant dinosaurs roaming around. God didnt mention any dinosaurs when he did the creation story (at least i dont think he did) so are dinosaurs just some mistake better left forgotten to god?
      The Bible revolves around the creation of animals and man, and then proceeds to explain man's role. It doesn't list every animal that God created. When the Bible mentions a specific animal, it's usually in a parable or a story, such as the snake.

Again, why would the Bible need to mention dinosaurs? How are dinosaurs relevant to what the Bible was designed to explain?
      [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I'm not a paleontologist, but I believe the dinosaurs were around quite a bit before humanity, and if they coexisted wouldn't the meteor strike that wiped out the dinosaurs kill humans as well? Should, for some reason, God choose to place humans on the planet after the dinosaurs got wiped out, I think in Genesis it states that God originally intended for everyone to be a vegetarian. Some dinosaurs were carnivores and omnivores.

In short, less confusing terms:
      Humans with dinosaurs? Meteor that killed them should've killed humans.
      Humans placed after dinosaurs? If everyone was truly intended to be vegetarian, why would some dinosaurs be carnivores and omnivores?
      [CENTER][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
      Yoboseyo?
      [/CENTER]

Going by the whole each-of-the-7-days-of-creation-was-actually-millions-or-billions-of-years theory, the whole fifth and sixth days could have spanned the life of dinosaurs. So they were there while God was making man, but when man was created, only animals as we know them were left.

However, Genesis itself makes the idea of Bible days not being equivalent to present days quite cloudy:
      In the beginning when God created the heavens and the earth, the earth was a formless void and darkness covered the face of the deep, while a wind from God swept over the face of the waters. Then God said, "Let there be light"; and there was light. And God saw that the light was good; and God separated the light from the darkness. God called the light Day, and the darkness he called Night. And there was evening and there was morning, the first day.
      This would imply that Earth had a regular, 24-hour day considering that all conditions were the same as they are now. It was the same planet, the same sun, the same everything. So why wouldn't the days in the Bible equal the days we live now? Unless one were to believe that God arbitrarily decided to make Earth spin faster or orbit the sun faster?

Yes, God lives, as someone said, with respect to eternity, but Genesis is talking about Earth itself. There was light on Earth, then darkness on Earth.

Genesis also implies Earth was already in existence before God started his seven days of creation. So where did Earth come from if it was already there, and God only let it have light and an atmosphere?
      Golden Enterprises, Inc. - CEO
      Iconiplex, LLC - Managing Member
      Emerald Summit Capital Group, LLC - President

Zen wrote:

I'm not a paleontologist, but I believe the dinosaurs were around quite a bit before humanity, and if they coexisted wouldn't the meteor strike that wiped out the dinosaurs kill humans as well? Should, for some reason, God choose to place humans on the planet after the dinosaurs got wiped out, I think in Genesis it states that God originally intended for everyone to be a vegetarian. Some dinosaurs were carnivores and omnivores.

In short, less confusing terms:
      Humans placed after dinosaurs? If everyone was truly intended to be vegetarian, why would some dinosaurs be carnivores and omnivores?

yes they were around quite a bit before man set foot on earth, no argues with that. if man existed at the same time as dinosaurs, then humanity would have been wiped out as quick as they came. i refer back to my earlier post. the bible was written by man. man cant understand everything. how would they begin to understand crazy monsters that existed millions of years ago. god had no reason to include dinosaurs in the bible. it was for the people at that time to live good lives to the best of their ability.
      i dont understand what you are getting at with the whole vegetarian thing. alot of dinosaurs where born as carnivores, and alot of other dinosaurs where born as omnivores. thats how the food chain works. its the same as the animals now.
      People think the Irish are a bunch of drunks and brawlers, and that makes us soo mad sometimes that we just want to get drunk and punch somebody.

artizhay wrote:

Going by the whole each-of-the-7-days-of-creation-was-actually-millions-or-billions-of-years theory, the whole fifth and sixth days could have spanned the life of dinosaurs. So they were there while God was making man, but when man was created, only animals as we know them were left.

However, Genesis itself makes the idea of Bible days not being equivalent to present days quite cloudy:
      This would imply that Earth had a regular, 24-hour day considering that all conditions were the same as they are now. It was the same planet, the same sun, the same everything. So why wouldn't the days in the Bible equal the days we live now? Unless one were to believe that God arbitrarily decided to make Earth spin faster or orbit the sun faster?

Yes, God lives, as someone said, with respect to eternity, but Genesis is talking about Earth itself. There was light on Earth, then darkness on Earth.

Genesis also implies Earth was already in existence before God started his seven days of creation. So where did Earth come from if it was already there, and God only let it have light and an atmosphere?

he said all this so that early man could understand it. why say that he created the heavens and the earth in a thousand years. we wouldnt be able to understand that the earth is soo old. like you must remember that when they wrote the bible people would have thought that they were one of the first species to set foot on the earth. like the only reason we know of the past is because of folklore and history that has been documented by ancient tribes and civilisations. soo how would they know about whats not told to them. god decided that it would be best not to confuse them

---------- Post added at 07:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:37 PM ----------

artizhay wrote:

You guys do know omnivore means you eat meat and vegetables, correct? I think you're looking for "herbivore."

thank you, i could not think of what they were called :p
      People think the Irish are a bunch of drunks and brawlers, and that makes us soo mad sometimes that we just want to get drunk and punch somebody.

The post was edited 1 time, last by kopite ().

kopite wrote:

yes they were around quite a bit before man set foot on earth, no argues with that. if man existed at the same time as dinosaurs, then humanity would have been wiped out as quick as they came. i refer back to my earlier post. the bible was written by man. man cant understand everything. how would they begin to understand crazy monsters that existed millions of years ago. god had no reason to include dinosaurs in the bible. it was for the people at that time to live good lives to the best of their ability.
      i dont understand what you are getting at with the whole vegetarian thing. alot of dinosaurs where born as carnivores, and alot of other dinosaurs where born as omnivores. thats how the food chain works. its the same as the animals now.

If God originally intended for all animals to be vegetarians, why were there carnivorous and omnivorous dinosaurs?

I don't see what you're trying to argue with me. I'm not blaming the writers for not knowing dinosaurs existed or trying to discredit Christianity.
      Yoboseyo?
      [/CENTER]

Zen wrote:

If God originally intended for all animals to be vegetarians, why were there carnivorous and omnivorous dinosaurs?

I don't see what you're trying to argue with me. I'm not blaming the writers for not knowing dinosaurs existed or trying to discredit Christianity.

oh man im not trying to argue with you, im just trying to have an intelligent debate. :)

i dont remember god wanting all creatures to be vegetarians. i never heard of that one. i know why the jews were not allowed to eat pork but i thought everything else was ok?

kopite wrote:

oh man im not trying to argue with you, im just trying to have an intelligent debate. :)

i dont remember god wanting all creatures to be vegetarians. i never heard of that one. i know why the jews were not allowed to eat pork but i thought everything else was ok?

Regardless of what you call it, my point was half of what you said didn't relate to any of my claims. I don't care about who wrote the bible or what they did or didn't know.

Many Christians claim Genesis 1:29?30 (NKJV) - "And God said, See, I have given you every herb that yields seed which is on the face of all the earth, and every tree whose fruit yields seed; ..." - Biblia.com as proof that life was originally vegetarian.
      Yoboseyo?
      [/CENTER]

Zen wrote:

Regardless of what you call it, my point was half of what you said didn't relate to any of my claims. I don't care about who wrote the bible or what they did or didn't know.

Many Christians claim Genesis 1:29?30 (NKJV) - "And God said, See, I have given you every herb that yields seed which is on the face of all the earth, and every tree whose fruit yields seed; ..." - Biblia.com as proof that life was originally vegetarian.

well all i was saying was ive never learned that we were not supposed to eat meat. i was never thought that. soo forgive me, i havnt exactly read the bible cover to cover :p

Tombgeek Troll says: "Are you serious!? There's no passage about dinosaurs!?
      I could swear I saw something about dinosaurs, somewhere between the story about the Jewish zombie and the story about the apocalypse with some random guy who was going to take over the world or something like that."

Realistic Tombgeek says: "Bible was written over 2000 years ago. They didn't have the technology to discover the fossils of dinosaurs."

I created this topic about a month or two ago. You won't get an answer because there isn't one. Religious fanatics will then come into the thread to try to give an explanation without proof, and when you argue with them, they will then in turn tell you their religion and not understand your point of view.
      [CENTER][/CENTER]

The post was edited 1 time, last by Manny ().

Zen wrote:

Perhaps not necessarily. The survivors of that extinction, such as many modern-day reptiles and small mammals did so because of their quick adaptability. Humans being the innovative creatures that they are, I can imagine a contingent hanging on...
      [CENTER]

[RIGHT]Ta-ta
      [/RIGHT]
      [/CENTER]