Where the heck are dinosaurs in the bible?!

• Re: Where the heck are dinosaurs in the bible?!

I believe that it is a great possibility that the Earth was created by the big bang, but who exactly is to say that that is not the way that God chose to create it? No one was there to know, except him.

Also, God did say that all humans were supposed to be vegetarians, and that all animals were created and raised to be sacrificed in God's glory. However, humans were still capable of eating meat. Prior to the great flood, the corrupt population began eating in the bain of God's existance.

And I think the arguing is childish and off-topic. Not saying don't do it, just saying not to do it here.
      [SIZE=2]"It seems like forever, but a lifetime can pass in a second."[/SIZE]
      [SIZE=4]James Zachary Ericsen <31-9-08>[/SIZE]

thetroll wrote:

I believe that it is a great possibility that the Earth was created by the big bang, but who exactly is to say that that is not the way that God chose to create it? No one was there to know, except him.

Holy Qur'an on the Origin of the Universe

They say, " Allah has taken a son." Exalted is He! Rather, to Him belongs whatever is in the heavens and the earth. All are devoutly obedient to Him, Originator of the heavens and the earth. When He decrees a matter, He only says to it, "Be," and it is. 2:116-7

Have those who disbelieved not considered that the heavens and the earth were a joined entity, and then We ripped them assunder and made from water every living thing? Then will they not believe? 21:30

Then He directed Himself to the heavens while it was smoke and said to it and to the earth, "Come into being, willingly or by compulsion." They said, "We have come willingly." 41:11

And the heavens We constructed with strength, and indeed, We are expanding it. 51:47

Does that match?
      [SIZE=1][SIZE=1]But if God gains people through MY LIES, why am I still being condemned as a sinner? :cool: - Paul: Romans 3.7[/SIZE]
      [SIZE=1]What difference does it make, as long as in every way, whether in FALSEHOOD or in truth, Christ is being proclaimed? :wink: Paul. -Phil. 1:18[/SIZE]
      [/SIZE]

Treebark2268 wrote:

theres a lot of planets out there, theres also probably an alternate reality where dinosaurs didn't go extinct and eventually evolved to intelligent beings and then wrote the bible

You don't mean an alternate reality, that's wrong. You mean to say a quantum reality or even an alternate universe.
      I give cam shows every now and then, but I MUST know you and be comfortable with you before I will do them for you! If interested, contact me and get to know me!

bobbyskin wrote:

die hard Christians deny the existence of dinosaurs, sort of like they do with evolution,cave men etc because it messes up the whole adam and eve story.

So according to your logic, we are evolved from neanderthals?
      I give cam shows every now and then, but I MUST know you and be comfortable with you before I will do them for you! If interested, contact me and get to know me!

I really find this debate. . . intimidating. Please don't bite the newbie?

I believe that God exists, and I believe that there is an acceptable interpretation of the Bible that allows for most, if not all, of the scientific discoveries and theories that many non-Christians believe are proof that there is no God.

I believe that the "7 Days of Creation" could have any length of time, which is reasonable, since they had no set time configuration in the days of the Bible. I believe that they allow for the existence of the dinosaurs, and even human evolution. Who is to say that God didn't see an animal creature of specific intellectual stature and decide that it had even more potential, which could have lead to a very important creation that we know as human-kind, which could also explain the Adam-and-Eve story, because God, of his power, could have chosen the two smartest of the species to evolve, or something. No one could possibly know for sure, however. This is just my interpretation.

Also, I believe that time has been interpreted different throughout the Bible. I don't honestly believe that Moses lived to be almost 600 years old, so why would you believe that this is the same type of chronological organization as we have now?

These are just a few thoughts. Don't kill me for my beliefs, please?
      [SIZE=2]"It seems like forever, but a lifetime can pass in a second."[/SIZE]
      [SIZE=4]James Zachary Ericsen <31-9-08>[/SIZE]