Incest

• Straight people spread STDs too..

@Artizhay: my smoking isn't illegal, doesn't cause families trauma and isn't so much of an taboo in society. I'm allowed to say it's disgusting if I think it is.
    So you think it's okay for a teenager or whatever to have sex with their parent? Yea that seems like a really healthy relationship there.
    [CENTER][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC][/CENTER]

[CENTER][SIZE="4"]<3[/SIZE][/CENTER]
  • Muppy wrote:

@Artizhay: my smoking isn't illegal, doesn't cause families trauma and isn't so much of an taboo in society. I'm allowed to say it's disgusting if I think it is.
    So you think it's okay for a teenager or whatever to have sex with their parent? Yea that seems like a really healthy relationship there.

I never said it was illegal and I never said I approve of smoking or incest. Actually, I said I disapprove of smoking. I do disapprove of incest, but both smoking and incest have their consequences and people choose to do it anyway, so they should be allowed to if they want.
    Golden Enterprises, Inc. - CEO
    Iconiplex, LLC - Managing Member
    Emerald Summit Capital Group, LLC - President
  • No way, smoking is something that causes damage to your body and is something that is just physical. Incest I can imagine creates so much mental trauma for people who are involved and who are on the outside of it all. It's a much deeper problem than smoking is.
    [CENTER][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC][/CENTER]

[CENTER][SIZE="4"]<3[/SIZE][/CENTER]
  • Muppy wrote:

Straight people spread STDs too..

And unrelated couples still produce children with genetic defects.

This may surprise you, but as far as the human species go, we are pretty damn similar on the genetic level. There was a bottleneck of protohumans that cut down the birthing-age population of women to something like 7,000 people. Ergo, compared to most other species, my genes would be amazingly similar to anyone else's on Earth. Even if you looked at the members of an isolated tribe in the heart of Africa and compared their genes to mine, they would be relatively similar.

Genetic defects are an unfortunate repercussion of sexual reproduction, and can only be avoided through serious testing before conception even takes place. There's no evidence to suggest that "inbreeding" causes a noticeably larger amount of children with birth defects than a "normal" couple would.

Let me put it this way. How well received would a law be if it insisted on mandatory genetic testing before any two members of the population could reproduce, in order to cut down on congenital birth defects?
    [CENTER]"Young King, pay me in gold."
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC][/CENTER]
  • Dr.Carter wrote:

And unrelated couples still produce children with genetic defects.

This may surprise you, but as far as the human species go, we are pretty damn similar on the genetic level. There was a bottleneck of protohumans that cut down the birthing-age population of women to something like 7,000 people. Ergo, compared to most other species, my genes would be amazingly similar to anyone else's on Earth. Even if you looked at the members of an isolated tribe in the heart of Africa and compared their genes to mine, they would be relatively similar.

Genetic defects are an unfortunate repercussion of sexual reproduction, and can only be avoided through serious testing before conception even takes place. There's no evidence to suggest that "inbreeding" causes a noticeably larger amount of children with birth defects than a "normal" couple would.

Let me put it this way. How well received would a law be if it insisted on mandatory genetic testing before any two members of the population could reproduce, in order to cut down on congenital birth defects?

I think this is pretty much correct. Some researchers even say that all/most life has a common ancestor.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    [SIZE=4]"http://www.teenhutmagazine.com/"[/SIZE]
  • Ima be honest Muppy, I don't agree with incest. it's fucked up. but I don't see it that much different from homosexuals. specially after people told me being gay should be ok for the simple fact that it is done between humans and w/ the consent of each other.
    the reason gays get more acceptance is because it's becoming more common now. but just like incest, it's gross IMO, and it was also a taboo a while back
    [CENTER]
    [/CENTER]

The post was edited 1 time, last by Papa Bear ().

• oompaloompas wrote:

If they want to, just let them. It's not that big of a deal. And they could always try anal.

What about if they have a child?
    Would you really want to be a child who's a product of incest? Shit like this can cause so much trauma for the people involved and the people around them.
    [CENTER][SIZE=2]&#9824;[/SIZE]

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

[COLOR="Black"][SIZE="1"][CENTER]Teenhut's original slut.[/CENTER]
    [/SIZE][/COLOR][/CENTER]
  • Darling wrote:

What about if they have a child?
    Would you really want to be a child who's a product of incest? Shit like this can cause so much trauma for the people involved and the people around them.

Not to mention all the genetic disorders.
    Offspring of those ancient kings and queens that had incestuous relationships to keep the blood "pure" often had lots of things like hemophilia, and other genetic disorders.
    Hello JC - Cade
  • Homosexuals are generally clean, a lot of the time, cool, smart people... I've lived in some pretty backwoods places, and seen the products of incest in four different countries, it's not cool. With that in mind, it doesn't really affect me much, but I think we should be trying to make the world better, not letting a bunch of mutants and retards over populate it. OFC that's only mating, not just sex or making out or wtfe...
    EDIT: WOW I sound like an asshole, but whatever, I think I got my point across... nothing personal if anyone here is an incest baby
    [CENTER][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

[/CENTER]

The post was edited 1 time, last by SMOKE. ().

• oompaloompas wrote:

Smoking also effects other people.

Fucking passive smoking, how does it work?

This is what I was going to say, that smoking affects not only you but everyone around you. Incest is done in the privacy of a home and I have no idea why someone would think it affects anyone besides the two people involved. It's not exactly something you would advertise.
    Golden Enterprises, Inc. - CEO
    Iconiplex, LLC - Managing Member
    Emerald Summit Capital Group, LLC - President