Incest

• Muppy wrote:

If you read it properly I said incest creates trauma. I know about passive smoking -__-
    I love how everyone is attacking smokers but find it okay to defend people who like to fuck their parents and siblings.

I guess that speaks volumes about how everybody is >.<...

Smoking is okay because there are no consequences for anybody else besides you unless you are blowing smoke on people's faces.
    Hello JC - Cade
  • It's not hard to resist having sex with your relative.
    Tbh Kris I don't care, I'll say what I like.
    I remember someone posting a thread in teen sexuality about incest and every single person who posted in the thread was like man you are fucked up that's sick! and now everyone is showing a relaxed attitude towards it and treating it as if it's completely normal and accepted. Hmm hypocrisy much.
    [CENTER][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC][/CENTER]

[CENTER][SIZE="4"]<3[/SIZE][/CENTER]

The post was edited 1 time, last by Muppy ().

• Since you're focused on the issue of trauma, what about divorce? It's legal and definitely is quite traumatizing, especially to a child. My step-brother, from what I hear, used to regularly destroy his room with a baseball bat because his mom and my dad had divorced. Should everything that causes trauma be outlawed? Hell, the legal system itself causes trauma among families and other people on a daily basis.
    Golden Enterprises, Inc. - CEO
    Iconiplex, LLC - Managing Member
    Emerald Summit Capital Group, LLC - President
  • Muppy wrote:

It's not hard to resist having sex with your relative.
    Tbh Kris I don't care, I'll say what I like.
    I remember someone posting a thread in teen sexuality about incest and every single person who posted in the thread was like man you are fucked up that's sick! and now everyone is showing a relaxed attitude towards it and treating it as if it's completely normal and accepted. Hmm hypocrisy much.

It would only be hypocrisy if the same people posted in that thread as the ones posting here. Don't generalize the whole forum into one person lol

And it is hard to resist for some people. You think people can just choose the sexual fetishes and things they enjoy? They can't. Sometimes it's better to ignore the urges (E.G. if you're into rape or pedophilia) but if two grown family members both want to do it with each other, it's really their own business.
  • wow that's a random topic to pluck out of no where.
    I know how horrible divorce is. Two people not being able to be together and two relatives having sex because they can't control themselves is completely different. There are certain circumstances where people cannot stay together like my parents however much they might want to for the kids but wanting to have sex with someone is easy to resist..in my mind anyway.
    I think that's a huge generalisation to make.
    [CENTER][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC][/CENTER]

[CENTER][SIZE="4"]<3[/SIZE][/CENTER]
  • Muppy wrote:

wow that's a random topic to pluck out of no where.
    I know how horrible divorce is. Two people not being able to be together and two relatives having sex because they can't control themselves is completely different. There are certain circumstances where people cannot stay together like my parents however much they might want to for the kids but wanting to have sex with someone is easy to resist..in my mind anyway.
    I think that's a huge generalisation to make.

This. Divorce and Incest are polar opposites.
    Hello JC - Cade
  • incest? Legalized? Um, no. SMH. No, it's not affecting me personally and yes if it's the couples choice it should be okay with them, but if it was legalized i just feel like it would give sicko people out there a reason to touch their relatives who might not have the same views as them. Not to say that legalizing it would make every relationship with in the family like that, and not to say that it doesn't already happen . . . it'll just increase in my opinion.

Besides there's so many people out there, why go inside your own family willingly to look for a romantic relation? :P
    . . . tramlaw ni xes gnivah ekil stI :wink:

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • I would have to say incest and marriage between cousins should be legal. I am strongly against it, and in many cases find it disgusting, but as an advocate for homosexual marriage (as I am gay), how can I be against marriage between cousins? How could I go around saying or thinking, "Humans love others humans, irregardless of mass societal disapproval," and then turn around and say cousins should be able to marry each other? Like I said, as strongly as I am against it personally, I will never allow myself to be a hypocrite.
    [CENTER]i found jesus
    [SIZE=1]...
    in a gay bar.
    [/SIZE]
    [/CENTER]
  • artizhay wrote:

Incest is done in the privacy of a home and I have no idea why someone would think it affects anyone besides the two people involved. It's not exactly something you would advertise.

The only problem is that if they choose to have a child, it does affect someone besides themselves.

I understand that one isolated case of incest is unlikely to be any more detrimental than two unrelated people having a child, it's just that if it continues in the same family line, that's when things start to become worrisome. It's pretty easily observed in farm cat populations when there's no Toms from neighbouring farms to add a little diversity to the mix. There's also a group of religious people that live around near where I grew up, and it's not incest but they're not allowed to marry outside their religion, and it seems like almost all of them are related in some way. They have the most intense family trees ever. And I don't know if it's just something people notice because of how closely related they all are, or if it's actually legitimately due to "inbreeding" but quite a few of their kids do end up with disabilities. A child passed away recently due to an illness he was born with.

If you want to be scientific about it, incest is not of evolutionary advantage (but then again, who pays attention to that these days?), and that's likely why it's taboo in the first place.

If people want to do it, I'm not going to stop them, but I wouldn't say I agree with it.
  • Treebark2268 wrote:

We losing our morals? fucking a sibling is messed up.. Hell you don't see monkies fucking eachothers sister (well maybe you do LOL)

The question is whether or not to have incest legalized. If it were to be legalized, it doesn't mean you must go out and have sex with your sister or brother or mother or father.

If gay marriage was legalized, would you go out and marry some other guy, while being a straight male?
    [CENTER]i found jesus
    [SIZE=1]...
    in a gay bar.
    [/SIZE]
    [/CENTER]