Should I break up with him? I like him and all, but..

• Should I break up with him? I like him and all, but..

So, for 3 months I have been dating a guy named Tristan. I like him, he likes me. We get a long good together and I can be myself around him, but sometimes I just think he's not my type. Like he's kind of shy while I am definetly not. I like a guy who can be assertive and actually carry on a conversation in real life, not just when texting. He won't ask for what he wants and he's not as experienced as I am if you know what I mean. Before dating him the farthest I've gone was a blowjob, and with him it took us almost a month to have our first kiss and it was mostly because I initiated it. I don't really want to break up with him because he is a nice guy, he's decent looking, and I don't date very often. I'd say he's "out of my league" in a way, and i don't know... Advice??
      Thaaaanks
    • Re: Should I break up with him? I like him and all, but..

My initial thoughts were much more... testosterone based,
      but If you went into the relationship knowing you were going to have to teach him, you kind of shouldn't expect him to make all the moves. That being said,if I knew you in real life, I would be telling you you should definitely dump him, and that isn't entirely out of the question... if he didn't even make the move to kiss you thats got to be an awkward relationship.
      [CENTER][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

[/CENTER]

mmilagrosr wrote:

So, for 3 months I have been dating a guy named Tristan. I like him, he likes me. We get a long good together and I can be myself around him, but sometimes I just think he's not my type. Like he's kind of shy while I am definetly not. I like a guy who can be assertive and actually carry on a conversation in real life, not just when texting. He won't ask for what he wants and he's not as experienced as I am if you know what I mean. Before dating him the farthest I've gone was a blowjob, and with him it took us almost a month to have our first kiss and it was mostly because I initiated it. I don't really want to break up with him because he is a nice guy, he's decent looking, and I don't date very often. I'd say he's "out of my league" in a way, and i don't know... Advice??
      Thaaaanks

How old are you and are you in the New York area? Hee Hee. I think you should give the shy boy another chance, well not really another chance, but try to teach him and get him to be more aggressive. Hint shit so he takes action AND if he does not learn to be aggressive, then I say you dump his shy ass. That is my advice. Tootles.

Thanks.. I think I might be breaking up with him, idk yet. But my thoughts are that if I have doubts I shouldn't be with him. .... i dunno he can't rly carry on a conversation in real life and he chooses to text most things. :P And the only reason I started the relationship was because he was cute, I barely knew him, and he told me he normally breaks out of his shell after a little while.
      [SIZE="2"][COLOR="DarkOrchid"][FONT="Century Gothic"]This noob aint got no signature. [/FONT][/COLOR][/SIZE]

You only started the relationship because you thought he was cute?
      Well that might be the reason why you are considering breaking up with him... You arent happy. You arent getting enough joy out of the relationship, due to the fact that you only started the relationship because you thought you would.
      [COLOR="Black"][SIZE="2"]Keep your feet on the ground;
      When your head's in the clouds.
      [/SIZE][/COLOR]

you shouldnt break up with him just because hes shy. If you want shit done, then you have to talk to him about it. You could also tell him that he needs to start talking more and maybe being more assertive if he has any chance of being with you.

If you breakup with him then hes going to be broken. Nothing will be the same between you two and he might even start spam texting you asking why you broke up with him. Just talk to him about it and let it go from there.

To be honest, he seems exactly how I used to be, naive and shy. How did I change? The girl told me straight up that I was naive, and when I did not change the next time I met her, she stopped dating me and went back to her ex. That is when I stepped back, and realised how naive I was. Sometimes it takes a couple broken hearts before the person learns from their experiences.

I think that you need to give the boy another chance, talk to him explain how you would wish your relationship to progress, tell him to be more assertive, tell him he needs to try and come more out of his shell. I think its unfair of you to dump him without at least trying to make things work. If you knew that you were more experienced then you must realise that you cant expect him to initiate everything. Some guys are extremely shy and are sooo afraid of going for it incase they mess up what they already have, which is at a guess would be what he is doing. I think the reason you feel this way as some have said is that you only got into this relationship because you thought he was cute, which is not the best way to enter a relationship, there needs to be more than just a physical attraction. Talk to him, and if you still feel this way then yes I would say move on it will be better for both parties if you do end things, but what harm will it do to try and make things work out, who knows you ould be made for each other. Hope things work out well for the both of you. Good luck
      People think the Irish are a bunch of drunks and brawlers, and that makes us soo mad sometimes that we just want to get drunk and punch somebody.