Pregnancy scare

• Pregnancy scare

Ok, so my gf and I had protected sex the 14 of october. The condom didn't break and everything seemed to have went fine. Well, it turns out that she is 7 days late on her period, but she had been sick for about a week before hand. Not to mention, both of us were stressed out to the max dealing with another dilemma.

She doesnt really have alot of pregnancy symptoms except a missed period. However, she describes a weird pain/feeling on her lower left area. Now, she feels like she is getting sick again--- her throat has been hurting her lately. Also, she says that she had to pee alot only for one week, it has stopped now which i found quite weird. She had her last period the 27th of September. She was supposed to get it Mon-Wed of this week. Idk what's going on. What are your thoughts on this? :confused:

The post was edited 1 time, last by yankeefan1758 ().

• Re: Pregnancy scare

If you had protected sex and the condom seemed okay, I think the odds of her being pregnant are slim at this point. When you're sick, it makes the body stress a lot, and stress throws off your period. If you guys are truly worried about it, a pregnancy test can't hurt. As for her other symptoms, she should go get checked out by a doctor. Girls periods are weird, they might skip a month, or just be a few weeks late in general. As I said before, any kind of stress or sickness can throw off a period. Her peeing a lot may be due to the amount she was drinking when she was sick, usually the body craves more fluids when sick to give it energy and vitamins to repair itself.

“We've all got both light and dark inside us. What matters is the part we choose to act on. That's who we really are.”
    -J.K. Rowling

yankeefan1758 wrote:

I think it's stress and her sickness that are throwing off her period.
    How long can stress throw off a period?

Theres no set amount of time that it can do it, it just does. I wish there was a week period that I could tell you, sadly it varies for everybody.

“We've all got both light and dark inside us. What matters is the part we choose to act on. That's who we really are.”
    -J.K. Rowling

Me and my boyfriend had protected sex last year and the condom didn't break but my period came a month and a half late.. I wasn't pregnant. Trust me, I know its really stressful and I'm probably even younger than you, I was 12.. Don't start really stressing, some girls have their period late when they're stressed. Don't start worrying until its like 3 or 4 weeks late. Even then, don't think she's automatically pregnant. If you don't think the home test is reliable, have her go to the doctor and they will tell you for sure.