Acer Aspire 5742 laptop

• Re: Acer Aspire 5742 laptop

lolAcer, that's what I have to say.

Acer is good, but eventually they crap out on you. I don't mean like within several years, I mean pretty soon within a year. Best to look for something like a HP, there is some other laptops RMG would recommend but I forgot what he said so he'll be round.

RMG won't reccomend ACER, Dell, HP, Compaq...

Go for an Asus.
      [LEFT][COLOR="Black"]“Happiness can be found, even in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”[/COLOR][/LEFT]
      [COLOR="DarkRed"][RIGHT]Albus Percival Wulfric Brian Dumbledore - Just chillin' out down here at Kings Cross Station y'all! It's a bit foggy though... what's up with that?[/RIGHT][/COLOR]
      [CENTER][/CENTER]

SE7EN wrote:

Nothing wrong with HP, least I don't think so. Asus are good peoples though, I agree to that.

RMG hates HP, I don't think there's anything wrong with 'em though. My last two laptops have been HP and I've only ever had one problem which they fixed.
      [LEFT][COLOR="Black"]“Happiness can be found, even in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”[/COLOR][/LEFT]
      [COLOR="DarkRed"][RIGHT]Albus Percival Wulfric Brian Dumbledore - Just chillin' out down here at Kings Cross Station y'all! It's a bit foggy though... what's up with that?[/RIGHT][/COLOR]
      [CENTER][/CENTER]

HPs and Acers are the ones coming in to get fixed most at this PC shop I usually go to, mostly heat related issues.

but a friend of mine has a toshiba that heats a LOT just on idle, it probably needs cleaning(warranty covers free cleaning apparently), but it's less than 6 months old.

Everything fails, but toshiba and asus have a better customer care than Acer, at least in most countries.

The laptop I currently have is even below acer in terms of quality, but it's not stock, runs cooler and faster than dem toshibas for a fraction of the price. :cool: graphics are sucky, but for games I have a PS2 and my desktop...

My maths teacher has the same laptop and he overclocked it from 2.1Ghz to 3.6Ghz it heats a fair bit, but it's been working like that for almost a year.

Acer. Well. I have 2 acer laptops, a normal sized one with Vista (yes, I know) and a Acer notebook with Windows 7 starter.. yeah. =\ My normal sized Acer was excellent when I first got it, but it started heating up and eventually a few months or so after I got it, it dies down on me when it gets "too hot" and I have to reboot it a whole lot. Updates killed it too; I had to take it to the place I bought it to get it fixed several times already. Now I can't turn it off, just shut its screen because I'm scared if I manually shut it down, updates will attack it again. >_> It's also been attacked by a ton of viruses too.

I personally like acer & Vista, which everyone else hates it but whatever. HP is probably way better. Since people will complain if I say I like it, then it really depends on you. I probably can't recommend it, but it's just what MY acer did. Not everyones will do that, because I know a couple of people who have Acers and they don't have that problem. So I'm not gonna reccommend it or say it's terrible either. Your choice. :\
      [CENTER][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] [/CENTER]

The post was edited 1 time, last by Scarlet ().

Malcolm wrote:

Laptop brand tiers

God Tier
      Lenovo, Asus

Fuck Yeah Tier
      Apple, Samsung

Pretty Good Tier
      Toshiba, Sony

Bad Tier
      Dell, Gateway

Shit Tier
      HP, Compaq

Pig-Disgusting Tier
      Acer, eMachines

And there you have it ;)

I dunno, Apple laptops are kinda in a class completely of their own lol, i'm not saying their technically better then others. But i'm yet to find someone who bought a macbook and completely reformatted and installed windows as their prime OS.

On the other hand though... I've never seen a laptop with a build quality that can remotely close to macbook pro.
      [CENTER][/CENTER]

The post was edited 2 times, last by xyz123456 ().