Who's Smoked Underage?

• Re: Who's Smoked Underage?

DakotaBlueLover wrote:

I took another one today. I love smoking!

People like you give people a bad name.

I'm not against smoking just wanted to point that out...i smoke on the rare occasion, only when i drink. I think too much exaggeration is placed on the notion that a singular cigarette will ruin your health. It helps me relax and combined with alcohol (and depending on the type) i enjoy the taste.

This may get a lot of flak, but i reckon you should try it out. Just once and then stop, so you can "make an informed choice" later in life.
      Low raise, to the height that of God to men.
      [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

When you're young, you think smoking is cool, you think it's exciting. That's just cuz you know if you get caught you'll get told off. Now, I'm not against smoking, if you start, you start. Hakuna matata. No point lecturing or anything like that because it wont change what's happened. What does irritate me is 6 year olds loitering outside costcutter holding dogends shouting "oi mate, can you light my fag?" and people who don't inhale. So yeah, if you wanna smoke, it's your choice, just be mature about it. Make sure you can feed your own addiction, there's nothing worse than people who bum fags off everyone and never give any back. I feel bad for the amount of... smokables... that I've borrowed off my parents when hard times have hit :P

I was going to say something else too, but thanks to smoking (not the kind of smoking you're doing, dw) I can't remember...

So yeah... Good luck, stay safe, use a filter... erm... Oh yeah, You can't just try smoking and decide to take it up later if you like it. Nicotine is addictive. You can't say to your body "oh yeah, I'll fulfill your cravings in a couple of years" because it'll be like "what the hell man" and you'll get all stressed. And anyway, there's not really anything to like or dislike about smoking, you just do it because you're addicted. I must admit I used to like the smell and taste but nowadays I'm not too keen... It just makes me a generally nice person to be around...

They say you shouldn't smoke in public areas. You should have the wellbeing of others in your best interest. I smoke BECAUSE I have the wellbeing of others in my best interest. No one wants to be yelled at by stressed Mana...

I'm probaby starting to sound like a bit of a dick now so I'll shut up.

But the choice is up to you. Choose wisely.

It's not worth it. The cons far outweigh the pros.
      Pros (well there really are none but I should put one or two)
      -Yeah maybe your friends do it, so you want to fit in, and not feel excluded

Cons
      -Unhealthy
      -Stains teeth/nails etc
      -You stink after a while
      -You may quit, but you'll probably go back to smoking again, and become more addicted than you may have been the previous time.

Don't do it.

dista wrote:

It's not worth it. The cons far outweigh the pros.
      Pros (well there really are none but I should put one or two)
      -Yeah maybe your friends do it, so you want to fit in, and not feel excluded

Cons
      -Unhealthy
      -Stains teeth/nails etc
      -You stink after a while
      -You may quit, but you'll probably go back to smoking again, and become more addicted than you may have been the previous time.

Don't do it.

You haven't listed all the pros. It also relaxes you, stimulates you after sex, smells great, feels great, and it may not look good to some people, but i usually get turned on when i see people smoking.

DakotaBlueLover wrote:

All of my friends are smoking and offering me ciggarettes which I am tempted to take, but i continue to turn them down. But every time I turn them down, I feel that I have missed my chance to try something fun and cool. Did anyone here smoke when they were only 14?
      Note: I haven't taken any ciggarettes and don't intend to. I'm just wondering.

My current boyfriend started me smoking when I was almost 15. - So yes I was 14.
      It's fun because I do it with him. Its cool because I do it with him. The cliche is to say its bad for you, and its not cool and its stupid.

And ok its bad for you and a bit stupid. But crossing the road is bad for you.

Plus post coital cigarette is the fucking best thing in the world.

I'm 15 and have smoked before, I don't now. :) I liked it and miss it lol

---------- Post added at 08:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:27 PM ----------

The weird thing is I smoked everyday for like 2 months, and then just stopped... I wasn't addicted in the slightest. Meh for the best I guess :P

I started smoking when I was around 13-14, and it's something that I've continued to do today.

If you value your health, I'd recommend against it. Personally, it might be simple teenage angst but I'm not too hung up on living past 60 anyways. They say every cigarette takes 5 minutes off the end of your life, but the way I think about it is that those are the worst 5 minutes of your life anyways. I don't want to be shitting myself, hooked up to a machine and struggling to live anyways, so if I go around 60 that's fine by me.

Cigarettes won't give you much in the short term, but I don't think they are as useless or pointless as some people would like you to think. Yeah, you probably won't get high too many times (although nicotine does have one of the best supplementary effects of any drug), but that doesn't mean you don't feel any effects from cigarettes. They will relax you and generally mellow you out, unless of course you are a fiend and need to smoke one every 15 minutes or you get irritated. Personally, I never have cravings strong enough to bug me, and that's true for most people I know who smoke less than a pack a day. I'm around 5-6 cigs a day, and I don't feel like quitting cold turkey would be a problem at all. I don't feel any real desire to smoke a pack a day.

On top of that, no matter what DARE tells you, the simple fact of the matter is that cigarettes are perceived as cool by our culture, and aside from looking cool you will meet a lot of people by being a smoker. I can't tell you the number of times I've stricken up a conversation with someone because I bummed them a cigarette. My involvement with these people has ranged from a nice conversation while we finish our cigarettes to an invitation to a party that turned out to be very chill and a nice change of pace.

I'm not saying there's a logical reason to why sucking down a burning stick of leaves is seen as cool in our society, but regardless as to why, it still is.
      [CENTER]"Young King, pay me in gold."
      [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC][/CENTER]

Dr.Carter wrote:

I started smoking when I was around 13-14, and it's something that I've continued to do today.

If you value your health, I'd recommend against it. Personally, it might be simple teenage angst but I'm not too hung up on living past 60 anyways. They say every cigarette takes 5 minutes off the end of your life, but the way I think about it is that those are the worst 5 minutes of your life anyways. I don't want to be shitting myself, hooked up to a machine and struggling to live anyways, so if I go around 60 that's fine by me.

Cigarettes won't give you much in the short term, but I don't think they are as useless or pointless as some people would like you to think. Yeah, you probably won't get high too many times (although nicotine does have one of the best supplementary effects of any drug), but that doesn't mean you don't feel any effects from cigarettes. They will relax you and generally mellow you out, unless of course you are a fiend and need to smoke one every 15 minutes or you get irritated. Personally, I never have cravings strong enough to bug me, and that's true for most people I know who smoke less than a pack a day. I'm around 5-6 cigs a day, and I don't feel like quitting cold turkey would be a problem at all. I don't feel any real desire to smoke a pack a day.

On top of that, no matter what DARE tells you, the simple fact of the matter is that cigarettes are perceived as cool by our culture, and aside from looking cool you will meet a lot of people by being a smoker. I can't tell you the number of times I've stricken up a conversation with someone because I bummed them a cigarette. My involvement with these people has ranged from a nice conversation while we finish our cigarettes to an invitation to a party that turned out to be very chill and a nice change of pace.

I'm not saying there's a logical reason to why sucking down a burning stick of leaves is seen as cool in our society, but regardless as to why, it still is.

This 100%
      [CENTER][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

[/CENTER]

I smoke, but not tobacco, i smoke the green at 14 and im 16 now. Its costly yes (depending on what you buy) but not addicting. Though if you do keep the smoke in you to long you will lose brain cells, and will affect memory loss. That and a couple of more things like sperm count and the way your preference is in bed. Those are facts for guys. Girls well, im fine. :)

Dont try ciggs just dont, and i dont encourage you to smoke the green either. im just saying :)