New town, no friends

• New town, no friends

I have just moved to Brisbane from up north, I have always had friends from school and always dated girls that I'm friends with so I haven't really had to make friends fore like 7 years. Now I'm here and I know a few people but they are too far away to see very often. I've read a couple of internet sites that say just go talk to someone, or join a club, make friends with your friends friends. The majority of my friends are on Uni holidays back home, I don't really have any mmm multi-player hobbies, I mostly like reading and movies and that jazz. Can't really talk to someone everyone has headphones in all the time and what do I say? I have had a few quick conversations with people at train stations and cashiers but i don't really know how to go from, "think it will rain today?" to "whats your number? we should grab a beer sometime". Also at work people I work with are atleast 10 years older than me. Kinda looking for a group of people my age that we can just dick around and play video games and do all that other teenage stuff. Any advice?
    • Re: New town, no friends

Bars...bars are heaven for meeting people...its a bit shitty to go on your own to be honest, but...you have a good chance of meeting people. Just put yourself in social situations, fuck the awkwardness or nerves off, just go for it. Ive moved around a lot in my life so i know its tough, but dont sit back and waste time, itll only get worse.
      "I love slippers so much that my wife once jokingly suggested I change my name to Arthur Slippers, how we laughed when I reminded her that it was, in fact, already my name!!"
      - Arthur Slippers.