Crushing on my friend's father...pt.2

• Crushing on my friend's father...pt.2

I've posted on here before, about this very subject. However, a lot has happened since May. Let me start by saying I turn 20 next month & he's about to turn 43. He is married & also my friend's father. I am VERY close w/ their family, so I would never do anything to jeopardize his marriage or his family. I don't even try to let on that I like him. His family honestly has no idea, but I think he might suspect I have a crush on him. I've known his daughter (my friend) for over a year & known him a little over 8 months.

I want to also say that although I don't plan on messing up his marriage or his family, I don't like the way he's treated by any of them. I love his wife to death, but she can be really mean to him. She'll call him names & threaten to hit him (although she probably never would) & yells at him a lot (I've seen it for myself). Also, my friend always gets smart w/ him & it almost seems she can never say anything nice TO him or about him. Whenever they treat him this way, he always looks so sad & it hurts me, because he's a total sweetheart to me. He can be a smarta**, but who isn't?

He seems attracted to me too & I've been trying to figure out this entire time whether he actually has a crush on me or not. He'll stare at me often (sometimes when he thinks nobody is looking & other times, he'll just let me catch him), he'll have really intimate eye contact w/ me; he smiles at me or around me, he'll try to flirt w/ me or use any excuse to talk to me, he says my name a lot; he's pretty quiet in general, but he seems shy & nervous around me; he tries to make me jealous because yesterday, he was stroking his wife's back & was staring at me & saw that I got jealous; he playfully teases me/picks on me (he doesn't do this to any other of our [me & his daughter's] friends); he has called me a "beautiful soul", told me to "smile more often", praises me when needed; whenever we're walking somewhere, he'll walk behind me & if he ever gets in front of me, he'll make a point out of getting back behind me by doing the "ladies first" gesture; whenever we're around each other, he pays most attention to me; one time I had a status on FB asking people to describe me in 3 words..he said "silly, crazy & sweet" & when I asked him "crazy in a good way, right?" he said "of course baby, of course ;) " ; a couple of times, he has touched my shoulder by playfully, lightly smacking it (not in a bad way lol); etc.

I'm obviously not going to do anything about it, but do you think he might have a thing for me too?
    • Re: Crushing on my friend's father...pt.2

damn flip, what are you into! hahaha

Honestly, it sounds like he is just being nice to you, staring at you alot because you are somebody he probably doesnt see as often as the rest of his family, I think you might be reading some of these things wrong, to be honest.

I think it would be a very bad idea for you guys to make anything of it, it would destroy his family and would give you a terrible reputation as a girl who 'breaks up familys'

do you think you could just find somebody else and get over him?
    • Re: Crushing on my friend's father...pt.2

No, I'm definitely in love w/ him lol. It's been like 6 months since I last commented & the feeling is still stronger than ever & I haven't seen him in almost 9 months. I never, EVER said in any of my postings, that I was going to try to have an affair w/ him or anything. I can't mess anything up if nobody in their family knows how I feel about him.
    • Just an update. I am over him. I haven't seen him in 5 years as I moved away from there just after my friend graduated. I've seen his family since then, but he was at work. I might be visiting them in a couple of weeks. I don't know what it'll be like if he's home. He deleted me off of Facebook a couple of months ago. I tried to add him back, he denied it and removed his "Add Friend" option. I have no idea why he's pushed me away completely. I don't dare ask his wife or daughter because they'd want to know why I care.