A bit of anxiousness at work.

• A bit of anxiousness at work.

Sup TH ?
      Got a wee bit of a problem with a part time job I have, wonder if you guys could help?
      I work at the staduim of a local sports team, I got the job a few months ago, and I work every few weeks on home games. To book a shift they text you a number to ring, you ring that nubmer and book a shift that way.
      For the next game, they texted me midday today, when I was at school and didn't have my phone, so I only booked a shift when I got home, hours later.
      I was told the job I usually do was full up and would have to do another job that I've never usually done before.
      I think that job may involve using a till, which I've never done before, and I'm kinda nervous about having to use one and just mucking up, or making people angry or whatever, or keeping peopel waiting and stuff.
      Any advce for a guy who is a bit nervous of doing something he fears he many not be good at whilst at work ?, cheers x :)
      [RIGHT][SIZE=3]we each owe a death, [/SIZE][SIZE=3]there are no exceptions ,[/SIZE][SIZE=3]but sometimes, oh god, [/SIZE][/RIGHT]
      [RIGHT][SIZE=3]the green mile seems so long.[/SIZE][/RIGHT]
      [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    • Re: A bit of anxiousness at work.

Ahaha I was trained on checkouts at my last job in a department store. But that involves scanning things etc which I imagine would be very different to what you'd be doing. If it's anything like teh stadium here you'll have a till with a shite load of buttons for different things and you press teh buttons for the things they order and it gives you a total price. These tills take longer to learn to use as you have to learn where everything is.
      [LEFT][COLOR="Black"]“Happiness can be found, even in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”[/COLOR][/LEFT]
      [COLOR="DarkRed"][RIGHT]Albus Percival Wulfric Brian Dumbledore - Just chillin' out down here at Kings Cross Station y'all! It's a bit foggy though... what's up with that?[/RIGHT][/COLOR]
      [CENTER][/CENTER]
    • Re: A bit of anxiousness at work.

Cheers for the response guys.

and yeah I know they won't expect me to be awesome at it, I just don't want to have people getting pissed off at me or customers getting annoyed or whatever.
      One of my mates who works there who has always used a til said they'd train me first, but I'd still feel bloody nervous about using one for the first time, especially as it gets pretty rammed during half time.
      and Bazinga, yeah, the tills I saw used in the job I usually do had a quite a few buttons on, although the til I could be using next time SHOULD have less buttons on it, as they sell less stuff that the place I was at before.

cheers for your help dudes.
      [RIGHT][SIZE=3]we each owe a death, [/SIZE][SIZE=3]there are no exceptions ,[/SIZE][SIZE=3]but sometimes, oh god, [/SIZE][/RIGHT]
      [RIGHT][SIZE=3]the green mile seems so long.[/SIZE][/RIGHT]
      [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]