Pregnancy and stuff, question.

• Pregnancy and stuff, question.

Ok so, it's pretty common knowledge that if you get your period, you're not pregnant. But I've read accounts of women who have had regular periods all through pregnancy, and the internet mentioned that even if you get a period after the possible conception, you could still be pregnant.

Anyone know from first hand (or second hand) experience the technicalities of this?

Arigatou gozaimasu :)
    • Re: Pregnancy and stuff, question.

There is absolutely no way you can get your period when pregnant. Period happens when the lining built up in your uterus sheds because the egg wasn't fertilized.
      However, the bleeding can still happen in the early months of pregnancy. Parts of the lining still shed a bit 'cause they haven't attached to the placenta completely. Hormones do that to you. Still, it's NOT period.

There are other reasons why bleeding can happen. It can indicate a complication so it's important to know what normal and what's abnormal and see a doc if needed.
    • Re: Pregnancy and stuff, question.

I'm not actually pregnant. I had an... incident a couple of days ago, but then I got my period so decided I didnt need to bother with the morning after pill. But then I did a quick google and a website said something about having a period during the early weeks (I think) that's either early, late or lighter than normal can mean you aren't not pregnant... I'm trying to find the site that said that now...

I don't think I need to worry, just wanted to make sure as reading that made me think...

EDIT:

pregnancy.about.com/od/signssymptoms/g/abnormalperiod.htm

womens-health.co.uk/symptoms.html

The post was edited 1 time, last by Mana ().