please help! i need your advice on this

• please help! i need your advice on this

I know this post is long but please read it I need your help

When I was younger my dad and I were really close. We did everything together. Him and my mom had me when they were 17 and my mom was so mean to him. She was really hypocritical and she was just horrible. So they never got married and she wouldnt let me meet him until I was 3. My dad was always taking me out with his girlfriends and stuff and he never left me out. Then when I was 8 he met this girl named Tiffany and I really liked her. She was a great friend and my dad loved her. They moved in together and she started spending ALL of his money. He told me one night when he was driving me home that he would break up with her. That's when she told him he was pregnant and he asked her to MARRY HIM!! THey spent a LOT of money on the wedding and a few weeks before it she said that she lost the baby. After they got married my dad started being a jerk and never wanted to do anything unless it was play online games on the computer or it was something Tiffany wanted to do.
      The schools that were where I lived were horrible so my dad let me use his address to go to the schools in his district. Last school year he decided that I couldnt use his address unless I lived with him. So I moved there and I couldnt stand his wife. She was a fat pig that only wanted my dad for herself and she didnt work but spent all of the money on herself. In the middle of the school year I was at track practice and I sprained my ankle. I tried calling everone and nobody would answer thier phone. I called Tiffany like 5 times and I was about to give up and just walk home with my ankle how it was. Then I found one of my friends and they offered me a ride. When I got home I found Tiffany sitting on her but in front of the TV eating cheetos with her phone right next to her. THey hadnt put any money in my account that morning so I didnt get to eat lunch or breakfast so I was hungry. I told Tiffany and she said to wait until my dad got home from work. I waited like three hours for him to come and when he got the tiffany asked him to go do something outside. H said hed be done in like five mins. Then when he finished Tiffany went out there and started making out with him. I was getting so irritated so when he came inside I had a little attitude. I knew I shouldt have but I was pretty mad. He asked me what was wrong and I wouldnt say anything so he told me to go to my room. I shut the door and I didnt know he was behind me and he said I slammed it in his face. He punched a hole through the door and pulled pieces off of it until there was nothing left but the hinges. I told him that I was done and that I was going home. So the next day I moved out of his house. He actually had the nerve to show up with his wife at my piano recital like a week later. I havent seen him since. I miss my family on his side and I miss all of my own friends. I keep telling myself that its all my fault and that I shouldt have been so stupid. Its tearing me apart. I cant stop having nightmares about it. Should I forgive him? I feel horrible because I know that Ill never be able to be friends with him because in the past almost year that ive been gone he has a new baby and hell never leave Tiffany. NObody I've talked to can give me an answer except to just let him go. I just cant though. WHAT DO I DO???
    • Re: please help! i need your advice on this

first of all this is not your fault. Maybe you should talk to your dad through a conversation about what is going on and how you feel about being treated. I think it was smart to move out, because it seems like you fathers' marital problems are becoming your problems and that is not good at all. that is a tough spot where you are, and although hard it would be best to forgive your dad. No one is perfect. I hope things work out
      Have any other concerns or just want to talk? Go ahead. Pm me.

i agree with you completely. the problem is i tried to talk to him. i sent him a few messages on facebook and apparently hes talking to his wife about it and she keeps trying to turn him against me.he says he misses me and everything but he just keeps denying everything i say:(

If I were you, I'd tell him how you feel about all this. You two used to be close, so tell him that you want that again. Start off that way, and then explain to him what happened that day you moved out. Tell him what had been happening between the two of you, because he may not have realized it. Adults can be just as clueless as us teens, so we just have to show them what's right in front of them sometimes :rolleyes:.

Anyway, one thing that might get to him is saying "Dad, I need you." If your father cares about you, hearing his child say "I need you" is something that will draw his attention right away, and should make him listen, and possibly change. Obviously now he won't leave his new wife, but if you show him you want back in his life, and if he wants it too, you two would have to make some compromises. If he's willing, his compromise would have to include a little more attention being paid to you instead of Tiffany. Your compromise would be dealing with her and the new baby.

Overall, say sorry for not explaining to him what was happening, because that's the only thing that was your fault. Because if your dad didn't know what was wrong how could he have helped? Though he is at fault for not balancing you and his new wife. He did it when she was a girlfriend, and now he couldn't as a wife? It seems things just got hectic in his life. He married a woman because she got pregnant, and then got stuck with her after the miscarriage. His actions that came from that are not your fault at all. For now, just try and talk to him. Getting over a parent is not the same as getting over a boyfriend or something, it's so much harder. So try talking to him first. Ask him to keep conversations between you two, because this is personal and you don't want his wife involved.
      [LEFT][SIZE=2]"Adapt and Overcome"[/SIZE][/LEFT]
      [RIGHT]"Funny how the truth sounds so cliche"[/RIGHT]
      [RIGHT]~Jack Ingram[/RIGHT]
      [CENTER]
      [SIZE=1][/SIZE][/CENTER]

The post was edited 1 time, last by Trillium ().

If I were you I'd try to call and tell him that you just want to talk to him alone or meet up with him. I mean there's only so much you can do right?but I mean keep trying maybe he'll come around someday. But I think the thing that keeps you there is that you know how good it can be and that's why you keep trying because as long as you know it can be good all the bad doesn't matter. But there's only so much you can do until you really know you just can't force him to do anything. But you should only be sorry if you mean it. I mean it's not all your fault, and maybe ts not your fault at all but if it feels that way your going to think it is and until you stop thinking it's all your fault nothing will ever get better.