Foods That Burn Belly Fat

• Foods That Burn Belly Fat

As the intentions of our New Year’s resolutions slowly slip away from us as January turns into February and the rest of the year passes us by; we lose our aspirations for the goals we have intended year after year to keep. Losing weight is a well known and well intended aspiration that slowly falls behind as other more future pressing events take shape in our day to day lives.

However, through the successful and efficient plan in choosing the correct fat burning foods there is little if no work involved in burning off unwanted fat that’s been clogging up arteries and more importantly, burning off that undesired body fat!

Through foods intoxicated with nutrients, vitamins and flavor; that body fat will simply be an unmissed memory of 2011! This is the year where change happens and fat loses it’s grip on you:

There are eight foods that will burn belly fat and make that New Year Resolution not just obtainable, but easy. Here is a list of foods that burn belly fat.

Salmon: is fully loaded with protein and Omega-3 amino fatty acids improving your metabolism and burning more fat. The fatty acids inherent in this food also increase cardiovascular health which helps your body in the fight against heart disease.

Turkey
      : is packed with protein for higher calorie burning and is also naturally lower in fat compared to chicken and other meats not mentioned specifically in this diet.

Beef: (particularly lean beef) is loaded with protein and it also contains iron which is essential for the creation of hemoglobin in your red blood cells.

Green Tea: is an essential fat burning drink due mainly to the EGCG contained within it which stimulates your brain and nervous system causing your body to burn a much higher rate of calories. Green tea also has effective antioxidants and extensive research has shown it to even reduce the risk of various types of cancers. Furthermore, green tea has been proven to help lower overall cholesterol levels and improve the ratio of good cholesterol to bad cholesterol.

Skim Milk: contains significant amounts of calcium which helps increase your metabolism and burn those unwanted calories! There has been extensive research which shows that those who drink milk or low-fat dairy products daily, have less body fat ratios than those who don’t. Skim milk is best, but 1% milk is a good alternative.

Edamame: are soy beans which have been lightly boiled and salted. These beans are an excellent source of protein, Vitamin C, iron, and calcium! They also contain 0g of saturated fats, so enjoy them as often as you’d like.

Broccoli: is a well known super food that you can never eat enough of. It is packed with nutrients including calcium, vitamin A, vitamin C, folic acid, and fiber. The calcium, vitamin C and fiber all aid in burning fat and increasing your metabolism. Also it is full of antioxidants that provide a multitude of health benefits! Including, decreasing the risk of heart disease and various types of cancers.

Oats: are a great source of selenium which boosts your energy and enhances your immune system by producing antibodies. They are also a great food to fill up on as they are loaded with fiber!

Make 2011 count and don’t waste this opportunity to lose fat and lose it quickly and easily! The best time to start is now! And with a method as easy as this, there’s no point in waiting for tomorrow to start losing fat and eating healthy. This is no mere New Year’s Resolution, but a lifestyle which starts now!
    • Re: Foods That Burn Belly Fat

I swear by green tea! Some of those foods are really good when trying to lose weight.
      Green tea speeds up metabolism and it also detoxes the body. Exercise is probably the best way though. Not eating makes my tummy goes flat as a pancake. I love it.
      [CENTER][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC][/CENTER]

[CENTER][SIZE="4"]<3[/SIZE][/CENTER]

BodyBuilder wrote:

Any protein burns fat. Keep to the meats as much as possible.

If you want to burn any kind of fat at all, exercise is the answer. You would need to burn calories, and the easiest way is to do a full body workout+cardio.

I dunno if I agree about the meat thing :s.
      I lost like 10lbs when I turned vegetarian.
      [CENTER][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC][/CENTER]

[CENTER][SIZE="4"]<3[/SIZE][/CENTER]

BodyBuilder wrote:

Any protein burns fat. Keep to the meats as much as possible.

Meats aren't the only thing that contain protein, and they also don't contain only protein.

Anyway, excess protein can also be stored as fat. Maybe it takes more energy to break down and process protein when you eat it (I don't know for sure, I just don't know what other reason there could be), but that's like saying celery is a negative-calorie food. If you're trying to loose a substantial amount of weight, it's not going to make very much of a difference. It's more about how much you eat - like Frosty said, a calorie deficit.

Muppy wrote:

I dunno if I agree about the meat thing :s.
      I lost like 10lbs when I turned vegetarian.

Probably all lean mass.

Scaredycrow wrote:

Maybe it takes more energy to break down and process protein when you eat it (I don't know for sure, I just don't know what other reason there could be)

Yeah fairly sure protein does require more energy to break down than either carbs or fat, but that's not exactly "burning fat".

Having said that a diet rich in protein-dense foods is generallypretty good for fat loss.

Scaredycrow wrote:

Meats aren't the only thing that contain protein, and they also don't contain only protein.

You could also eat eggs, protien shakes, nuts, soy products, and dairy. But the reason I said meats is because they contain a large amounts of protein compared to other choices...

Scaredycrow wrote:

Anyway, excess protein can also be stored as fat. Maybe it takes more energy to break down and process protein when you eat it (I don't know for sure, I just don't know what other reason there could be), but that's like saying celery is a negative-calorie food. If you're trying to loose a substantial amount of weight, it's not going to make very much of a difference. It's more about how much you eat - like Frosty said, a calorie deficit.

Taken from a site found by a simple google search.

Eating more protein to burn fat was confirmed in a study published in the American Journal of Physiology.
      One group was fed a high protein diet (just over one gram per pound of body weight per day) while the second group consumed a protein diet near equal to that of the RDA.
      The group eating the high protein diet burned more fat than the group consuming protein near equal to the RDA.
      One reason for the ability of protein to burn fat could be an increased "thermic" effect. The thermic effect of the RDA group was elevated 16% after eating.
      However, in the high protein group the thermic effect increased 42% after eating, almost 3 times that of the RDA group.
      This thermic effect of digesting your food peaks approximately one hour after eating.
      Spreading your daily caloric intake over 6 meals a day, eating every 2 to 3 hours, helps to take advantage of the increased metabolic rate that accompanies eating.
      In other words, the more often you eat, the higher your metabolic rate, i.e. the number of calories your body burns each day. In addition, by adding more protein to each meal, you also increase your metabolism. Your body requires more energy (i.e. calories) to process protein than it does carbohydrates.

:cade:
      [SIZE=4]Jesus. [/SIZE][SIZE=4]
      [/SIZE]
      [SIZE=4]
      [/SIZE]

I wasn’t in contention with the fact that it takes more energy to process, just that it “burns fat”. Sure, part of the calories you eat go to metabolizing food (and more of them go to protein), but you’ve had to ingest more calories in order to get that effect. You haven’t exactly burned fat. At the very least, to say "protein burns fat" is a false statement - it's just that to me, it says "eat as much protein as you want and you'll burn fat", when overeating too much of any macronutrient isn't going to help with weight loss.

I really would have liked to see the design of that study but unfortunately, I can’t find it anywhere. :(

I did find this though:
      The Effects of High Protein Diets on Thermogenesis, Satiety and Weight Loss: A Critical Review -- Halton and Hu 23 (5): 373 -- Journal of the American College of Nutrition

Our review suggests that higher protein diets may significantly increase total weight lost and possibly percentage of fat lost when compared to a lower protein diet in the short term. Possible mechanisms include an increased satiety and decreased subsequent energy intake with higher protein diets. All 5 investigations that utilized an ad lib intake found significantly increased weight lost with the higher protein regimens in the short term studies (6 months or less). A higher thermogenesis for protein is a possible mechanism as well, but the studies included in this review were of too short a duration for this to be conclusive; if it does have an effect, this higher thermogenesis is likely to be noticeable only in the longer term. Another possible mechanism is the displacement of carbohydrate, especially refined carbohydrate, in the diet by dietary protein. There is emerging evidence that high glycemic, refined carbohydrates decrease satiety and increase subsequent energy intake [48]. It is likely that several of these mechanisms are working together and are related to one another.

I’m not saying increasing protein isn’t a bad thing - hey, even the DRI’s allow for 15-35% of energy from protein, and we’re on the short end of that (about 16%). Just for reference to the study you cited: the RDA would also be on the lower end of that range, while the higher end would be even more than what the high protein group was fed.

Regardless, “daily activity” accounts for higher amount energy expenditure in a day than the thermic effect, and total calories + daily activity is something you have control over to a much larger degree. :)

[FONT=&quot]Fat burning foods are foods that burn more calories than the calorie content of the food itself, thereby fighting stored fat. There are certain foods which actually burn fatter than the calorie content of the food itself. These fat burning foods are natural plant foods. If you eat these fat burning foods and do some exercise, it will boost your metabolism and burn more calories fat a faster rate for several hours even after exercise.[/FONT]