im preggo and idk how to tell my mom and dad

• im preggo and idk how to tell my mom and dad

well 2 weeks ago me and my bf lost our virginitys to each other.we were ready to do it. we used a condom but i guess it didnt work im only 14 i just turned 14 2 months ago i really need help. i have got help for my other problems but im still so scared. please help me!! btw my bf if 14 also and also just turned 14 2 months ago

The post was edited 1 time, last by jessica_14 ().

• Re: im preggo and idk how to tell my mom and dad

Okay, calm down just a little bit here. You said that this only happened two weeks ago. That leads me to ask whether or not you are absolutely sure you are pregnant. And if you are sure... how do you know? Did you miss a period and take a test? Before we worry about how to talk to your parents, we should really be sure that you really are pregnant.

jessica_14 wrote:

yes i missed my period and took a test and it was positive so just to make sure i went to a walk in doctor and again it was positive

I know it might sound weird but there can be false positives. Not sure how early this can be done but you can have blood test taken just to make absolutely sure you are pregnant.

If you are sure have you considered your options?

- Kiae

there is no easy way to break such news to your parents. just tell them you want to talk to them and be honest about it.
      but are you aware what kind of responsibility comes with having a baby? you know.. it's nothing like playing with dolls... you should talk to your parents about it as soon as possible.
      [CENTER]
      [/CENTER]

Adri wrote:

there is no easy way to break such news to your parents. just tell them you want to talk to them and be honest about it.
      but are you aware what kind of responsibility comes with having a baby? you know.. it's nothing like playing with dolls... you should talk to your parents about it as soon as possible.

Exactly.

I'm all for you keeping this baby (I'm the "if you laid down and it it..." type) but do you really realize the responsibility? In the end it will be your parents responsible for this child. You just turned 14 and I'm sure you don't have a job. Who's going to be buying the clothes, the food, the furniture, etc. You will be giving up your social life for this child and you have to think about your parents. They didn't sign up for this and you have to think about that.

I realize you're considering keeping the baby, but if you do, you'll be raising it in a very bad environment. Your parents will have to take some of the slack for you, which could be hard on them, your relationship is not strong enough to hold together with that (no 14 yr old has that relationship), and even a small slip-up on your part will have child services down your back. They'll take your child and put him/her in a foster home.

I'm not saying you're not good enough to have a kid, you're just not ready yet. There's a reason its illegal for you to have sex.

---------- Post added at 02:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:01 PM ----------

you don't know how to use a condom correctly, so how do you plan on being able to raise a new life into the world?

zachariah wrote:

I realize you're considering keeping the baby, but if you do, you'll be raising it in a very bad environment. Your parents will have to take some of the slack for you, which could be hard on them, your relationship is not strong enough to hold together with that (no 14 yr old has that relationship), and even a small slip-up on your part will have child services down your back. They'll take your child and put him/her in a foster home.

I'm not saying you're not good enough to have a kid, you're just not ready yet. There's a reason its illegal for you to have sex.

I can just agree.

People can be very closed minded. I'm glad you've decided to keep the baby, so many people are pressured into giving up babies because society deem them not ready, especially unmarried mothers a few decades ago. Quite a few of my fiends are young mums, not quite as young as 14, but still young enough to get dirty looks from old ladies.

I'm no expert on the subject, but I'm sure there's support available if you look in the right places. Do your research and make sure you're prepared.

As for talking to your parents, make sure you do it when there are no other distractions. They'll probably be angry at first, but hopefully they'll be okay once they've calmed down. Make sure you tell them that you've made your descision. Dont let them pressure you into anything.

In a worst case scenario, if you end up getting kicked out (I dont get how anyone could do that either, but I've heard of it happening before), get down the council. You're under 18 and pregnant, you should be high priority, although knowing the council (around here, anyway, I dont know where you live) high priority=we might do something at some point and low priority=we probably wont. (I have a pregnant friend who is homeless and not receiving any money. Council fails.)