im preggo and idk how to tell my mom and dad

• Re: im preggo and idk how to tell my mom and dad

zachariah wrote:

I realize you're considering keeping the baby, but if you do, you'll be raising it in a very bad environment. Your parents will have to take some of the slack for you, which could be hard on them, your relationship is not strong enough to hold together with that (no 14 yr old has that relationship), and even a small slip-up on your part will have child services down your back. They'll take your child and put him/her in a foster home.

I'm not saying you're not good enough to have a kid, you're just not ready yet. There's a reason its illegal for you to have sex.

---------- Post added at 02:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:01 PM ----------

you don't know how to use a condom correctly, so how do you plan on being able to raise a new life into the world?

Exactly.Kids shouldn't have kids.

Let's say you want to raise the child.Okay, you've got a job, you're home schooled. But what next? You're gonna need WAY more money.

Citky wrote:

Sounds naive if you ask me.

Just tell them maybe?They're going to find out anyways :)

This.
      The longer you put it off the harder it will be. I know my mom would be pissed either way but she would be more upset if I didn't tell her when i found out.

Your parents are going to be more involved in the raising of this child than you realize, it's like them being parents all over again. I suggest you tell them now, best for everyone.

Good luck, do what's right, and keep us updated.
      - Kiae

hey this is jason jessica bf.....look we want to keep our child and raise him or her. and btw we know how to use a condom but its not 100% safe....jessica is so nervous about telling her mom and dad then we have to tell my mom this is not easy for us but we are doing wat we think we should witch is keeping that baby

See, this is exactly why kids shouldn't be having sex. You don't ever think before doing it.
      YOU'RE HAVING SEX FOR THE FIRST TIME AND YOU DON'T USE CONTRACEPTIVES WTF IS WRONG WITH YOU.

Getting a baby is KARMA. It's a punishment for not thinking it through and for not having safe sex when you're barely a teenager.

jessica_14 wrote:

hey this is jason jessica bf.....look we want to keep our child and raise him or her. and btw we know how to use a condom but its not 100% safe....jessica is so nervous about telling her mom and dad then we have to tell my mom this is not easy for us but we are doing wat we think we should witch is keeping that baby

At least it's safer than not using it you twat
      [SIZE=3]Allow me to hold your[/SIZE] [SIZE=1](the ignorant masses and hordes of uncouth)[/SIZE][SIZE=3] face under the putrescent waters of knowledge[/SIZE]

The post was edited 1 time, last by Ne0 ().

watever. i may only be 14 my bf also but we are both really good with babies and love them. we both want to keep the baby and we are going to its the right thing to do. plus we love each other and we made love to each other and the condom didnt work it happens sometimes but still me and jason are happy with having a child nervous but happy

The post was edited 1 time, last by jessica_14 ().

Before telling your parents calm down and talk to your boyfriend about options.

No matter what every pregnant woman has 3 choices.

- Abortion
      - Adoption
      - Parenting

Depending on your belief you may take out abortion as an option.

Lots of communities have pregnancy options counseling, see if your community does. :) they can inform you of all pros and cons of each thing.

Before telling your parents choose the option for you or at least do some research on each one and have a favored one. Sit down with your parents and just tell them. Every parent will say, "What will you do?" That's when you ask their opinions and tell them your preferred option.

Sometimes parents react in unexpected ways. Do not spend a lot of time going over every little thing they may say. Sit down and blurt it out. You'll figure out what to say after that trust me I'd know.

PS.

My parents are heavily religious. I told them and they support me. I have chosen parenting. I wish you luck and if you have any questions on this subject feel free to inbox me.
      [CENTER][SIZE=4]"Friends will keep you sane, Love could fill your heart, A lover can warm your bed, But lonely is the soul without a mate." [/SIZE][/CENTER]

Calm down and lets think about this. You should prepare yourself for the people you are talking to and their reaction. Sit them down, and let them know in a calm logical voice. Listen to them and try to reason things out. You may have to consider adoption, as unfavorable as it is, it may come up during the conversation. I hope things work out, good luck
      Have any other concerns or just want to talk? Go ahead. Pm me.

jessica_14 wrote:

my bf has money too we want to raise our child together we made love and now we are having a child but i still need a way to talk to my mom and dad

Your boyfriend has money too, what are the two of you talking about $7.50 in allowance money? I'm sorry, I don't mean for this to come off as harsh as it probably will, but the two of you need to wake your asses up now. You are wandering around blindly, not having the slightest clue what you are getting into. You both honestly don't have the slightest clue what it costs to have a baby. Even supposing that your parents have good health insurance and the actual act of having the baby costs nothing, here's what you are looking at just for the first year:

Baby formula 120 bucks a month x 6 months = $720
      Solid baby food for the next six months, 70 bucks a month = $420
      Diapers and wipes, 112 bucks a month = $1344
      Clothing, probably 300 or so to get started, then another 300 at 6 or 8 months = $600
      Incidentals, figure another 40 a month = $480
      Infant car seat = $150
      Stroller = $120
      Diaper bag, bedding, crib mattress, feeding stuff, bath stuff = $290
      Crib = $250
      High chair = $90

Total cost of baby stuff just for the first year = +$4500

That's a very, very lowballed estimate too, it will almost undoubtedly cost a lot more. Whatever irrelevant babysitting job or whatever that a 14 year old can have is not even going to scratch the surface of what this is really going to cost, so don't pretend you can afford a baby. It's your parents that will end up having to support him/her.

Then lets talk about the two of you. I wasn't sure of this so I just did the research on it. Do you want to know what the statistical chances are of two 14 year olds who have a baby still being together by the time they turn eighteen? Less than one percent. So for every one hundred sets of 14 year olds that are saying right now "We are awesome! We are having a baby together! Why wouldn't this all work out? Look at how great we are making bad decisions together!" Only one of their relationships actually survive just four more years... that's to say nothing of the fifty or so after that.

I don't agree with abortion either, but I do agree with recognizing when you are incapable of competently raising a child and giving it to an adoptive family who is better equipped.

Jenna wrote:

Your boyfriend has money too, what are the two of you talking about $7.50 in allowance money? I'm sorry, I don't mean for this to come off as harsh as it probably will, but the two of you need to wake your asses up now. You are wandering around blindly, not having the slightest clue what you are getting into. You both honestly don't have the slightest clue what it costs to have a baby. Even supposing that your parents have good health insurance and the actual act of having the baby costs nothing, here's what you are looking at just for the first year:

Baby formula 120 bucks a month x 6 months = $720
      Solid baby food for the next six months, 70 bucks a month = $420
      Diapers and wipes, 112 bucks a month = $1344
      Clothing, probably 300 or so to get started, then another 300 at 6 or 8 months = $600
      Incidentals, figure another 40 a month = $480
      Infant car seat = $150
      Stroller = $120
      Diaper bag, bedding, crib mattress, feeding stuff, bath stuff = $290
      Crib = $250
      High chair = $90

Total cost of baby stuff just for the first year = +$4500

That's a very, very lowballed estimate too, it will almost undoubtedly cost a lot more. Whatever irrelevant babysitting job or whatever that a 14 year old can have is not even going to scratch the surface of what this is really going to cost, so don't pretend you can afford a baby. It's your parents that will end up having to support him/her.

Then lets talk about the two of you. I wasn't sure of this so I just did the research on it. Do you want to know what the statistical chances are of two 14 year olds who have a baby still being together by the time they turn eighteen? Less than one percent. So for every one hundred sets of 14 year olds that are saying right now "We are awesome! We are having a baby together! Why wouldn't this all work out? Look at how great we are making bad decisions together!" Only one of their relationships actually survive just four more years... that's to say nothing of the fifty or so after that.

I don't agree with abortion either, but I do agree with recognizing when you are incapable of competently raising a child and giving it to an adoptive family who is better equipped.

She took the words right out of my mouth. Even if you both do want to keep this baby (and lets assume you 2 might have the slight chance at staying together even though its doubtful), 2 JUST TURNING 14 year old haven't the slightest clue how to raise a baby, or the let alone the cost. It is an extremely selfish act to keep this baby, because I'm guessing when the milk money runs out mommy and daddy will pick up the slack right?

She is also being extremely generous with the figure amounts too. It could go well beyond this.

What about college? Especially seeing as sooner or later you will have to start thinking about it. Baby will be 5 by then, ready to start school. How will you pay for that, plus schooling for the both of you, your books, clothing, etc.

Think about these things.

- Kiae

again im not giving my child away and we already have ALOT of the stuff we need for the baby and no im not talking about like 7 $ a week he sold alot of stuff and got alot of money for it and yes i babysit but i also have a real job that i get paid for and get paid a good bit for so yea im not giving my child to someone that i dont know so back off of that please i just need a way to talk to my mom and dad and his mom so please stop telling me to give my baby away

Jessica, we're telling you to do whats best for the baby. You cannot give it a good home, you're physically, mentally, emotionally, and financially incapable of it. You can be as optimistic as you want, but there's no way you can hold down a full time job and still go to school. And if you plan on being able to care for her, you'll need to allot time for that too. Pregnancy-info.net says $30,000 a year on average for the first 17 years.

make the right choice: don't put the baby through living with someone who doesn't know the difference between "im" and "I'm," "ALOT" and "A LOT," "7 $" and "$7," and "that i get paid for" and "for which I get paid."

Not to mention, she'll follow your poor example and end up pregnant at 14 too.

I agree with almost every post in this thread. There are over 6 different people in this thread giving good advice and you're brushing off all of them. You don't seem to understand how big of a deal this is.
      I have had pairs of friends in this situation before and not one of them was able to stay together in the long run. Realize that this is a human life you could be ruining if you can't take care of it. That's a fate much worse than abortion or adoption (both of which I 100% support).

It doesn't matter that you have a "good paying job" it's absolute bullshit if you think two fourteen year olds can come up with about $30,000 a year. It honestly should be your parents decision for the most part since they will be the ones paying for it.

At least consider what people are saying here. Read through Jenna's post again and try to understand what she's saying. From what I've read in other threads her advice is generally amazing.

But also general rule of thumb about sex: if you can't use a condom properly, you can't raise a baby properly.
      Another good rule of thumb: When you're 14 please stick to messing around on the couch or getting a little frisky with your boyfriend or girlfriend in a movie theater. That's what I did when I was 14 and it was a blast.

Just try to understand that childbirth isn't a laughing matter and it's not something you want to be dealing with at 14.

I'm 14 years old and know for a fact I could not take care of a baby.
      Once you become a mother, your social life is over. It's no longer about you. Every waking moment is for your baby. Every dollar goes to supporting your baby. And if your boyfriends really gonna stick around, awesome. But it's easy for him to just walk out if he wants to. He may decide he wants a social life instead of sticking around with his pregnant girlfriend. By the way, how long have you been dating?

I understand if you don't want an abortion. I am for it in this situation, but its a touchy subject. But I really think you should get an adoption. If someone adopts your baby, you can keep in touch with the couple, and your baby. The baby is given to someone who can support it better, and you still get visits with them, and you're still part of their life. Honestly, it is the best option for you.