my friends are annoying me coz im NOT a slut...

• my friends are annoying me coz im NOT a slut...

ok, basically, around here, going out and kissing random people is a vry common thing, its like make out get a number and then get to know the person. I am one of those people who just doesnt do that. i have never kissed anyone i didnt know before first, and to be honest, i havent kissed many people coz thats the way it is around here. and i like being that way. i am 17 now, and going out more and my friends get onto me a lot for it. they would all have their guys and be like its weird that i dont but i dont see it that way. and because im older now, and some of my friends are around the 20 age, and the ones my age have boyfriends, its kinda like they are now thinking its weird that i dont have sex with a guy after a few weeks. its like, im not like that. and they are getting really annoying about it, they wont get off my back. how can i get it through to them that its just not me and that they need to quit annoying me about it.?:nono:
      [COLOR="Purple"]Sometimes[/COLOR][COLOR="DarkOrange"]Your[/COLOR][COLOR="DeepSkyBlue"]First[/COLOR][COLOR="Lime"]Scars[/COLOR][COLOR="Magenta"]Won't[/COLOR][COLOR="Blue"]Ever[/COLOR][COLOR="Yellow"]Fade[/COLOR]

[COLOR="Purple"]What[/COLOR][COLOR="DarkOrange"]Don't[/COLOR][COLOR="Navy"]Kill[/COLOR][COLOR="Lime"]S[/COLOR][COLOR="DarkGreen"]The[/COLOR][COLOR="Red"]Heart[/COLOR][COLOR="MediumTurquoise"]Only[/COLOR][COLOR="Purple"]Makes[/COLOR][COLOR="Black"]It[/COLOR][COLOR="Yellow"]S[/COLOR][COLOR="DarkOrange"]T[/COLOR][COLOR="Purple"]R[/COLOR][COLOR="DeepSkyBlue"]O[/COLOR][COLOR="Red"]N[/COLOR][COLOR="Pink"]G[/COLOR]
    • Re: my friends are annoying me coz im NOT a slut...

Don't let them bother you, though your lifestyle isn't one I really have ever followed.. I think it is quite honorable to wait like that before you give a guy any.. honestly, if your friends are giving you trouble for it have you tried just straight up telling them how you feel about the situation?
      [CENTER][FONT="Garamond"][COLOR="DarkRed"][SIZE="3"]Seduce&Destroy[/SIZE]
      [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
      You're sure you still wanna play this evil lil game?
      [/COLOR][/FONT][/CENTER]

Hello!

I highly dislike to drink alcohol - I don't like neither the taste nor the effects of it. However, drinking alcohol is almost a social requirement around here. Thus, I am constantly preassured into drinking it. I never do, and I am just fine. I simply tell them that I do not want to drink. They will keep preassuring, but I will not show any signs of their pressures working (Like accepting to drink just one glass of beer), and they end up just accepting it for the night. They will of course always be like "Duuude, please, next week is my birthday, just drink! For me!" Or, "It's our graduation! EVERYONE must get wasted, don't ruin it!!". But it is as simple as saying "Nope, thanks! I don't want to drink". Once, a drunk friend was like "Hey, why don't you drink? If you don't drink, you make me feel because of drinking..." and another was like "Why are you still here?! You are only here to make fun of us because we are drunk!!!!"

All you need is to have a high self-esteem. Which, in theory, you could achieve in literally seconds, as the self-esteem is something inside your head rather than in the outside world. Unfortunately, our brain is wired in such a way that makes it hard for us to control several aspects of it, but if you have a low self-esteem, you can work a bit to get it up easily.

People oftenly feel threatened by others who don't follow the social norms due to several different reasons.

As for your case, try to think for a second... Why do they care so much about you being a slut? Are they being altruistic, and want you to enjoy the pleasures like them? Clearly not, as this would not lead them to actually pressure you. They are acting out of selfishness. What do they want to get out of it? I can't be sure, but perhaps you could figure out by reflecting deeper upon the matter.

Script wrote:

ok, basically, around here, going out and kissing random people is a vry common thing, its like make out get a number and then get to know the person. I am one of those people who just doesnt do that. i have never kissed anyone i didnt know before first, and to be honest, i havent kissed many people coz thats the way it is around here. and i like being that way. i am 17 now, and going out more and my friends get onto me a lot for it. they would all have their guys and be like its weird that i dont but i dont see it that way. and because im older now, and some of my friends are around the 20 age, and the ones my age have boyfriends, its kinda like they are now thinking its weird that i dont have sex with a guy after a few weeks. its like, im not like that. and they are getting really annoying about it, they wont get off my back. how can i get it through to them that its just not me and that they need to quit annoying me about it.?:nono:

I dont think your friends are sluts, but you dont need to do that and just dont give in to there peer pressure, do whatever you want, if you really dislike it, tell them to stop, if they dont, then find new friends, but I dont think there sluts for doing that, sex isnt a bad thing if its safe, and kissing people is fun.
      [CENTER] [/CENTER]

If your friends are presuring you or dont like the fact that you aren't making out or having sex with some guy who needs them, I know true friends aren't like that.

This, plus, I wouldn't care about what they say if I were you.

Take it easy!
      [CENTER][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

.:.:. [SIZE=4]Never Stand Begging For What You Have The Power To Earn[/SIZE] .:.:.
      [/CENTER]

Your friends are normal people not sluts, you need to have some respect if you expect to get any. If you're not going to change you need to grow some spine and tell them whats up or to fuck off, whatever you think is better.
      [CENTER][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

[/CENTER]

Do what YOU want. Don't give in to peer pressure. They're more likely to have regret in their life than you are. And nobody truly likes someone who is willing to do anything.
      The World is heading for mutiny, when all we want is unity.
      We may rise and fall, but in the end, we'll meet our fate together!
      One. Oh One. The only way is[SIZE=4] ONE.[/SIZE]

Yoshi wrote:

Why can't I meet girls with that attitude? -_-
      They're all sluts these days.

thats pretty harsh and untrue

Welsh Prophets are Lost wrote:

Do what YOU want. Don't give in to peer pressure. They're more likely to have regret in their life than you are. And nobody truly likes someone who is willing to do anything.

maybe the biggest regret will be having no regrets?
      [CENTER] [/CENTER]

Depends Kev. If i did something which i shouldn't have done then i'd probably deeply regret it and find it hard to forgive myself. But thats just me...
      The World is heading for mutiny, when all we want is unity.
      We may rise and fall, but in the end, we'll meet our fate together!
      One. Oh One. The only way is[SIZE=4] ONE.[/SIZE]

Kevmo7 wrote:

I dont think your friends are sluts, but you dont need to do that and just dont give in to there peer pressure, do whatever you want, if you really dislike it, tell them to stop, if they dont, then find new friends, but I dont think there sluts for doing that, sex isnt a bad thing if its safe, and kissing people is fun.

noo im not calling my friends sluts, its just a way of me waying id feel like that if i did. coz they are not i know that
      [COLOR="Purple"]Sometimes[/COLOR][COLOR="DarkOrange"]Your[/COLOR][COLOR="DeepSkyBlue"]First[/COLOR][COLOR="Lime"]Scars[/COLOR][COLOR="Magenta"]Won't[/COLOR][COLOR="Blue"]Ever[/COLOR][COLOR="Yellow"]Fade[/COLOR]

[COLOR="Purple"]What[/COLOR][COLOR="DarkOrange"]Don't[/COLOR][COLOR="Navy"]Kill[/COLOR][COLOR="Lime"]S[/COLOR][COLOR="DarkGreen"]The[/COLOR][COLOR="Red"]Heart[/COLOR][COLOR="MediumTurquoise"]Only[/COLOR][COLOR="Purple"]Makes[/COLOR][COLOR="Black"]It[/COLOR][COLOR="Yellow"]S[/COLOR][COLOR="DarkOrange"]T[/COLOR][COLOR="Purple"]R[/COLOR][COLOR="DeepSkyBlue"]O[/COLOR][COLOR="Red"]N[/COLOR][COLOR="Pink"]G[/COLOR]