Movie sequels that should never have been made

• Re: Movie sequels that should never have been made

Alien Resurrection
      Terminator 3
      "I've never understood ethnic or national pride, because to me pride should be reserved for something you achieve or attain on your own, not something that happens by accident of birth."
      - George Carlin

Striker88;1062839033 wrote:

You know why nobody has gotten evidence? God hasn't allowed that and won't.

Butthurt Burt wrote:

I can't think of any that should never have been made but I can think of a ton that should have been done better.

Jurassic park 3 and Terminator 3 remind me of this, they were just half thought out money making films leeching off great original ideas which if made properly could of been amazing.

oompaloompas wrote:

My face when no one has listed the Matrix sequels yet

The Matrix Reloaded was pretty decent. The Wachowski brothers envisioned it as a trilogy anyway. The Matrix Revolutions had to be made to conclude it since the last two are literally one film cut in half (it still sucked, though).

aphrodite. wrote:

Jurassic park 3 and Terminator 3 remind me of this, they were just half thought out money making films leeching off great original ideas which if made properly could of been amazing.

Jurassic Park III I can agree with since it was left somewhat open-ended. Its biggest failure in my opinion is that it wasn't based off an excellent novel by Michael Crichton. It also didn't have John Hammond which is essential.

However, Terminator 3 should never have been made since it was 100% concluded in Terminator 2. There is NO possible way, zero, nil, zilch, of doing a third Terminator film while staying true to the first two Terminator films. It's impossible. The writers completely shit all over the franchise with one single line: "Judgment Day is inevitable." Fuck you. Thanks for taking one of the best sci-fi franchises (one that's actually respected OUTSIDE the sci-fi community) and turning it into a joke.

Sorry for that rant. I grew up with Terminator (I remember when Terminator 2 was new), so right or wrong, I feel an emotional attachment to the franchise (along with Alien and Predator), and when they shit all over it with Terminator 3 it pissed me off. For the record, I didn't like the Sarah Connor Chronicles either.
      "I've never understood ethnic or national pride, because to me pride should be reserved for something you achieve or attain on your own, not something that happens by accident of birth."
      - George Carlin

DamnImGood wrote:

However, Terminator 3 should never have been made since it was 100% concluded in Terminator 2. There is NO possible way, zero, nil, zilch, of doing a third Terminator film while staying true to the first two Terminator films. It's impossible. The writers completely shit all over the franchise with one single line: "Judgment Day is inevitable." Fuck you. Thanks for taking one of the best sci-fi franchises (one that's actually respected OUTSIDE the sci-fi community) and turning it into a joke.

Sorry for that rant. I grew up with Terminator (I remember when Terminator 2 was new), so right or wrong, I feel an emotional attachment to the franchise (along with Alien and Predator), and when they shit all over it with Terminator 3 it pissed me off. For the record, I didn't like the Sarah Connor Chronicles either.

Quoted for the fucking truth. The Terminator series was perfect with 1 and 2. 3 was fucking terrible then they had the nerve to do salvation. I remember watching 1 and 2 with my dad and loving them both (2 my favourite). I can't even remember what happened in salvation, the only thing i remember was a cgi arnold.

---------- Post added at 08:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:42 PM ----------

also the saw films are a joke now. 1st one was good. 2,3,4,5,6,7 (and whatever ones they make in the future) should never of been made
      'King stays the King'

I Fucking Suck wrote:

Quoted for the fucking truth. The Terminator series was perfect with 1 and 2. 3 was fucking terrible then they had the nerve to do salvation. I remember watching 1 and 2 with my dad and loving them both (2 my favourite). I can't even remember what happened in salvation, the only thing i remember was a cgi arnold.

I didn't like Terminator Salvation, but I also don't feel any connection between it and the original two films. In other words, I consider it to be somewhat of a spin-off. Had they got Edward Furlong to reprise his role as John Connor (since he's actually like 20 years older in real life), I'd lend the film a little more credence, but instead they cast Bruce Wayne. I mean Christian Bale.

I also didn't consider Terminator Salvation to be a "terminator" film because Sarah Connor wasn't in it. The franchise is just as much about her as the machines (another reason why #3 made me rage since they killed her off).
      - George Carlin

Some have already been said... Grease 2 was just about the most disappointing thing I have EVER seen.

Jurassic Park III was a let down, but was at least worth the film it was recorded on.

Little Fockers however... What a waste of my time and money.
      [LEFT][COLOR="Black"]“Happiness can be found, even in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”[/COLOR][/LEFT]
      [COLOR="DarkRed"][RIGHT]Albus Percival Wulfric Brian Dumbledore - Just chillin' out down here at Kings Cross Station y'all! It's a bit foggy though... what's up with that?[/RIGHT][/COLOR]
      [CENTER][/CENTER]