Teen clothing too sexy?

• Teen clothing too sexy?

Hi just wondering if you can help me with my essay. There's lots of talk in the media about children's/teen clothing being too sexy but no-one seems to have asked teens themselves.
      Do you think children's clothing is getting too sexy or are people just being paranoid about it?
      Do you wear padded bras to look like you've got a bigger chest or for comfort?
    • Re: Teen clothing too sexy?

We are constantly bombarded with images of perfectly sculpted human beings, and the attitude expressed by teens and pre-teens nowadays is reflected by those images. There are plently of clothes available that aren't provocative, but the pressure to look flawless is too great for most people.
      [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"The young people of today think of nothing but themselves. They have
      no reverence for parents or old age. They are impatient of all
      restraint. They talk as if they alone knew everything and what passes
      for wisdom with us is foolishness with them. As for girls, they are
      forward, immodest and unwomanly in speech, behaviour and dress."
      This is what Aristoteles said about young people. That was 2500 years ago. See my point???
      R.I.P. Jimmy"The Rev"Sullivan
      I hope you found your little piece of heaven.

labyrinth wrote:

or for comfort?

Who does that?

urnsek wrote:

"The young people of today think of nothing but themselves. They have
      no reverence for parents or old age. They are impatient of all
      restraint. They talk as if they alone knew everything and what passes
      for wisdom with us is foolishness with them. As for girls, they are
      forward, immodest and unwomanly in speech, behaviour and dress."
      This is what Aristoteles said about young people. That was 2500 years ago. See my point???

Fair point, but don't forget there's a whole trough of history in between that in which teenagers have been rather less sexed-up, and note that Aristotle nowhere there necessarily talks about sex.

Teenagers are oversexualised compared to how it used to be 50, 60 years ago.
      [CENTER]

[RIGHT]Ta-ta
      [/RIGHT]
      [/CENTER]

I'd say so yes. On the 1st March was Saint Davids Day (Welsh Day) and it was a non uniform day and pretty much all the girls get dressed up to impress. I was pretty shocked to see a 13 year old girl with a very short shirt on, VERY short shorts with see through fishnet tights things or whatever they're called.... Such an easy target to be honest.

It's obvious what has caused all of this.... The media, internet technology, music videos, celebrities etc... Young teenagers are surrounded by all of these things so they think that it is normal to dress like the people in mainstream.

It is sad i guess but ah well.
      The World is heading for mutiny, when all we want is unity.
      We may rise and fall, but in the end, we'll meet our fate together!
      One. Oh One. The only way is[SIZE=4] ONE.[/SIZE]

Esmo wrote:

Who does that?

Fair point, but don't forget there's a whole trough of history in between that in which teenagers have been rather less sexed-up, and note that Aristotle nowhere there necessarily talks about sex.

Teenagers are oversexualised compared to how it used to be 50, 60 years ago.

True... But many or our ancesters couldt have sex because they didnt have condoms and the pill's. Now we went trough a sex revolution and people can expres their sexuality fully for the first time in history.
      R.I.P. Jimmy"The Rev"Sullivan
      I hope you found your little piece of heaven.

If it's being made it will be sent to shops.

If the clothes are in the shop they will be bought.

If the clothes have been bought they will be wore.

If the clothes are worn, debates will be made like this one.

It's a really easy process unfortunately.

I don't need a padded bra, I just wear comfy bras, padded or not.
      I had breast reduction a few years ago, and the surgeon I went to does a lift with all the reductions so mine are nice and perky even without a bra.
      -shrug-

Other than that, I don't really think a lot of the clothing for teens is too sexy. It's the way it's worn that matters IMO.
      Of course, some of it is, but then again, some skirts for instance would be perfectly fine if they weren't hiked up to just barely cover their ass.
      Also, size matters too.
      A lot of girls where clothes that are slightly small on them so they're tighter and sometimes lower cut than they otherwise would be in the proper size.
      [CENTER]|| Shonna || 21 Years Old || Happily Married<3 || Blog[/CENTER]

Yeah...

If a teenager is just sexually active in general then they're more likely to dress more provocative.

I can't compare generations... But some of my friends are really sexual O_O

Whereas i'm not at all, meh... We're all different.