Pregnancy

• Re: Pregnancy

I'm wondering what the hell I'm going to do when I leave school, I'll have to get a job straight away, no university or college or anything. I'll need a job where I won't need many qualifications but with a decent pay to support my baby.

---------- Post added at 03:51 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:50 AM ----------

Crossfire wrote:

Oh ok. But you do realize the long term effects of goofing off?

Yes, but I didn't exactly plan to get knocked up.

And anyway, I go to a shit school and I didn't miss any valuable lessons.

TessaBlaire wrote:

I'm wondering what the hell I'm going to do when I leave school, I'll have to get a job straight away, no university or college or anything. I'll need a job where I won't need many qualifications but with a decent pay to support my baby.

---------- Post added at 03:51 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:50 AM ----------

Yes, but I didn't exactly plan to get knocked up.

And anyway, I go to a shit school and I didn't miss any valuable lessons.

You can get scholarships if you make it up. Plus saying your school is shit is only an excuse to do bad. I know a couple of inner city people, bad projects, who ended up being doctors. There is still hope! :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Crossfire wrote:

You can get scholarships if you make it up. Plus saying your school is shit is only an excuse to do bad. I know a couple of inner city people, bad projects, who ended up being doctors. There is still hope! :)

My school...
    The kids have to correct the teachers.
    I was sleeping with a teacher for months before anyone realised.
    The teachers call the kids names, not just average ones, they swear at them.
    Kids spray paint the school OVER the graffiti that's already there.

My school is WORSE than shit.

And even if I was smart enough to get into a college, I couldn't do it because I need to get a permanent job ASAP for looking after my kid.

But thanks anyway :)

TessaBlaire wrote:

My school...
    The kids have to correct the teachers.
    I was sleeping with a teacher for months before anyone realised.
    The teachers call the kids names, not just average ones, they swear at them.
    Kids spray paint the school OVER the graffiti that's already there.

My school is WORSE than shit.

And even if I was smart enough to get into a college, I couldn't do it because I need to get a permanent job ASAP for looking after my kid.

But thanks anyway :)

I've been to a school like that. This private school in Dallas... just saying.
    Can you possibly get a transfer?
    Attend school while working?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Well, first off, not to beat a dead horse or anything, but I applaud your attitude, maturity, and courage in this situation. It's a tough place to be in, but manageable.

In my opinion, I think you're correct in the assumption that university will have to be postponed for a little bit. Money is most likely going to be tight, even if you manage to get two full time minimum wage jobs (unsure of what that is like in London though, I'm from the US myself). Id suggest trying to move yourself up the food chain when your daughter gets a bit older and is a little more self-sustaining.

Until then, I think it's important that you become very acquainted to your boyfriend's family. It's also equally important that you put a formidable amount of effort into your relationship with your boyfriend. Losing him could make a hard situation become a lot tougher than it already is.

Being lazy/having fun/skipping class has to end. Now. You need to take every bit of that education that you can get, regardless of the school's quality. And if mathematics is giving you that much of a problem, send me an e-mail or message or something. I just happen to be a math tutor, offering you whatever help you need.

I know this was mentioned earlier on, but just be aware of who your friends are, and keep in mind that it's those people that matter, not the idiots who attack you without regard for who you are or what your story is. Be strong, do your best, and plow through this mess. There's no reason why this can't end up being a positive experience.

GuessWifey wrote:

wow, girl dont worry about that stupid chickrunning her mouth about you... obviously she's jealous that your having a baby and she probally wants your baby's father. i believe that bring a special someone into the world is one of the best things woman can do ! good luck on your new baby girl

Aww thankyou :)

But everyone knows I'm pregnant know, we're on Easter Break so I don't have to deal with it all yet

---------- Post added at 01:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:30 PM ----------

emmett715 wrote:

Well, first off, not to beat a dead horse or anything, but I applaud your attitude, maturity, and courage in this situation. It's a tough place to be in, but manageable.

In my opinion, I think you're correct in the assumption that university will have to be postponed for a little bit. Money is most likely going to be tight, even if you manage to get two full time minimum wage jobs (unsure of what that is like in London though, I'm from the US myself). Id suggest trying to move yourself up the food chain when your daughter gets a bit older and is a little more self-sustaining.

Until then, I think it's important that you become very acquainted to your boyfriend's family. It's also equally important that you put a formidable amount of effort into your relationship with your boyfriend. Losing him could make a hard situation become a lot tougher than it already is.

Being lazy/having fun/skipping class has to end. Now. You need to take every bit of that education that you can get, regardless of the school's quality. And if mathematics is giving you that much of a problem, send me an e-mail or message or something. I just happen to be a math tutor, offering you whatever help you need.

I know this was mentioned earlier on, but just be aware of who your friends are, and keep in mind that it's those people that matter, not the idiots who attack you without regard for who you are or what your story is. Be strong, do your best, and plow through this mess. There's no reason why this can't end up being a positive experience.

I hope I can get a job in a shop or something until my kid's old enough so I can do something a bit more well payed.

Jack's family if totally lovely :) Especially his mum, I'm working really hard to be a good influence on his sisters, I look after the younger ones while him and his parents are out. I didn't realise this before I had sex with him, but Jack's one of the loveliest guys I have ever met, he's responsible, kind, smart and funny.

I've stopped skipping school now and I'm working really hard on maths revision.

When people I KNOW are just asking me about my pregnancy just for gossip I'm going to tell them to go fuck themselves. I know what it's like to be pumped for information and then thrown away.

If you have problems with the teacher go to the administration about it. If they cant do anything then try to transfer to a different class. And as for supporting your kid make sure you dont just stop with school when the baby is born that's what my mom did and its a total pain when you want to get a good job in the future. It will be hard i can imagine but you'll have to tough it out. and as for the girl becca simple she's a retard ignore her... she'll get whatever comes for her.. karma's a bitch.. anyways good luck with the little girl. Being lonely may be caused by the stress you've probably been having. it's okay to take a day or two off. Just go chillax and do something you enjoy and relax get a massage if thats what you like but dont be constantly putting too much pressure on yourself. That'll just make it harder

The post was edited 1 time, last by Akeila ().