I'm scared of blood...

• I'm scared of blood...

So, I dont really like blood. I actually kind of hate it, its so...RED and...freaky looking. But the irony of it is that i (sort of) cut myself but only enough to see the pinkish red layer of skin under the top layer....so today, i used a pin and i started cutting but I got freaked out half way through because I saw a little bit of blood left on the pin...:(

Ugh. i dont even know why i do it. Any ideas?
      Hope is like a butterfly, it can be killed with one quick movement.
    • Re: I'm scared of blood...

What should you do? You should stop cutting. Every time you go to cut, think of the blood that will come from it. Think of it and use that so that you can stop. You don't cut, you don't bleed. Pretty simple. Also, take a look at this:
      teenhut.net/depression-self-ha…ternatives-self-harm.html
      It may help you out with the cutting.

But, why do you cut? Solving that can make it so we can get you to stop wanting to all together.
      [LEFT][SIZE=2]"Adapt and Overcome"[/SIZE][/LEFT]
      [RIGHT]"Funny how the truth sounds so cliche"[/RIGHT]
      [RIGHT]~Jack Ingram[/RIGHT]
      [CENTER]
      [SIZE=1][/SIZE][/CENTER]

Thanks...I'mma try to stop but it wont be easy. Its like, half of me does it because it wants to prove to the other half that I'm NOT scared of blood. I'm trying to self cure my own phobia. And thats a good thing in a way but...it feels wrong
      Hope is like a butterfly, it can be killed with one quick movement.

It's not necessarily "wrong" per say. It's just unhealthy. It's self destructive and could result in addiction and serious injury.

In that link there's a section titled "if it's a visual you need" for people who cut in order to see blood. Try using some of those, it might help you out a bit. Otherwise, just google blood, bleeding or stuff like that to try and face your fear. Don't hurt yourself to do it.
      [LEFT][SIZE=2]"Adapt and Overcome"[/SIZE][/LEFT]
      [RIGHT]"Funny how the truth sounds so cliche"[/RIGHT]
      [RIGHT]~Jack Ingram[/RIGHT]
      [CENTER]
      [SIZE=1][/SIZE][/CENTER]