The Bible is the best book ever.

• Re: The Bible is the best book ever.

imchamp wrote:

whatever???
      its probably your culture or the country you live in that makes you hate religion.
      anyway the quran doesnt have these weird stories, so if you make fun of religion saying there is no God i would say read the quran first!

Nope, I hate religion because its holding us back.
      [CENTER][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
      [SIZE=4] I Love You Cassie<3
      OOOOH THESE KNIVES MAN
      [/SIZE]
      [/CENTER]

Laddergoat. wrote:

Nope, I hate religion because its holding us back.

honestly, coming from someone who used to be an atheist, religion really isn't holding us back. i used to hate religion, but then i realized it was everyone's interpretation of religion that made it seem so ugly, that ultimately lead me to my hatred for religion. religion is actually beautiful. people are holding themselves back with what they are taught about religion, because they are taught only one way to interpret it.

The post was edited 1 time, last by wtfhappened ().

runnadoll wrote:

honestly, coming from someone who used to be an atheist, religion really isn't holding us back. i used to hate religion, but then i realized it was everyone's interpretation of religion that made it seem so ugly, that ultimately lead me to my hatred for religion. religion is actually beautiful. people are holding themselves back with what they are taught about religion, because they are taught only one way to interpret it.

Yes it is, we are still stuck debating ridiculous social issues such as gay marriage and abortions etc etc directly due to religions of all sorts. We should be focussing on progressing, not piss farting around on petty social issues that should have been dealt with years ago.
      OOOOH THESE KNIVES MAN
      [/SIZE]
      [/CENTER]

Laddergoat. wrote:

Yes it is, we are still stuck debating ridiculous social issues such as gay marriage and abortions etc etc directly due to religions of all sorts. We should be focussing on progressing, not piss farting around on petty social issues that should have been dealt with years ago.

not really because of religion, but because of someone's interpretation of religion. you can view religion however you want, but i personally do not believe that religion is evil. i think religion is a brilliant attempt to teach good morals and values. people who are "religious" and against gay marriage are not really religious in my opinion, because if you read any religion as a whole rather than taking one piece and holding it against someone, it goes against everything religion is about. And what's most ironic is the fact that in America, where im assuming you are talking about, are mostly christians and no where in the bible does it even say homosexuality is wrong. it only says such in the old testament. not to mention, this is the ONLY thing christians pay attention to in the old testament.

but anyway, i'm not arguing abortion, because i do feel like abortion is wrong. and maybe religion is holding me back in the sense of i believe in good morals and killing human life period is wrong. but without religion, more importantly, good morals, where do we learn as a country to draw the line? what is too much? Needless to say, i am actually pro-choice, because i for one do not believe that just because i think a certain way, that everyone should have to think this way. however, the morals that religion can teach us should always be mindful.

runnadoll wrote:

not really because of religion, but because of someone's interpretation of religion. you can view religion however you want, but i personally do not believe that religion is evil. i think religion is a brilliant attempt to teach good morals and values. people who are "religious" and against gay marriage are not really religious in my opinion, because if you read any religion as a whole rather than taking one piece and holding it against someone, it goes against everything religion is about. And what's most ironic is the fact that in America, where im assuming you are talking about, are mostly christians and no where in the bible does it even say homosexuality is wrong. it only says such in the old testament. not to mention, this is the ONLY thing christians pay attention to in the old testament.

but anyway, i'm not arguing abortion, because i do feel like abortion is wrong. and maybe religion is holding me back in the sense of i believe in good morals and killing human life period is wrong. but without religion, more importantly, good morals, where do we learn as a country to draw the line? what is too much? Needless to say, i am actually pro-choice, because i for one do not believe that just because i think a certain way, that everyone should have to think this way. however, the morals that religion can teach us should always be mindful.

your making a point but gay marriage is forbidden it is stated in all the major religions like islam, judaism and it is even mentioned in the bible and if your religious then you shouldnt do gay marriage, but of course if others do it then i dont really care about that its their business, if they sin they will be punished and as long as they dont cause me trouble or anything like that then im ok with them.

runnadoll wrote:

So, following that train of thought, without religion, we'd all lack moral teachings? I disagree, growing up without religion, I still learned what is right and wrong through my own actions. I learned that smacking someone in the face is wrong, because I smacked someone in the face. Etc etc.

I don't believe that abortion is wrong, as you aren't technically killing a human being, BUT, this isn't the thread for that.

We still should not be focussing on those petty social issues, instead we should be focussing on working as one to progress toward a more sustainable lifestyle.
      OOOOH THESE KNIVES MAN
      [/SIZE]
      [/CENTER]

imchamp wrote:

your making a point but gay marriage is forbidden it is stated in all the major religions like islam, judaism and it is even mentioned in the bible and if your religious then you shouldnt do gay marriage, but of course if others do it then i dont really care about that its their business, if they sin they will be punished and as long as they dont cause me trouble or anything like that then im ok with them.

im sure about islam and judaism, but are you sure about the bible? there's so many renditions of it, one might mention it while another doesn't. all i know is that the bible that i had to read for school, that i actually read front to back, did not mention homosexuality as a sin anywhere.

---------- Post added at 11:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:08 PM ----------

Laddergoat. wrote:

So, following that train of thought, without religion, we'd all lack moral teachings? I disagree, growing up without religion, I still learned what is right and wrong through my own actions. I learned that smacking someone in the face is wrong, because I smacked someone in the face. Etc etc.

I don't believe that abortion is wrong, as you aren't technically killing a human being, BUT, this isn't the thread for that.

We still should not be focussing on those petty social issues, instead we should be focussing on working as one to progress toward a more sustainable lifestyle.

no, no baby. im saying that religion teaches good morals. of course you can learn good morals from other things. im just saying that for a lot of people, they do not do some of the terrible things they could do because of religion.

runnadoll wrote:

im sure about islam and judaism, but are you sure about the bible? there's so many renditions of it, one might mention it while another doesn't. all i know is that the bible that i had to read for school, that i actually read front to back, did not mention homosexuality as a sin anywhere.

i think it is because judaism and islam has it and the bible was made between those times so ya.
      also sodomy(anal sex) is forbidden in almost all religions therefore homosexuality is also forbidden

imchamp wrote:

i think it is because judaism and islam has it and the bible was made between those times so ya.
      also sodomy(anal sex) is forbidden in almost all religions therefore homosexuality is also forbidden

well the bible was basically the torah redone. and although it was made along the lines of the torah, A LOT of things were left out, such as eating pig is a sin, and a lot of other "old timey" things if you will.

imchamp wrote:

And this is why we will never advance as a civilisation.

---------- Post added at 03:49 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:48 AM ----------

Also, okay Runna, that makes sense, although I disagree with the last part of your sentence about people not doing things because of religion.
      OOOOH THESE KNIVES MAN
      [/SIZE]
      [/CENTER]

Laddergoat. wrote:

And this is why we will never advance as a civilisation.

---------- Post added at 03:49 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:48 AM ----------

Also, okay Runna, that makes sense, although I disagree with the last part of your sentence about people not doing things because of religion.

why because your civilisation isnt allowed to perform anal sex??:nono:

---------- Post added at 11:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:20 PM ----------

runnadoll wrote:

well the bible was basically the torah redone. and although it was made along the lines of the torah, A LOT of things were left out, such as eating pig is a sin, and a lot of other "old timey" things if you will.

Ithink that people at that time have changed the bible to their likings thats why they sent down the quran and till this day there hasnt been any other book sent down.