Unsure what instruments to buy!! Help!!

• Unsure what instruments to buy!! Help!!

Im 16, and a few months back, decided id like to buy a set of turntables to like dj and scratch on. Dont get me wrong, id still love to try and play them or at least learn how to. Then recently ive decided to learn the guitar. i have an electric and acoustic one. Now, im lookin out for a drumkit. I mean, usualy people settle on one instrument to play. I can Play the flute, but id like to see if im any good at any other one.

So my question is should i buy an instrument? Im afraid i might give it up and then it would be a waste of money. Id try my best at it!!! :p
    • Re: Unsure what instruments to buy!! Help!!

Are there any places you can try the instruments first? Like a music group, maybe take some drum lessons first before actually buying a drum set. If you don't play it, then it will just gather dust which can be a waste of money. So whats the situation with the decks? Do you still use them?

oh and also, are you looking to make music or something? or just want to play instruments as an hobby?
      'King stays the King'
    • Re: Unsure what instruments to buy!! Help!!

well, i was hoping to just get the cheapest second hand drum kit i could find, and just drum! haha id like to just teach myself how to drum. Theres books, videos and a lot of stuff to get me started. The turntables... well i havent been able to get any yet. They are pricey, and even when i look for a second hand set, they still are.

Id like to have it as a hobby. just something at least i can add to my musical abilities yano.
      Piano... im not sure. Im more into really beating stuff, eg drumming lol