You can't hate a player for wanting to win.

• You can't hate a player for wanting to win.

I'm really getting tired of Cleveland hating on Lebron; I saw this:

Cavs for Mavs: Twisted tale of loyalty - NBA - Yahoo! Sports

I mean seriously? He has every right to move to whatever team he wants to be on. I hope cleveland gets nuked by Al'Qaeda, they were lucky to even have him to begin with.

---------- Post added at 02:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:59 PM ----------

fuuuck wrong forum someone move this to sports
      [CENTER][/CENTER]
    • Re: You can't hate a player for wanting to win.

the_great wrote:

where do you think teams get the money for buying great players? teams like the yankees and red sox started somewhere. just saying.

That's what sucks about the MLB, and about football, I love a sport where anyone has a shot any given year.
      You're like the drug that I can't stop taking. I want more and I can't stop craving ^^

I actually agree with you Alex. Teams should be rewarded for what they archieve. This has been taken too far in Europe though. Billionaires simply bought clubs and bought whatever player they wanted.

People are actually thinking about implementing something like a salary cap into soccer though.

Charles Barkley wrote:

Except there's no way the American system would work in European football.
      Oh I know, but the MLB in particular is god awful.

the_great wrote:

caps on anything are really retarded.. that's why I like mlb's approach

if the team raised enough money from shit, they should be able to do whatever they want with their money..
      Well you are a Cowboys fan, you would say that...

Winning fairly > gloryhunting.

Go on a large NFL forum and you'll find very very few fans who do not like the salary cap.

---------- Post added at 08:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:51 PM ----------

Charles Barkley wrote:

I actually agree with you Alex. Teams should be rewarded for what they archieve. This has been taken too far in Europe though. Billionaires simply bought clubs and bought whatever player they wanted.

People are actually thinking about implementing something like a salary cap into soccer though.

No way it would work in a globalised sport, but in a franchise system it is perfect.
      You're like the drug that I can't stop taking. I want more and I can't stop craving ^^

Dangermouse wrote:

Oh I know, but the MLB in particular is god awful.

Well you are a Cowboys fan, you would say that...

Winning fairly > gloryhunting.

Go on a large NFL forum and you'll find very very few fans who do not like the salary cap.

---------- Post added at 08:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:51 PM ----------

No way it would work in a globalised sport, but in a franchise system it is perfect.

that would be because a handful of teams in the nfl are not really good, but tbh i don't really follow football as much as baseball so im not sure. but i do know there are more "Pirates" like teams in the nfl than mlb so i'm not surprised a lot of people would not like removing the cap.

i bet u a majority of pats fans would support the removal.
      [CENTER][/CENTER]

the_great wrote:

that would be because a handful of teams in the nfl are not really good, but tbh i don't really follow football as much as baseball so im not sure. but i do know there are more "Pirates" like teams in the nfl than mlb so i'm not surprised a lot of people would not like removing the cap.

i bet u a majority of pats fans would support the removal.

Not really. If you're team was just buying success year on year it would be pretty boring. The Pats aren't actually that rich btw, but the reason the Patriots do so well, is because the NFL currency is not cash, it's quarterbacks.

I'd actually like to see rule changes to help the defense and running game, it would help parity, right now teams with the best QBs almost always make the playoffs.

Dangermouse wrote:

Not really. If you're team was just buying success year on year it would be pretty boring. The Pats aren't actually that rich btw, but the reason the Patriots do so well, is because the NFL currency is not cash, it's quarterbacks.

I'd actually like to see rule changes to help the defense and running game, it would help parity, right now teams with the best QBs almost always make the playoffs.

the yankees and red sox "buy success" and they're the two most popular teams in the MLB. if the nfl got rid of the cap there would be no boredom. people become fans of teams generally from what they watched when they grew up for the most part.

the problem with nfl i agree that quarterbacks are the number one priority and they'd prolly pull near or more money than a-rod but when it comes to basketball i do not see that problem. players like lebron do not come often.
      [CENTER][/CENTER]

Thing is though, do you not find a sport pretty boring when the winning teams are determined more by the men in suits than the genuine sporting pinnacle?

Look at the Detroit Lions from the last few years, a relatively poor franchise, they went winless in 2008, brought in a new coaching regime, got their franchise QB and have been rebuilding since and have done a damn good job.

Now they look like a very solid team who could be challenging for superbowls in a year or two.

If we didn't have a cap they'd still be stuck down the bottom and Dallas/Washington would win year after year.

The system isn't broke, so don't fix it.