An industrial Evening. (photography)

• Re: An industrial Evening. (photography)

Hipster wrote:

DEAR GOD YOU CAN'T BE SERIOUS.

First picture: I dislike THOROUGHLY, moreso than the others. Because there is no depth. Take this picture out of context, you'll have no clue what you're looking at. You're focused on the mossy concrete, and some shrubbery. The metal rising up towards the camera is OOF, and leaves little to the imagination as to what it could be. Awkward perspective, awkward composition.

The second one...later. I'm tired.

Ahh, but you looked back at it to see what was wrong with it... The metal is supposed to be out of focus... The perspective and the composition are both supposed to be awkward. There is not meant to be a clear subject in it. It is meant to make you think, to make you remove it from context, to make you take that second glance and study it. Also, if you think it leaves nothing to the imagination, what do you think the metal is from???
      [CENTER] [/CENTER]

The post was edited 1 time, last by Perseus ().

I like them.. But they do all seem a little.. I don't know, pointless. And yeah I know that's the idea you were trying to get - out of the ordinary. But I'm not sure if it works :P Still, I admire your passion, for wanted to do things differently.

If you want to do things wrong, you still need to do it right xD :)

---------- Post added at 10:30 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:25 AM ----------

I agree with previous comments though: You NEED more interesting subjects, at least for some of your photos, like bigger, more impressive industry buildings if that's your style. Something that makes you think 'Wow'. Not simply some telephone cables or a wire fence. Although I'm sure there's a purpose you chose those things, but you need to show it in the photos more :P You should try taking pictures of animals and nature - and with colour! The world is full of beautiful colour you can capture ;D

Perseus wrote:

They are supposed to be dark... the orgionals before editing were not any where near as dark, but i decided to increase the shadows in these. A few are also supposed to be slightly blurry. Some however are not, but taking pictures in the rain without getting anything on the lens is not easy trust me.

Derp obviously they weren't as dark before. The fact you edited them darker doesn't mean it makes them better.

But the photo's just dont seem good lol

Alex95 wrote:

I like them.. But they do all seem a little.. I don't know, pointless. And yeah I know that's the idea you were trying to get - out of the ordinary. But I'm not sure if it works :P Still, I admire your passion, for wanted to do things differently.

If you want to do things wrong, you still need to do it right xD :)

---------- Post added at 10:30 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:25 AM ----------

I agree with previous comments though: You NEED more interesting subjects, at least for some of your photos, like bigger, more impressive industry buildings if that's your style. Something that makes you think 'Wow'. Not simply some telephone cables or a wire fence. Although I'm sure there's a purpose you chose those things, but you need to show it in the photos more :P You should try taking pictures of animals and nature - and with colour! The world is full of beautiful colour you can capture ;D

Some coloured Nature-y ones are on my flikr account @ Flickr: Charlielapage's Photostream

I personally prefer Black and white though. Its also pretty hard to take photos of big industrial buildings when i live in the countryside, I work with what i have, and what i have is rusty fences, pylons and thats about it... thus, i blow them up and make them look like something more important.

---------- Post added at 11:39 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:37 AM ----------

Sami wrote:

Impressive. :thumbsup:

Cheers Sami :D
      [CENTER] [/CENTER]

Dexter. wrote:

Can't you at least get stuff in focus or more interesting subjects? that would improve it a lot.

Examples... As i said, I live in a remote village with only i tihnk 40 people in... There is not alot here... Plus parts of them are meant to be OOF.

---------- Post added at 04:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:30 PM ----------

Vallen.J wrote:

Cool shots!

Cheers man :D
      [CENTER] [/CENTER]