Help Girlfriend saying she's pregnant

• Help Girlfriend saying she's pregnant

Last week my Girlfriend came over and we "Hooked Up" if you get what I mean but we didn't have sex or anything of the sort. Now she's saying that she took a pregnancy test and I was positive. This is the second time that she has said this and to be perfectly honest Im sick of it. I want to leave her but what if she is Pregnant and she says to her parents that its mine when it isn't... I know that its illegal to have sex at my age Im 14 if you were wondering. What should I do? Please Help
    • Re: Help Girlfriend saying she's pregnant

She has a positive test after one week? First of all, if you didn't have sex (and that includes petting and stuff, because then it's also possible that sperm gets to her vag) it's not very likely that she's pregnant. And second: I once took a pregnancy test too, and so I know that you have to wait a few weeks or until your next period until you really can be sure about its result.
      I don't want to say she's a liar, but most girls tend to become very nervous when they even just think of becoming pregnant - it's been the same with me. So if I was you I would wait for two more weeks or so, then ask her to take a new test. Or ask her to go to her gynecologist, they can tell and also know what to do if she's really pregnant.
      And of course it's possible that she feels that you don't want her anymore and now uses this ''pregnancy'' to keep you by her side. I hope she's not like that, but it's possible. So really, keep calm and wait a bit for what will happen next.

If she is pregnant and says it's your baby though you know she's lying you can just ask for a paternity test. So everyone will know that you aren't the father and you'll be fine.
      But I guess it's best to talk to her about all of that and find out what she thinks and maybe plans.
      [SIZE=2]My bark is worse than my bite - so if you need help or just want to talk: pm me! (:[/SIZE]

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

The post was edited 1 time, last by le_bebieh ().

Also, if you want to call her bluff while still giving a show of support, you could see if there's a women's health clinic or something near where you live. They often give free pregnancy tests, so you could say you just want to be sure and go with her to the clinic.
      [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

HockeyFan;1062815419 wrote:

whatever dr phil

Get her to do another pregnancy test and show it to you whilst she's around you. If she really is pregnant and you have never had sex with her then she may be cheating....

Also, where are you from? Legality of sex changes from place to place people. Where I live it is illegal to have sex below the age of 16.
      [RIGHT][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC][/RIGHT]
      "I'm not gonna die in a hospital where the nurses aren't even hot." - Dean Winchester

I think that you are totally in the right to be frustrated by your girlfriend's actions.

First oh all, as mentioned, having a pregnancy test show positive a week after conception is impossible. It fankly cannot happen. Even tests at doctor's offices take longer than that.

How Long From Conception Is Implantation?

Generally, if an egg is going to be fertilized and conception is going to occur, it will have to happen in a 24-hour period after ovulation...Once the egg is fertilized, it will travel to the uterus for implantation...The process of traveling and implanting will take somewhere around 7 to 10 days altogether...Thus, it is possible that it can be as many as 7 to 14 days between the time of sexual intercourse and the time that the fertilized egg implants in the uterus.

Pregnancy Test Sensitivity and Early-Detection Testing | Ovulation Calculator
      The most sensitive pregnancy tests can detect hCG levels at as low as 20 mIU - or at around 8 days following implantation of the egg...If a woman is pregnant, the amount of hCG in her system should be around 25 mIU at 10 dpo (days past ovulation), 50 mIU at 12 dpo, 100 mIU at around two weeks dpo...Drugstore pregnancy tests generally detect pregnancy at 50 mIU - 100 mIU hCG, though you can find early-detection pregnancy tests on the Internet with sensitivity levels as low as 20 mIU.

If your girlfriend has used pregnancy as a means to gain attention or somehow to keep you around, that is a serious issue, and not one that you need to accept. Whether or not you two are having sex, she really needs to figure out a way to not keep stringing you along in this manner.

If she genuinely thinks that she does keep getting pregnant, then she really needs to look into a better method of birth control (I'm on The Pill, and love that, but there are a ton of other methods of birth control available). It's not fair to herself or to you to continually put you both in this position. It's emotionally and physically draining to have pregnancy scare after pregnancy scare.

If she isn't being honest about this, then that's not something I'd recommend dealing with. She would obviously have some sort of issue with attention that is well beyond what you should be expected to deal with.

Honestly, I wouldn't even bother to stick around "just in case" she is pregnant (because I doubt she is). I wouldn't worry about any legal recourse (although you both are likely under the age of consent, I have not heard of a case of prosecution due to underage sex when neither partner is of the age of consent).

You need to do what's right for you. And, to me, it sounds like this girl is not right for you.

I think you both need to relax a little bit before worrying if she is pregnant. It doesn't seem like you guys even did enough to have to worry about a pregnancy. If she is pregnant, you are going to need to wait for the baby to be born before getting a paternity test. But it will be essential to get a paternity test.
      Signature removed by staff. You must have 50 posts in order to provide a link in your signature.