My Little Pony Friendship is Magic

• Re: My Little Pony Friendship is Magic

fact-only fandom EVER who actually has on multiple occasions DIRECTLY influenced the making of the show
      also, been dissed on fox news, therefore, we are doing something right
      finally, featured in LOTS of newspapers
      lots of our troops are bronies, so fuck you and your opinions of us not being manly
      also, conventions all over the country taking place all the time
      [SIGPIC]http://www.teenhut.net/signaturepics/sigpic150861_20.gif[/SIGPIC]
      [COLOR="Red"][SIZE="4"]Do you know that gods of death love apples?[/SIZE][/COLOR]

pyrosonicpony wrote:

not mad about it, it's a damn good show, and i like it, but more than anything, i like the fandom, the community is awesome, we have amazing people and have made some amazing original music and animation, some pretty amazing fanfics (along with quite a few very.....disturbing ones admittedly) and LOTS AND LOTS AND LOTS OF FANART, just go on deviantart or the art section of equestria daily, heck, just google mlp:fim fanart
      you cannot deny our power and influence, nor that if there are this many people there must be a reason for it
      hell, thismoring we got featured in USA today
      and what grounds do you have to judge on? everyone seems to be avoiding this question
      What power and influence? There's plenty of shows on TV that have more fans and viewers than MLP. Look at shows like The Walking Dead, Sons of Anarchy, Game of Thrones, etc. The only difference is fans of those shows aren't complete fags about it. They watch the show every week, enjoy it and talk to their friends about it for 10-15 minutes. They don't buy stuffed dolls of the characters and rub their cocks on them, spend 10 hours a day analyzing each episode, create a name for themselves based off their fandom of the show or try and force other people to "understand their lifestyle"

You're all complete fucking fags, dude.

um, i'm not a fag about it, you have OBVIOUSLY never met a true pony fag
      and we spend time talking about the fan-related stuff more than the episodes....
      also, we didn't create the name, everyone else did, we just have adopted it
      and just because some of us are furries (i don't know any) doesn't mean we are all into that stuff, so YOU get your facts straight and stop generalizing

and just a thought
      maybe the reason that people don't talk as much about those other shows is they are just fans....we are a fandom, there is a difference
      also, as a side note, have you considered that most bronies tend to be geeks, just sayin
      someone once said (paraphrased a bit) that being a geek is a license to openly emote on a somewhat childish level your love of somthing....in this case ponies
      what is funny is that people who are like this about anything else, anime junkies, trekies, whovians, etc. dont recieve nearly the same amount of crap and they are all over it to
      we just recieve a damn lot of attention because we are different
      [COLOR="Red"][SIZE="4"]Do you know that gods of death love apples?[/SIZE][/COLOR]

pyrosonicpony wrote:

and just a thought
      maybe the reason that people don't talk as much about those other shows is they are just fans....we are a fandom, there is a difference
      I'm in a "fandom" (over a band). Love them. You still won't find me preaching about how brilliant they are like they're a religion. That's not a fandom, that's obsession.

what is funny is that people who are like this about anything else, anime junkies, trekies, whovians, etc. dont recieve nearly the same amount of crap and they are all over it to
      Because Anime, Star Trek, and Doctor Who aren't TOYS originally aimed towards <ELEMENTARY SCHOOL AGE GIRLS.

Responses in blue. Now, good night. Enjoy your nap, kid.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Megs ().

pyrosonicpony wrote:

um, i'm not a fag about it, you have OBVIOUSLY never met a true pony fag
      and we spend time talking about the fan-related stuff more than the episodes....
      also, we didn't create the name, everyone else did, we just have adopted it
      and just because some of us are furries (i don't know any) doesn't mean we are all into that stuff, so YOU get your facts straight and stop generalizing

and just a thought
      also, as a side note, have you considered that most bronies tend to be geeks, just sayin
      someone once said (paraphrased a bit) that being a geek is a license to openly emote on a somewhat childish level your love of somthing....in this case ponies
      we just recieve a damn lot of attention because we are different

Bro-hoof.

In the end it's just different strokes for different folks. If people are instantly biased against it because of standards set by the world around them, they will hate it no matter what. They are entitled to that. However we are not all creepy rule 34 addicted people. The majority of us think that those people are a bit creepy.

meg.loomis wrote:

I didn't say "GAAAY", I just said it was a bit pitiful how you're mad about a show for prepubescent girls ;)

A show for young children and their families*
      (What the writer for the show originally had in mind for target demographic. Get thos facts straight ;D)
      Snowboard every damn day.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

The post was edited 1 time, last by Redlaser21 ().

Redlaser21 wrote:

Bro-hoof.

In the end it's just different strokes for different folks. If people are instantly biased against it because of standards set by the world around them, they will hate it no matter what. They are entitled to that. However we are not all creepy rule 34 addicted people. The majority of us think that those people are a bit creepy.

A show for young children and their families*
      (What the writer for the show originally had in mind for target demographic. Get thos facts straight ;D)

a big part of the fandom is that we aren't afraid to break gender stereotypes, we can take a hit or two, and well generally just be awesome even when others try to bring us down

the reason i am so open about being a brony is that i am secure enough in my own masculinity, open minded enough, and accepting enough to know that i have discovered somthing awesome
      and none of you can take that away

as for the R34 stuff, im just gonna say, i don't think of them as creepy really, they can like whatever bucking thing they want, it's not my business or place to judge them....
      and brohoof to you my friend

There is nothing masculine about being a brony. This is such a common misconception, that by doing something or liking something extremely gay, it's "masculine" as long as you admit to it. "Bro, I just took a dick in the ass. I'm totally masculine that way." No, fuck you. Watching a show that was created for little girls (yes, assholes, it was) when you're a teenage to middle aged man, is fucking gay.

Just look at this faggot (cringe warning) :
      [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2qS5jmm2HPU]My Little Pony: FIM Presentation - YouTube[/ame]

That doesn't make him masculine. It makes him a total fag who people laugh at. We're not the weird ones for looking down on you. You are the weird ones, the 1%, the outsiders, the losers. Kill yourselves.

ok, first of all, i am not gay, in fact, about 90% of the bronies i know are not gay
      second, when i say i am secure in my masuculinity, i mean i don't need some dumb-ass judgemental jerk, or jock, or frankly anyone to tell me i am a man, i have and awesome girlfriend, awesome friends, etc.
      and i bet you if you liked somthing that other people stereotyped like this, you wouldn't have the balls to go out and say it. you'd be the kind that hide in the closet and don't tell a soul
      the show is awesome, the fandom is awesome, and the mindset it gives you is great
      it is extremely liberating and generally awesome
      and we are no longer a small group of people
      we are everywhere
      we are soliders
      we are doctors
      we come from every walk of life
      as for this 'misconception' bullshit

i bet you at least one of your friends, if you infact have any IRL, is a brony, and they just haven't told you because they know you'd flip a bitch about it
      we have nothing to prove to you
      we are here to stay so take your close-minded, gender profiling, stereotyping, generall paraspriting elswhere

---------- Post added at 11:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:49 PM ----------

sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos…10479228_2036762679_n.jpg

I honestly can't tell if you are a troll. I could be wasting my time here, but I've seen too many people who are serious about stuff like this, so I'm going to say this anyway:

A wonderful thing about a lot of communities, like bronies, is the creative ways in which people get involved in the fandom. Art, music, video, fanfiction, meet ups. Instead, you choose to spend your time bitching and moaning about how people don't have the same likes and dislikes as you, whilst offering nothing of substance in return. That's what it boils down to. If you're not prepared to encounter people who don't who don't like the same things as you, then I wish you the best of luck in the real world. You're going to need it.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Eminemaniac ().

Eminemaniac wrote:

I honestly can't tell if you are a troll. I could be wasting my time here, but I've seen too many people who are serious about stuff like this, so I'm going to say this anyway:

A wonderful thing about a lot of communities, like bronies, is the creative ways in which people get involved in the fandom. Art, music, video, fanfiction, meet ups. Instead, you choose to spend your time bitching and moaning about how people don't have the same likes and dislikes as you, whilst offering nothing of substance in return. That's what it boils down to. If you're not prepared to encounter people who don't who don't like the same things as you, then I wish you the best of luck in the real world. You're going to need it.

The bombest wrote:

You like something that nobody else likes. That's you. And fags are people who just try to fit in, and not be themselves.

I am not trolling, and you are right, the creativity of bronies is amazing and i love it, the fanart is amazing, the people are amazing, and i do create my own stuff, i make music with my brony friend.
      I am prepared to encounter them, and i WILL stand up to the ones like Ari Gold who generalize, stereotype, troll, hate, and attack me, my friends, and the fandom
      one of the characters, rainbowdash, is the embodyment of loyalty, and i am being loyal to these people and to my own beliefs. Also, it is an unwritten law that while we will accept people who go against us with good reason, this does not always apply. If someone hate simply because of un-based, highly biased opinions, especially if they haven't at least given the show a try, and done so with an open mind, they are generally considered target practice so to speak.

also, bombest, others like it, just not a ton of people, and being a brony is being myself so not a fag.
      thank you bombest, you are awesome