Firefox vs. Chrome

• Firefox vs. Chrome

I just recently downloaded Chrome, and I'm trying it out right now as I type this. I've used Firefox for literally years, and I thought I would try out another browser. In your opinion, which is the best browser? Not the best company or update schedule, but literally, what is the best overall browser? I have noticed that Firefox is WAY more customizable, and I can have it not save history without being in Private Browsing/Incognito.
    • Re: Firefox vs. Chrome

For me, Chrome has always worked astoundingly well. But after my laptop contracted a virus and I had to borrow my mom's until mine got fixed, I found that Chrome wouldn't download on her computer, so I resorted to using Firefox. I admit, I do like it a lot.
      Personally, I like both a lot.
      I think my preference might sway more towards Chrome, mostly because I've become so used to it, and it works so fast for me.

Firefox fer sure. It has way more customization in my opinion. Plus, some of the add-ons found on Firefox that are also on Google, seem to be more better on Firefox, but I can only vouch for one add-on, since I don't use Chrome much; Chrome is excellent for coding manipulation, since I haven't seen Firefox do what Chrome does (edit a website, and the website changes to that code).

Firefox wins for me, but I don't mind using Chrome. I mostly use it just to test websites. I started using it just after Firefox 3.6 was released, but once 4 came out, I immediately switched back. I thought I'd have an issue adjusting to the tabs being above the address bar, but I didn't even notice.

Firefox wins because:

- More mature add-on community. Chrome has add-ons, and even some that exist on Firefox, but I find the ones for Firefox just work better, especially a particular one that I cannot say here because it's not allowed. One thing I have to give credit for to Chrome is you can install/remove/disable/enable add-ons without having to restart the browser. I hope Firefox includes that feature sometime in the future.

- The option to delete all history and usage upon closing. This was one of the things that really annoyed me with Chrome, and it still annoys me that they haven't implemented this yet.

- I don't do much customization, but there are more options with Firefox than Chrome.

- Searches can open in a new tab. This is the #1 thing about Chrome that I dislike, and when I was using it I couldn't find a solution. It's great that they combined the address bar and search bar into one field, but they didn't consider that when I wanted to search for something, I want the results in a new tab?

- No spyware in Firefox. Chrome tracks a lot of what you do with the browser. Some of it can be disabled, but not all of it.

Some good things about Chrome:

- Chrome will always be slightly ahead in terms of standards adoption, but I think that has more to do with the fact that it has Google behind it than anything else.

- Many say Chrome is faster and snappier, but I find Firefox 4 and 5 to be just as snappy and responsive. Either way, both are fast.

- Not plagued by memory leaks like Firefox.

- Opens a page's source in a new tab by default.

- Download manager is better.

Matt wrote:

Firefox fer sure. It has way more customization in my opinion. Plus, some of the add-ons found on Firefox that are also on Google, seem to be more better on Firefox, but I can only vouch for one add-on, since I don't use Chrome much;

Probably the same add-on I am thinking of.

Matt wrote:

Chrome is excellent for coding manipulation, since I haven't seen Firefox do what Chrome does (edit a website, and the website changes to that code).

Firebug
      addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/web-developer/

You won't even remember Chrome exists.
      "I've never understood ethnic or national pride, because to me pride should be reserved for something you achieve or attain on your own, not something that happens by accident of birth."
      - George Carlin

Striker88;1062839033 wrote:

You know why nobody has gotten evidence? God hasn't allowed that and won't.

I enjoy Chrome at this point. I enjoy it because of how I can customize it AND it doesn't take up any room on the screen w/ toolbars, etc. (I don't know if that's possible with Firefox right now, but it wasn't at the time that I used it heavily) I also have all the tools I need to see every page (no, "you are using the wrong browser" crap that you used to get w/ chrome in the past). Also on my old laptop there was a noticeable difference between the Firefox and Chrome speeds. On this one, not-so-much. But I'm glad I used Chrome now because of that syncing feature I thought I'd never use. It literally took me 10 seconds to have Chrome on this laptop EXACTLY like it was on my old one.
      fuck.

I personally prefer Firefox primarily because I disliked the look and feel of Chrome. Yes, Firefox 4 and 5 look similar, but I always found Chrome a bit awkward to use.
      Secondly, I dislike the spyware hidden in Chrome. Then again, just searching something in Google does the same thing (unless you use DuckDuckGo or something), but an application doing that makes me somewhat paranoid.

Matt wrote:

Firefox fer sure. It has way more customization in my opinion. Plus, some of the add-ons found on Firefox that are also on Google, seem to be more better on Firefox, but I can only vouch for one add-on, since I don't use Chrome much; Chrome is excellent for coding manipulation, since I haven't seen Firefox do what Chrome does (edit a website, and the website changes to that code).

This is why I use chrome, but I also use firefox if I need an app not available for chrome.

If you'd have asked me 4 months ago I would've said Firefox. Now I'm a fully converted Chrome user and I have no intentions of switching. It's the most user-friendly, fastest and safest browser.
      Link(s) removed by staff member
      [SIZE=1]A minimum of 50 posts is required before links (excluding TeenHut.net) may be posted in signatures. Please read the Forum Rules and Guidelines to prevent further action(s).[/SIZE]

Blackwell wrote:

If you'd have asked me 4 months ago I would've said Firefox. Now I'm a fully converted Chrome user and I have no intentions of switching. It's the most user-friendly, fastest and safest browser.

Not sure about the most user-friendly, but I'll give it the safety award (but it also gets the spyware award).
      "I've never understood ethnic or national pride, because to me pride should be reserved for something you achieve or attain on your own, not something that happens by accident of birth."
      - George Carlin

Striker88;1062839033 wrote:

You know why nobody has gotten evidence? God hasn't allowed that and won't.

I like it's user-friendlyness... But it may just be because I've been using it since beta so I know exactly how everything works and how to get around it's downfalls. Best thing I've found about it is a cool little app that opens IE inside chrome for those ONLY IE pages without cutting down on the speed of chrome.
      fuck.