Steve Jobs Resigns

• Re: Steve Jobs Resigns

plax77 wrote:

Doesn't 1st gen anything suck?(references an earlier thread about a certain Mac OS...) I have a 2nd gen :p

lol, this reminds me of a rant about the first version of Mac OS X.
      User talking about the dock: "You gotta angle around and dodge the thing to get to the control. It's kinda like boxing with your computer. I can put it on the bottom, I can put it on the left, I can put it on the right -- NOO I can't put it on the top; that's reserved for the mighty blue apple!"

T-Pain wrote:

Apple products are shit. Can't wait for them to fuck off and die.

I wouldn't say they're shit. Apple products are good, just not as good as people make them out to be. Some of them are just useless (i.e. the iPad).

Tombgeek wrote:

I wouldn't say they're shit. Apple products are good, just not as good as people make them out to be. Some of them are just useless (i.e. the iPad).

Saying it's useless is a bit extreme. For instance, some people find it very useful... it's the people who treat it as a computer replacement that are complete idiots.
      [LEFT][COLOR="Black"]“Happiness can be found, even in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”[/COLOR][/LEFT]
      [COLOR="DarkRed"][RIGHT]Albus Percival Wulfric Brian Dumbledore - Just chillin' out down here at Kings Cross Station y'all! It's a bit foggy though... what's up with that?[/RIGHT][/COLOR]
      [CENTER][/CENTER]

Richard :) wrote:

Already been said...

Would you believe me if I told you I hadn't seen the same thing on this thread?

Either way.....CURSE YOU WHOEVER POSTED THAT JOKE FIRST!!
      If you smacked a kid with a bottle of 'Johnson's No More Tears', wouldn't it create beautiful irony?

The post was edited 1 time, last by Matt93 ().

Albus Dumbledore wrote:

Saying it's useless is a bit extreme. For instance, some people find it very useful... it's the people who treat it as a computer replacement that are complete idiots.

To the common user, they're useless. Apple uses aggressive advertising, hype and fanboys to sell this product to people. If you were using an iPad as an extension to some desktop application or use for any other purpose but playing Angry Birds and reading ebooks, I'd say its useful. It can have great use in the medical and engineering field, but the common user has no need for one. A laptop or even a netbook shall suffice. If you want to read an ebook, get a Nook or Kindle (for an alternative that's not plagued with DRM).

The only reason the iPad is the "best" tablet is because there has not been a decent tablet OS that rivals iOS. Earlier versions of Android sucked (for tablets). The current version is good, but it depends on the hardware. For example, an Acer tablet is slow and painful to use, whereas the Asus, HTC and Samsung tablet are absolutely brilliant! The only problem with Android is that it doesn't rival iOS in terms of UI user-friendliness. If there's one thing Apple does brilliantly, it's user interfaces.

David wrote:

LOL, the Kindle has a shitload of DRM. It can be jailbroken of course, but still.

lol. I just realized my spelling error. I meant to say "or" instead of "for."

But yes, the thing I dislike about the Kindle, apart from the fact that South Africa does not have an Amazon store, is the fact it's riddled with DRM. The product itself is brilliant compared to the shit that exists, but I'd rather get a DRM-free one. Not that I'm planning on buying a reader any time soon -- ebooks (at least over here) are as expensive, if not more, as their printed counterparts.