God REAL or FAKE

• Re: God REAL or FAKE

I pray 24 times a day. Once each hour.

Yes, so I even pray in my sleep. I love Him that much. :)

JCpatriots wrote:

:rofl:

LanaSaysZoo wrote:

yea lol um god and religion has the same value as my mother telling me to "be good" so i can get presents from "santa clause" its all made up to scare people into being nice. if there was a god why would such a loving person have a place like hell to send his children and if no one is above him why is the devil always lurking around. if he controls everything and everyones fate why does he allow people to kill and "sin" if hes gonna send them to the mean steamy sauna of time out lol. its all a fairytale...not to be a bitch but the believers are naive and ignorant, i feel bad for them

Lmao, awesome.

Brandon13th wrote:

For me i think its real because whats up with the sciptures written on around BCs ........
      but ye im kinda going to hell thinking god is not real

wat
      "I've never understood ethnic or national pride, because to me pride should be reserved for something you achieve or attain on your own, not something that happens by accident of birth."
      - George Carlin

Striker88;1062839033 wrote:

You know why nobody has gotten evidence? God hasn't allowed that and won't.

Atheism - The belief that there was nothing happened to nothing and then nothing magically exploded for no reason, creating everything and then a bunch of everything magically rearranged itself for no reason whatsoever into self-replicating bits which then turned into dinosaurs.
      I don't know for sure whether there is or is not a God, so I choose to remain agnostic. However, to all the 'atheists' (I use that term loosely as most that claim to be are agnostic) that bash on Christians for having faith, you also have faith in science. I don't see you doing your own research or hypothesising about the beginning of the universe yourself, you're blindly accepting what science tells you because you think it makes sense. Shall we think back to the origins of the universe? So, there was nothing and then there suddenly was something? Makes perfect sense? Where did that something come from? And that something cannot be metaphysical (like a God would be) otherwise it would not have created us, therefore it cannot just deify logic at its own will. Someone please explain this to me.
      Also, I recommend you people research Cartesian doubt and Lex parsimoniae and the preclusion of God from science.
      Science existing (or seemingly so) does not mean that God does not exist.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Sum ().

Sum wrote:

Atheism - The belief that there was nothing happened to nothing and then nothing magically exploded for no reason, creating everything and then a bunch of everything magically rearranged itself for no reason whatsoever into self-replicating bits which then turned into dinosaurs.
      I don't know for sure whether there is or is not a God, so I choose to remain agnostic. However, to all the 'atheists' (I use that term loosely as most that claim to be are agnostic) that bash on Christians for having faith, you also have faith in science. I don't see you doing your own research or hypothesising about the beginning of the universe yourself, you're blindly accepting what science tells you because you think it makes sense. Shall we think back to the origins of the universe? So, there was nothing and then there suddenly was something? Makes perfect sense? Where did that something come from? And that something cannot be metaphysical (like a God would be) otherwise it would not have created us, therefore it cannot just deify logic at its own will. Someone please explain this to me.
      Also, I recommend you people research Cartesian doubt and Lex parsimoniae and the preclusion of God from science.
      Science existing (or seemingly so) does not mean that God does not exist.

I'm not even sure how to respond to this pile of ignorance, so I'll just touch on the biggest fallacy.

Atheism has nothing to do with science or the origin of the universe.
      "I've never understood ethnic or national pride, because to me pride should be reserved for something you achieve or attain on your own, not something that happens by accident of birth."
      - George Carlin

Sum wrote:

However, to all the 'atheists' (I use that term loosely as most that claim to be are agnostic) that bash on Christians for having faith, you also have faith in science. I don't see you doing your own research or hypothesising about the beginning of the universe yourself, you're blindly accepting what science tells you because you think it makes sense.
      It's physically impossible for us to become educated entirely when it comes to every single scientific concept. We have to rely on scientists and researchers to study and figure out the workings of our universe.

And when millions of scientists have had time to study, scrutinize, and analyze a scientific theory, and they all agree on its authenticity, it's not on faith that we decide to accept their conclusions; it's common sense. That is, unless you hold the belief that millions of scientists are conspiring to mislead the public.

Sum wrote:

Shall we think back to the origins of the universe? So, there was nothing and then there suddenly was something? Makes perfect sense? Where did that something come from?
      Why can't the universe be eternal?
      [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

beastman92 wrote:

Whatever unnatural thing that caused our universe is our deity.

Why does it have to be unnatural?
      - George Carlin

1 word
      evolution
      and no animal evolution
      overal planet evolution or evolution of the universe
      science has proved how planets have formed, how planets are developed, and how life developed over BILLIONS of years on this planet
      and
      its happening on other planets out there in the BILLIONS of other galaxies, and as for the other universes (yes, astronomers ans scientists speculate that there are BILLIONS of other universes out there, all moving and floating in some other void the is "endless") who knows whats going on
      no god created any of that, its all just something that has happened over the course of billions and billions of years
      everything out there and life on this planet is a complete fluke, and just the way thing works scientific wise

i dont even no if that made sense, im fuck'd out of my mind :drink::lolz::lolz::drink:
      [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I believe in two deities. These deities have representations in all of nature - the elements, plants, and I believe that the energy of these two deities is within every person.

My deities are not all-loving and kind. They are both good and evil. For example, one of them is the embodiment of both life and death.

But they are not necessarily two people floating up in the sky granting wishes. Like I said before - I believe they are within everyone, every living being, from each blade of grass to every baby.

My personal beliefs, though I'm still not totally sure of this, is that they may be in the afterlife with their main source of energy, and when a new living creature is born, they send a small portion of their life energy to it.

Another small thing - while the deities are the origin of life, I don't think they have direct influence over people, because individually they are not all-powerful. But if I use the energy I have within me that they gave me at birth, they can assist me in carrying out a plan or recovering or something like that.

Just my opinion. I can't stand people who generalize and think all deities are like the God of the Abrahamic religions, though. I believe in dieties, but I can't stand the idea of something being "perfect" and "all-powerful." If something is perfect and all-powerful, we are nothing but minions and we don't really have any choices in life. That just sounds depressing.
      [COLOR="Green"][FONT="Comic Sans MS"]To make my dreams come true. To protect the ones I love. And to keep fighting.
      The star inside my heart... please keep on shining strong and bring me power![/FONT][/COLOR]

Dr.Carter;2785725 wrote:

The only thing worse than a smart-ass is a dumb smart-ass.

JoBro wrote:

Just my opinion. I can't stand people who generalize and think all deities are like the God of the Abrahamic religions, though. I believe in dieties, but I can't stand the idea of something being "perfect" and "all-powerful." If something is perfect and all-powerful, we are nothing but minions and we don't really have any choices in life. That just sounds depressing.
      A lot of things in life sound depressing, and are depressing. That doesn't negate the fact that they exist.

Do you believe in two deities because they have a scientifically based backing, or because all the other options just sound "depressing?"
      [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]