God REAL or FAKE

• Re: God REAL or FAKE

beastman92 wrote:

From a natural science standpoint, it created our universe from nothing, which goes against the fundamental laws of science. Since it doesn't obey the laws of natural science, it is thus unnatural. That's all I meant.

The "fundamental laws of science" exist as they do in our universe. The laws of science and physics were probably different before our universe.
      "I've never understood ethnic or national pride, because to me pride should be reserved for something you achieve or attain on your own, not something that happens by accident of birth."
      - George Carlin

Striker88;1062839033 wrote:

You know why nobody has gotten evidence? God hasn't allowed that and won't.

LuklaAdvocate wrote:

A lot of things in life sound depressing, and are depressing. That doesn't negate the fact that they exist.

Do you believe in two deities because they have a scientifically based backing, or because all the other options just sound "depressing?"

The fact that I view those gods as depressing is why those aren't the ones I believe in, but it isn't the reason I believe in the ones I do.
      [COLOR="Green"][FONT="Comic Sans MS"]To make my dreams come true. To protect the ones I love. And to keep fighting.
      The star inside my heart... please keep on shining strong and bring me power![/FONT][/COLOR]

Dr.Carter;2785725 wrote:

The only thing worse than a smart-ass is a dumb smart-ass.

JoBro wrote:

The fact that I view those gods as depressing is why those aren't the ones I believe in, but it isn't the reason I believe in the ones I do.
      So you're basing your belief, or lack thereof, on emotion and not tangibility?
      If you don't believe in certain deities because they sound depressing, then that is at least partially affecting why you believe in your particular deities.

Also, you mentioned that your deities are both good and evil, embodying life and death. Isn't the idea of death just as depressing, if not more so, than "perfection" or omnipotence? Which would go directly against your belief that a depressing deity does not exist.
      [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

DamnImGood wrote:

The "fundamental laws of science" exist as they do in our universe. The laws of science and physics were probably different before our universe.

Their science had to be different if they made our universe because they would be breaking the rules of our natural sciences that govern our universe if they existed in our universe.

Being limited to the 3rd dimension sucks. lol. So much we don't and won't be able to definitely prove.

I'm a Christian so I believe God is real! The reason why there is world hunger, suicide and many more horrible things in the world is that the world is full of sin. Sin is a wrong doing in Gods eyes. It's like murder and stuff like that. Read genesis in the bible and you'll see how sin happened. I'm sure you've all heard of the bible but the part you want to know is whether he's real. Read the new testament and you'll see God is loving and kind. Read what Jesus says in the new testament. If you want to know what God is all about you need to look into it for yourself, look up real testimonies on the Internet ( like YouTube ) and hear about his miracles. Like the way to know a maths formula is to study it, jut like the way to discover what Jesus or God is all about with the bible. Just to tell you all, he is full of love. He is not a grumpy thousands if years old man ordering people around in heaven. He made us to have a relationship with him. A one on one friendship. He is your best friend, your father, someone to go to in hard times but all your lord! He made you how you are and loves you. Whenever you feel like crap just pray to him, even if you feel like an idiot. What have you got to lose anyway? Just be like what the hell is happening?! I loved my life before. Keep on doing that and look him up in the bible and he will reveal himself to you he loves you all!

Amber!!14 wrote:

I'm a Christian so I believe God is real! The reason why there is world hunger, suicide and many more horrible things in the world is that the world is full of sin. Sin is a wrong doing in Gods eyes. It's like murder and stuff like that. Read genesis in the bible and you'll see how sin happened. I'm sure you've all heard of the bible but the part you want to know is whether he's real. Read the new testament and you'll see God is loving and kind. Read what Jesus says in the new testament. If you want to know what God is all about you need to look into it for yourself, look up real testimonies on the Internet ( like YouTube ) and hear about his miracles. Like the way to know a maths formula is to study it, jut like the way to discover what Jesus or God is all about with the bible. Just to tell you all, he is full of love. He is not a grumpy thousands if years old man ordering people around in heaven. He made us to have a relationship with him. A one on one friendship. He is your best friend, your father, someone to go to in hard times but all your lord! He made you how you are and loves you. Whenever you feel like crap just pray to him, even if you feel like an idiot. What have you got to lose anyway? Just be like what the hell is happening?! I loved my life before. Keep on doing that and look him up in the bible and he will reveal himself to you he loves you all!

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Have you ever even read the bible?

LuklaAdvocate wrote:

So you're basing your belief, or lack thereof, on emotion and not tangibility?
      If you don't believe in certain deities because they sound depressing, then that is at least partially affecting why you believe in your particular deities.

Also, you mentioned that your deities are both good and evil, embodying life and death. Isn't the idea of death just as depressing, if not more so, than "perfection" or omnipotence? Which would go directly against your belief that a depressing deity does not exist.

I suppose so, but all religions are based off of faith, are they not? I don't believe you could EVER find ANY proof for any god, I think it's just a matter of faith. But I don't have any problem with people who don't have faith for any religion - I only recently discovered my path. Only a few years ago I called myself an Atheist, and I never thought I would see otherwise. But everything happens for a reason, and I am no longer Atheist.

While some people look at death as depressing, I don't. When a friend dies, yes, that is sad, but I believe in reincarnation, and when you are born into a new life you are offered opportunities that you couldn't have in your previous life. Death offers new chances and a clean slate.
      [COLOR="Green"][FONT="Comic Sans MS"]To make my dreams come true. To protect the ones I love. And to keep fighting.
      The star inside my heart... please keep on shining strong and bring me power![/FONT][/COLOR]

Dr.Carter;2785725 wrote:

The only thing worse than a smart-ass is a dumb smart-ass.

JoBro wrote:

While some people look at death as depressing, I don't. When a friend dies, yes, that is sad, but I believe in reincarnation, and when you are born into a new life you are offered opportunities that you couldn't have in your previous life. Death offers new chances and a clean slate.

Why do you believe in reincarnation?
      "I've never understood ethnic or national pride, because to me pride should be reserved for something you achieve or attain on your own, not something that happens by accident of birth."
      - George Carlin

Yes I've read the bible! My faith is not based on emotion. You need to experience it for yourself. The only way to know hes real is to look into what God and Christianity is about and the bible is a good place to start. No matter how much I explain what God has done for me you still won't believe it because you need to see stuff for yourself

---------- Post added at 02:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:27 PM ----------

The way to see stuff for yourself is looking into it as I've said. Oh and something else, you have feelings and thoughts. Can you touch them? NO. can you see them? NO. Can you prove them to others? NO. Same with God and what I believe in

Amber!!14 wrote:

Yes I've read the bible! My faith is not based on emotion. You need to experience it for yourself. The only way to know hes real is to look into what God and Christianity is about and the bible is a good place to start. No matter how much I explain what God has done for me you still won't believe it because you need to see stuff for yourself
      Well, according to the bible you should shut the fuck up:

"Let your women keep silence in the churches: for it is not permitted unto them to speak; but they are commanded to be under obedience as also saith the law. And if they will learn any thing, let them ask their husbands at home: for it is a shame for women to speak in the church."
      - 1 Corinthians 14:34-36

"Wives, submit yourselves unto your own husbands, as unto the Lord. For the husband is the head of the wife, even as Christ is the head of the church: and he is the saviour of the body. Therefore as the church is subject unto Christ, so let the wives be to their own husbands in every thing" Ephesians 5:22-24

"Let the woman learn in silence with all subjection. But I suffer not a woman to teach, nor to usurp authority over the man, but to be in silence. For Adam was first formed, then Eve. And Adam was not deceived, but the woman being deceived was in the transgression. Notwithstanding she shall be saved in childbearing."
      -1 Timothy 2:11-15

"Likewise, ye wives, be in subjection to your own husbands. " 1 Peter 3:1

Oh and thanks for damning us all you fucking bitch.

"And a man will choose any wickedness, but the wickedness of a woman...Sin began with a woman and thanks to her we all must die."
      Ecclesiasticus, 25:18

I personaly don't believe in the lord i don't believe there is a greater deity that created the world. I think it was just conincidence that everything came together as it did and evolution took care of the rest. I'm not skeptical about a greater deity though i try to look at some religions hypothetically just for the benifit of the doubt maybe one of these gods will reveal themself to me and i can have full faith (not likely)

I began doubting the existence of God at around the age of ten, after some personal problems I became an agnostic. A few years later I was introduced to George Carlin's comedy and wit and became an atheist.

I just don't see how people can believe that there is such a simple answer in God that explains the complexity of the universe.

Well I have a few verses for you!
      Plus your not my husband...

"Thou shall not take the name of the LORD thy God in vain; for the LORD will not hold him guiltless that takes his name in vain." exodus 20:7

You cannot say some of the bible and not believe the rest
      The bible is gods word don't take it lightly or twist what he say.

Romans 1:20 For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse:

He made everything and has power over you!
      Honor the LORD with your wealth and with the best part of everything you produce. Proverbs 3:9

That's also where tithing came from
      If your going to read the bible read it to see if he's real, how he works And what he stands for or don't read at all, this is called selective reading. Only seeing what you

2 Timothy 3:16-17
      New International Version (NIV)
      16 All Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness, 17 so that the servant of God[a] may be thoroughly equipped for every good work.

And one more
      John 3:36—He who believes in the Son has everlasting life; and he who does not believe the Son shall not see life, but the wrath of God abides on him.

---------- Post added at 04:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:06 PM ----------

Selective reading is only reading what you want and ignoring the rest

---------- Post added at 04:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:09 PM ----------

If you think some of its real that means all of it is all scripture is from god.

Above all, you must understand that no prophecy of Scripture came about by the prophet's own interpretation. 2Peter 1:20

---------- Post added at 04:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:11 PM ----------

Oh so you believe I damned you to hell? Well salvation us the way tigeaven ;)

*16 For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.
      John 3:16

---------- Post added at 04:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:13 PM ----------

** to heaven

JoBro wrote:

I suppose so, but all religions are based off of faith, are they not?
      All religions? I wouldn't go as far as to say that. You'd be hard pressed to find a deist who has faith.

Additionally, there's a difference between predicating your belief on faith, and then having faith as a byproduct of your belief. Scientists like Francis Collins don't believe in God based exclusively on faith; they believe because they've found (in their view) tangible proof of God, and as a result end up having faith in God.

JoBro wrote:

I don't believe you could EVER find ANY proof for any god, I think it's just a matter of faith. But I don't have any problem with people who don't have faith for any religion - I only recently discovered my path. Only a few years ago I called myself an Atheist, and I never thought I would see otherwise. But everything happens for a reason, and I am no longer Atheist.
      Why can't there be proof of a God?

JoBro wrote:

It's statistically impossible to continuously be born into a new, more opportunistic life. At some point, you're going to be born into a life which is less favorable than your last one. Would that not be depressing? Likewise, even in the case of reincarnation, you're still leaving behind your family, friends and memories with death. Would that also not be depressing?

Moreover, the human race isn't going to exist perpetually. At some point, we're going to die off, as will all life on earth. At this point, death isn't going to offer any new chances.
      [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Thou shall not take the name of the LORD thy God in vain; for the LORD will not hold him guiltless that takes his name in vain." exodus 20:7
      Why would I care? I don't believe in that shit. Goddammit. Jesus Christ. Holy christ on a cross.

I don't believe any of it. However, if you do, you need to stop teaching me. The bible does not permit women to teach.

No, he didn't. My parents did. And I control my own actions, as you control your own.

If your going to read the bible read it to see if he's real, how he works And what he stands for or don't read at all, this is called selective reading. Only seeing what you
      Read the entire thing many times. It's one of the main reasons I don't believe. It's ridiculous, nonsensical bullshit where nearly all of it has been proven scientifically false or at the very least improbable. You really think a 900 year old man gathered 7 (not 2, the bible says 7) of every animal and put them on a boat? You really think the earth is 6000 years old? Lmao.

16 All Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness, 17 so that the servant of God[a] may be thoroughly equipped for every good work.
      As a woman, you're not allowed to teach. You need a man to do that for you. 1 Timothy 2:12: "I do not permit a woman to teach or to have authority over a man; she must be silent." So again, god tells you to shut the fuck up.

And that's exactly what you're doing by trying to teach me the ways of the bible. Do you eat shrimp? What about pork? Do you wear clothes made of two different fabrics? Did you answer yes to any of the above questions? Congrats, you're a sinner and unless you repent you're going to hell!

If you think some of its real that means all of it is all scripture is from god.
      I don't think any of it is real. However, you do. So you need to learn to obey it. Sad I know more about the bible than someone who actually "follows" it.

Amber!!14 wrote:

Well I have a few verses for you!
      Plus your not my husband...

Romans 1:20 For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse:

Honor the LORD with your wealth and with the best part of everything you produce. Proverbs 3:9

And one more
      John 3:36—He who believes in the Son has everlasting life; and he who does not believe the Son shall not see life, but the wrath of God abides on him.

---------- Post added at 04:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:06 PM ----------

---------- Post added at 04:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:09 PM ----------

Above all, you must understand that no prophecy of Scripture came about by the prophet's own interpretation. 2Peter 1:20

---------- Post added at 04:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:11 PM ----------

Oh so you believe I damned you to hell? Well salvation us the way tigeaven ;)

*16 For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.
      John 3:16

---------- Post added at 04:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:13 PM ----------

** to heaven

Why is the Bible credible?
      - George Carlin

Whether you know more or not that's fine. My faith is based on my relationship with God a very religious person can know every single thing in the bible but not actually live by it and invite God into their life to direct it how God wants

---------- Post added at 02:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:23 PM ----------

But I understand where you are coming from and why you don't believe it. The only one that can get through to you is God

---------- Post added at 02:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:24 PM ----------

Yeah well I don't have authority over you but god does! Plus we are equals that was quoted for wives to their husbands. Women are equal to men even in the bible because god sent a woman to lead a war. So equality was practice back then too!

Amber!!14 wrote:

Whether you know more or not that's fine. My faith is based on my relationship with God a very religious person can know every single thing in the bible but not actually live by it and invite God into their life to direct it how God wants

---------- Post added at 02:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:23 PM ----------

But I understand where you are coming from and why you don't believe it. The only one that can get through to you is God

---------- Post added at 02:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:24 PM ----------

Yeah well I don't have authority over you but god does! Plus we are equals that was quoted for wives to their husbands. Women are equal to men even in the bible because god sent a woman to lead a war. So equality was practice back then too!

Why is the Bible credible?
      - George Carlin

Amber!!14 wrote:

Whether you know more or not that's fine. My faith is based on my relationship with God a very religious person can know every single thing in the bible but not actually live by it and invite God into their life to direct it how God want
      But you just said: "If you think some of its real that means all of it is all scripture is from god. " That seems like a contradiction to me.

The bible is quite clear that women are inferior to men, actually. However, with women like you in the world I can totally see where it's coming from. ;)