God REAL or FAKE

• Re: God REAL or FAKE

Well she's certainly living by the bible... she's just as contradictory :nono:
      [LEFT][COLOR="Black"]“Happiness can be found, even in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”[/COLOR][/LEFT]
      [COLOR="DarkRed"][RIGHT]Albus Percival Wulfric Brian Dumbledore - Just chillin' out down here at Kings Cross Station y'all! It's a bit foggy though... what's up with that?[/RIGHT][/COLOR]
      [CENTER][/CENTER]

Amber!!14 wrote:

Well I have a few verses for you!
      Plus your not my husband...

"Thou shall not take the name of the LORD thy God in vain; for the LORD will not hold him guiltless that takes his name in vain." exodus 20:7

You cannot say some of the bible and not believe the rest
      The bible is gods word don't take it lightly or twist what he say.

Romans 1:20 For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse:

He made everything and has power over you!
      Honor the LORD with your wealth and with the best part of everything you produce. Proverbs 3:9

That's also where tithing came from
      If your going to read the bible read it to see if he's real, how he works And what he stands for or don't read at all, this is called selective reading. Only seeing what you

2 Timothy 3:16-17
      New International Version (NIV)
      16 All Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness, 17 so that the servant of God[a] may be thoroughly equipped for every good work.

And one more
      John 3:36—He who believes in the Son has everlasting life; and he who does not believe the Son shall not see life, but the wrath of God abides on him.

---------- Post added at 04:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:06 PM ----------

Selective reading is only reading what you want and ignoring the rest

---------- Post added at 04:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:09 PM ----------

If you think some of its real that means all of it is all scripture is from god.

Above all, you must understand that no prophecy of Scripture came about by the prophet's own interpretation. 2Peter 1:20

---------- Post added at 04:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:11 PM ----------

Oh so you believe I damned you to hell? Well salvation us the way tigeaven ;)

*16 For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.
      John 3:16

---------- Post added at 04:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:13 PM ----------

** to heaven

Of course God exists. Why do you have to prove it and to whom?

I guess I had to explain my point.. I couldn't help it especially when people convince others he's not real and all that. But Gods bug enough to handle it. Anyway I'm sure they know there's more to life than just this

---------- Post added at 11:40 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:38 AM ----------

The spiritual realm is real! And inside they know it

NatashaJason wrote:

real 100%
      How do you think you're in this world?

Seriously?
      "I've never understood ethnic or national pride, because to me pride should be reserved for something you achieve or attain on your own, not something that happens by accident of birth."
      - George Carlin

Striker88;1062839033 wrote:

You know why nobody has gotten evidence? God hasn't allowed that and won't.

NatashaJason wrote:

real 100%
      How do you think you're in this world?
      The fact that my mother didn't believe in abortion. ;D

Good Ass Rob wrote:

As a woman, you're not allowed to teach. You need a man to do that for you. 1 Timothy 2:12: "I do not permit a woman to teach or to have authority over a man; she must be silent." So again, god tells you to shut the fuck up.
      That made me giggle. <3

~Maggot
      [size=3]Oh! why is phrensy called a curse?
      I deem the sense of misery worse:
      Come, Madness, come!
      [/size]

The post was edited 1 time, last by Goddess of Judecca ().

I believe in God.

Anyone actually interested try reading The Creator and the Cosmos. If you want to listen to a verbal synopsis, here is the link of the book. Hugh Ross - Origin of the Universe

Usually I stay out of these discussions because most atheists are ignorant just as hardcore Christians and Catholics are. Many use science too loosely as their reasoning behind why God doesn't exist, however science goes both ways. Give it a look if interested. Ross has some fucking amazing points and even Hawkins admits it who is a renown atheist. Don't get me wrong, there are excellent points to both sides so if anyone throws the word science around, take a look.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Ejayrazz ().

Ejayrazz wrote:

I believe in God.

Anyone actually interested try reading The Creator and the Cosmos. If you want to listen to a verbal synopsis, here is the link of the book. Hugh Ross - Origin of the Universe

Usually I stay out of these discussions because most atheists are ignorant just as hardcore Christians and Catholics are. Many use science too loosely as their reasoning behind why God doesn't exist, however science goes both ways. Give it a look if interested. Ross has some fucking amazing points and even Hawkins admits it who is a renown atheist. Don't get me wrong, there are excellent points to both sides so if anyone throws the word science around, take a look.
      I assume you meant Dawkins, as in Richard Dawkins? I actually have one of his books next to me. But he does have a habit of being severely misquoted by people.

~Maggot
      Come, Madness, come!
      [/size]

Stephen Hawking. Them two are always confused with each other. :D He is the dude in the wheelchair. He still doesn't believe in God, but Ross' point is scientifically and mathematically speaking, it's impossible for life to exist today by mere coincidence. It's a good theory with massive support, but like all theories, it's just a theory. Decently convincing.

Ejayrazz wrote:

Stephen Hawking. Them two are always confused with each other. :D He is the dude in the wheelchair. He still doesn't believe in God, but Ross' point is scientifically and mathematically speaking, it's impossible for life to exist today by mere coincidence. It's a good theory with massive support, but like all theories, it's just a theory. Decently convincing.
      I know who Stephen Hawking is. I know how to spell his name, too, so ner. :p

~Maggot
      Come, Madness, come!
      [/size]

Ejayrazz wrote:

Yeah, the "s" threw me off as well cause I was thinking of Dawkings as he's more known in this subject than Hawking.
      Noooooo. It's Richard Dawkins and Stephen Hawking. One has a "g," and one has an "s." They're not even from the same continent!

~Maggot
      Come, Madness, come!
      [/size]

Ejayrazz wrote:

I believe in God.

Usually I stay out of these discussions because most atheists are ignorant just as hardcore Christians and Catholics are. Many use science too loosely as their reasoning behind why God doesn't exist, however science goes both ways. Give it a look if interested.

Ejayrazz wrote:

It's a good theory with massive support, but like all theories, it's just a theory. Decently convincing.

I didn't read the whole book, but there are plenty of results on Google that where people break his argument down bit by bit to show any loopholes in his arguments.

A theory is not "just a theory". Our current knowledge doesn't exclude the existence of God, but it certainly does not require God for any explanations.

Ross has some fucking amazing points and even Hawkins admits it who is a renown atheist. Don't get me wrong, there are excellent points to both sides so if anyone throws the word science around, take a look.

Ejayrazz wrote:

He still doesn't believe in God, but Ross' point is scientifically and mathematically speaking, it's impossible for life to exist today by mere coincidence.

I didn't read/listen to that whole page you linked to, but it mentions Hawking twice:

1. Right underneath "New Scientific Evidence for the Existence of God"
      On that day, a discovery was announced that, in the words of the British physicist Steven Hawking, “…is the discovery of the century, if not of all time.”

Fallacy of quoting out of context - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I believe he was talking about some discovery that furthers our knowledge of the big bang (or something along those lines), and it has nothing to do with God or the mathematical possibility of life existing.

2. But through his contacts with certain Christians like his wife Jane, who’s an Anglican, as a friend of mine from Cal Tech, Don Page, who had daily Bible studies with Steven and Jane Hawking while he was doing research pointed out, if you prove that time has a beginning, that it was created, it eliminates all theological possibilities but Jesus Christ.

That's a pretty far jump considering all the creation stories/Gods that exist. Why Jesus Christ? Because that's what he was raised to believe? He offers an explanation, but even so, I don't think it excludes Islam or Judaism. Besides, using literal quotes from the old testament - while his entire book is based upon the fact that it mustn't be taken literally - doesn't really line up.

The post was edited 2 times, last by Scaredycrow ().