Already having second thoughts about college (HELP?!)

• Already having second thoughts about college (HELP?!)

I've only been at college a day, but for the past couple weeks, I've been having second thoughts about everything. Everyone on campus is nice and very friendly and I try to be like that too. I'm a very reserved person, and I like to keep to myself. So I'm pretty much faking all this smiling and introducing myself. I'm really not interested in meeting any of these people.

I'm terrified of all the academic work that will be coming up and I don't think I have the motivation to do it (I already have two assignments).

I think I would like it better if I could commute. I live only three miles away (ten minute drive) and it's weird because I'm homesick even though I know the area pretty well. The problem is, my mother will not let me commute right now. She told me to try it out for a year and MAYBE I can commute next year... It's hard getting through to her.

Also, she hates the idea of me not going to college and getting a job. I can understand that, but I don't feel like I'm ready to live at college right now. The options that I would like to have are 1) commute, 2) part time classes, and 3) get a job and take online classes...

Does anyone have any advice? How can I stop having these second thoughts and get myself together for just one year?
      [COLOR="Purple"][FONT="Fixedsys"]~bullet-proof lonliness~[/FONT][/COLOR]