Girlfriend wants to try pot.

• Re: Girlfriend wants to try pot.

I'm sorry about that dude. Teenhut used to be a great place for this kind of stuff, but it's taken a turn.

As for my personal opinion about what you originally asked - I can relate to you 100% dude. I'm the same way. Drugs are a HUGE turn off for me personally. I think they're among the stupidest things someone can do. People disagree, that's fine. But if my girlfriend (whom I love VERY much) started doing it, I don't know if I could be with her. I don't have to worry about that , thankfully. So all I can say is that I think you were right to give her an ultimatum. If she tries it, it's not the end of the world, but if she starts doing it as a user, well.. It's your call. Any updates? Has she tried it?
      [CENTER]To the dumb question, 'Why me?' the cosmos barely bothers to return the reply, 'Why not?[/CENTER]
      [CENTER]Hitchens[/CENTER]

I'll leave the "Weed isn't really a drug" debate alone, because wether it is or isn't is beside the point.

He's not FORCING it on her. As her boyfriend, he has a right to tell her if she's doing something that he doesn't like. Can you honestly not see that?
      [CENTER]To the dumb question, 'Why me?' the cosmos barely bothers to return the reply, 'Why not?[/CENTER]

TELLING HER HE HAS A PROBLEM WITH IT ISN'T FORCING HER NOT TO. It's making her aware that what she's doing has the POTENTIAL to disrupt their relationship.

I think I've said this like three times now.

Just because YOU, David, do not have a problem with weed doesn't make you right or him right; it's a preference. I don't like drugs either. You claim meth & cocaine are bad, but a methhead / crackhead would disagree with you whole heartily.

If he doesn't like drugs, then fine. If his girlfriend wants to try drugs, then fine. He didn't sit her down and say "Look; I'm yout boyfriend and I'm telling you you're not trying pot." That would be controlling and unfair. Not him reminding her that he doesn't like it.

Lolz. Calm down, boys. There is nothing wrong with telling her he doesn't approve of smoking weed, however.. the way he approached it was not the best. It came off as controlling and close-minded.
      [CENTER][FONT="Garamond"][COLOR="DarkRed"][SIZE="3"]Seduce&Destroy[/SIZE]
      [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
      You're sure you still wanna play this evil lil game?
      [/COLOR][/FONT][/CENTER]

Being a MJ consumer, it really isn't that bad, its better than A LOT of other drugs.
      You have the right to like her less if she does it, and her over reacting is a little over the top, but I was the same when I started. She'll calm down once she tries it. Plus the only addictive thing about pot is the actual feeling. Its similar to sex actually, addiction wise

David wrote:

It would disrupt their relationship solely because he's being judgmental and shallow about it. Meaning, he could just deal with it and everything would be fine.

I'm saying that his preferences are wrong. They're largely based on erroneous information (i.e. he believes that weed is addictive and would inevitably lead to a destructive lifestyle, which is false). The correct thing to do in this case, if he wants the relationship to last, is to open his mind a bit and learn to accept people for who they are, and not just by what they put in their bodies. He's not just saying "Hey, I don't like weed", he's looking down on her and judging her for it.

It's not just a matter of "My views on meth is that it's bad". It has medically-recognized side effects that cause damage to your body, anyone can look it up. Permanent short-term memory loss and this, for example. Meth-heads deep into addiction don't think about things in those terms because they are addicted to a powerful stimulant that alters your mind in various ways. So it's not a matter of agree vs. disagree, it's sane, rational thought vs. a mind influenced by a powerful substance.

See above.

Dude, I'm not f***ing controlling her!! I said, "You can do it, but I'm not sure I'll think the same of you."

She can do whatever she wants! She's a person with free will like me! I gave her my opinion on the drug, and what I thought would happen if she tried it and what my worries were!

God, quit thinking you know me and my girlfriends relationship! We've been dating for almost a year, very much in love, and very happy. Quit saying I'm a controlling boyfriend!

I prefer to be honest than let it slowly bother me. I have a preference! And I made her aware of that!

Quit putting words in my mouth because you're doing a terrible job. I'm not FORCING HER!! I said she can, I just told what would happen if she did. And I know who she "really is". She's a beautiful person. I basically said, "Smoking pot is a major turn off for me, but I won't stop you."

Bear seemed to be one of the few people that saw that.

Quit thinking you know everything that happened because you don't.

And btw, she said it wasn't worth it to try it then. She said she might later, but for now she said it wasn't worth it. This wasn't my idea. She can still try it and she knows it.
      Anyone can PM me if they need to. I don't mind.

Gryphen wrote:

Being a MJ consumer, it really isn't that bad, its better than A LOT of other drugs.
      You have the right to like her less if she does it, and her over reacting is a little over the top, but I was the same when I started. She'll calm down once she tries it. Plus the only addictive thing about pot is the actual feeling. Its similar to sex actually, addiction wise

It's even better than tabaco.

I don't think it's such a big deal to try as long as you try and don't become addicted to it. That's why in some way it's better if you share the moment with her, just to make sure that she doesn't become an addicted. MJ is not addictive by itself.
      [5:24 AM] lazyday: i love girls but when they're fresh e.g. 7 yo

Nocta wrote:

Sooner or later, she's gonna do it with or without you. You like it or not.

So, all you can do is control her so she doesn't become an addict (which is likely)

Hm? What do you mean? Weed isn't addictive.
      [CENTER][FONT="Garamond"][COLOR="DarkRed"][SIZE="3"]Seduce&Destroy[/SIZE]
      [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
      You're sure you still wanna play this evil lil game?
      [/COLOR][/FONT][/CENTER]

I understand where your coming from with her drinking, if she was doing that again i would i would be more understanding of the situation. But she's wanting to smoke weed, you do not get addicted weed, nor is it really unhealthy for you like drinking is. I feel that you are being a good partner by not wanting her to do anything, but it's not a bad thing, and it's perfectly common for people to get curious about things.
      [SIZE=2]One good thing about music, [/SIZE]
      [SIZE=2]when it hits you, '[/SIZE]
      [SIZE=2]you feel no pain.[/SIZE] - Bob Marley