Girlfriend wants to try pot.

    • Girlfriend wants to try pot.

      Me and my girlfriend are completely clean with drugs. I plan to never do them, but my girlfriend thinks differently.

      She recently told me she wants to try pot. She says she wants to try it once "just to see what its like." This crushed me. Thats one thing I liked about her. That she didn't need them and could be happy without them.

      She says she swears to do it once and stop. But shes had some problems before with drinking. She once forgot me completely thats how drunk she was. Shes stopped that and thats a thing of the past. But I worry the same thing will happen. I worry once she finds a place to do it, she'll over do it again.

      But heres my problem when I said I would look at her differently, and not like her as much, she started getting mad. Saying it would be only once and never again and that it wasn't right for me to get all upset over. That she'd never do it again. etc.. But I can see her getting hooked and I don't want that happening.

      Is it bad for me to start not liking her as much because of this, because I think i will.
      Anyone can PM me if they need to. I don't mind.
    • Re: Girlfriend wants to try pot.

      Takumi Usui wrote:

      I think it sounds reasonable that you would like her less. Evn if she say she will do it once you can never know if she will be hooked on it. I believe pot is a gateway drug to bigger drugs. Why does she want to start on it now?


      I disagree. Although pot is a drug, it is not chemically addictive, and no it does not always leave to bigger drugs, you're just assuming shit. I think it's honestly kind of immature of you to change your opinion on the girl you love only because she wants to try something new. There are worse things she could be doing than smoking a joint for the first time.

      If I were her I'd be pissed at you, too. It's her life and just because she makes a decision that you don't personally agree with is all part of differences in a relationship. Relationships are about understanding and acceptance and you can either let this ruin your relationship or accept it.
    • Re: Girlfriend wants to try pot.

      I agree w/ Sami.
      It is natural for a person to want to try something new. Let her try it and if she doesn't stick by her word of not doing it more than once, then get mad. If you don't let her try it she'll resent you. And this could cause bigger problems by not letting her than if she goes ahead and tries pot once.
    • Re: Girlfriend wants to try pot.

      Sami wrote:

      I disagree. Although pot is a drug, it is not chemically addictive, and no it does not always leave to bigger drugs, you're just assuming shit. I think it's honestly kind of immature of you to change your opinion on the girl you love only because she wants to try something new. There are worse things she could be doing than smoking a joint for the first time.

      If I were her I'd be pissed at you, too. It's her life and just because she makes a decision that you don't personally agree with is all part of differences in a relationship. Relationships are about understanding and acceptance and you can either let this ruin your relationship or accept it.


      Exactly, dude let her smoke a spliff if she wants too! Its not a big deal!
      [CENTER][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC][/CENTER]
      [CENTER]E quindi uscimmo a riveder le stelle ♥
      [/CENTER]
    • Re: Girlfriend wants to try pot.

      sounds like you were a little bit of a ball polisher about it, curiosity is the biggest gateway drug round' and weed isn't oh so terrible for any part of your life unless you're high 24/7 and if she wants to go there she still doesn't deserve any disrespect as long as she's living life how she wants to and being happy.
      If I were you I'd just try and take a step back, you control your own life and she controls hers and that's the way it should be. If you really think less of her because of any of her actions, well shit you can't really help it I imagine.
      [CENTER][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

      [/CENTER]
    • Re: Girlfriend wants to try pot.

      You have to decide. If her trying pot is too far for you to love and respect her then you should probably just leave her. Because if you try to repress her and not let her, or make her feel guilty for doing it you will most likely end up losing her anyway.
      [CENTER][FONT="Book Antiqua"][SIZE="4"]Nobody is perfect. So if someone does something that is considered by the masses to be wrong, does that make them evil, or is that what makes them human? -Me[/SIZE][/FONT][/CENTER]
    • Re: Girlfriend wants to try pot.

      Sami wrote:

      I disagree. Although pot is a drug, it is not chemically addictive, and no it does not always leave to bigger drugs, you're just assuming shit. I think it's honestly kind of immature of you to change your opinion on the girl you love only because she wants to try something new. There are worse things she could be doing than smoking a joint for the first time.

      If I were her I'd be pissed at you, too. It's her life and just because she makes a decision that you don't personally agree with is all part of differences in a relationship. Relationships are about understanding and acceptance and you can either let this ruin your relationship or accept it.


      Couldn't agree more with this. I think she has every right to be pissed at you, and am surprised she is not more pissed off. You cannot control her life, it is her life, not yours. If you don't want to do drugs that's fine, but don't stop her from living her life. If your opinion of the girl changes just because she has tried drugs, is seriously immature, and shows that your relationship wont last if such silly irrelevant things get to you. Its completely natural for people to experiment with drugs when they are young, it does not mean that they are going to become junkies because they smoked one joint. I have done drugs before, never had any addiction to it, but as long as the person is responsible then they wont become addicted, like Sami said, its not chemically addictive. Thinking that if you do pot then you will automatically start doing harder drugs is soo ignorant and wrong. Its the same with alcohol, as long as you don't go overboard with it and try and be responsible.
      People think the Irish are a bunch of drunks and brawlers, and that makes us soo mad sometimes that we just want to get drunk and punch somebody.

      Post was edited 1 time, last by kopite ().

    • Re: Girlfriend wants to try pot.

      ImStillAlive wrote:

      Thank you!!


      I agree. You should always try to be honest with her, because secretly resenting them and lashing out about it later is worse, leads to fights and whatnot.
      But I also agree that I would be mad at you about it. I understand your reasons for concern, but she might not. She might just think you're being elitist or controlling.
    • Re: Girlfriend wants to try pot.

      He's not being controlling at all, actually?
      He straight up told her that "Hey, if you do this, it's going to cause some complications." he has PREFERANCES that he made his girlfriend well aware of. That's not being controlling at all. Everyone needs to chill about him not liking pot.
      [CENTER]To the dumb question, 'Why me?' the cosmos barely bothers to return the reply, 'Why not?[/CENTER]
      [CENTER]Hitchens[/CENTER]
    • Re: Girlfriend wants to try pot.

      Stacey. wrote:

      Just let her, you both should be able to do exactly what you want.

      I agree If you don't like it tell her that all you can do . if some one want something they will do it event you don't like Maybe one day she will do it behind you. But you sounds she want it so badly and it could lead to open gate of drug .
      [SIZE=1][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC][/SIZE]
      [SIZE=1]twitter.com/#!/catherine_luu[/SIZE]
      [SIZE=1]www.catherineluu.com [/SIZE]
    • Re: Girlfriend wants to try pot.

      ~+ Bear +~ wrote:

      He's not being controlling at all, actually?
      He straight up told her that "Hey, if you do this, it's going to cause some complications." he has PREFERANCES that he made his girlfriend well aware of. That's not being controlling at all. Everyone needs to chill about him not liking pot.

      Yeah, I wanted some advice and I kinda got ripped to shreds. But yeah, thanks for the advice and not dragging my reputation down because of my opinion.
      Anyone can PM me if they need to. I don't mind.
    • Re: Girlfriend wants to try pot.

      Takumi Usui wrote:


      AND YEA IT IS A GATEWAY DRUG


      False.
      The reason it is seen as a gateway drug is because according to studies it was many drug-users first drug. This is simply because it is the easiest to find and most commonly used drug..

      Weed is actually better for you than drinking, it doesn't impair your judgement as much.. and people are more likely to get addicted to alcohol than weed. What is it that you don't like about it, exactly?
      [CENTER][FONT="Garamond"][COLOR="DarkRed"][SIZE="3"]Seduce&Destroy[/SIZE]
      [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
      You're sure you still wanna play this evil lil game?
      [/COLOR][/FONT][/CENTER]